Letters from Cythera a Ludibrium

Letters from Cythera a Ludibrium

Postby Mr.Punch » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:30 pm

Anybody read,is reading Jaz`Book? What do you think?

I am still at Chapter Kaph cos 1st: I haven`t enough time to read. 2nd It`s an interresting read but for a non native speaker sometimes a bit complicated, so that one has to read a paragraph twice or more and 3rd I use to read several books parallel.
Mr.Punch

Re: Letters from Cythera a Ludibrium

Postby LSDMOFRO » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:12 pm

I was going to finish it before the US tour, but since it was cancelled, I put the book down. And dont' worry...OMG, it's such a hard book to read being a native English speaker. It's not the kind of book you can read before bed. It's the type of book where you have 3 months off, you drink a large pot of coffee every day, and then you spend your best fresh hour(s) of the day reading it.

What I was going to do is finish the Holland ODIC lecture 1st...then go back to the beginning of Cythera and not read anything else but the book. Now the book is a winter project for me.

What I did find amusing and interesting (somewhere in the beginning of the book) where he writes his thoughts about portals in earth's magnetic field. This made me very curious and besides all the occult or gnostic information in the book, the scientific information I have to really study hard and it's not my forte though I'm always fascinated by such science . I have to find out what Jaz is actually talking about scientifically before I can read further?

So, one day, when I had time...I was curious to see where might one of these portals in the earth's magnetic field be in my area? And I found one by the Canadian /US border... oh...about 30 miles from me. I even wrote down the exact GPSpoint and viewed it from all angles on google maps. I was going to drive up there...then I figured the US border patrol would tag me and start asking me questions of why I was floundering around on the side of the road next to the border! Then I'd be on a no-fly list. Then I'd be the 1st one in line at the FEMA camp...So I dropped the whole idea. And I threw away all my little stupid notations I made about this magnetic point that I was going to put in my journal for posterity.
LSDMOFRO

Postby Lios » Sat May 14, 2016 2:01 pm

Being a non-english speaker, I missed the chance to get the book the first time around. And then of course I regreted it.
I know (?) there's gonna be a re-issue eventually, but if a fellow gatherer has a spare copy that doesn't mind trading for another book (or a painting since I'm a painter) and it's possible to do so by mail, i would feel grateful if you pm.
Lios

Postby Mr.Punch » Sat May 14, 2016 4:36 pm

Hi Lios! Welcome on board. It`s pretty quiet at the moment on here...but that`s quite normal when there`s no breeze showing up from the KJ camp.
Well, I keep my fingers crossed that some Gatherer has a spare copy left to exchange...but I realy doubt it...as the book was pretty expensive and signed,numbered etc etc...

But you may look here: https://www.normanrecords.com/records/1 ... m-cythera-

it`s 29,20 € + shipping

thats fair imho.

cheers mate and keep posting!

Punch
Mr.Punch

Postby Lios » Sat May 14, 2016 5:39 pm

Thank you for the greetings and the link my good man.
I'll check it out for sure.

By the way, is there any info in the book about Killing Joke and the occult that can't be found in the net? Or is it mostly about Jaz's ecology and conspirancy theories?Not that I mind, mind you, I like hearing/reading from the Man anyway.
Lios

Postby Mr.Punch » Sun May 15, 2016 3:28 pm

There is! Lot`s of Anecdotes around KJ in lose order,pretty interessting things,even from Jaz`childhood...but mainly interjectionally within or in between the main chapters.
It`s not a easy read this book but worth the effort for any non native speaker like the two of us for excample.

Enjoy!
Mr.Punch

Postby Michael » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:35 pm

Punch, does he mention his "chem trails" "and flouride in the water etc. Is taking people's will"-stuff....? I Does he REALLY believe this? I can't understand, that such an intelligent guy is coming up with this shit...or is he fooling us with irony, when he talks about this?
Life is too short to be taken seriously. (Oscar Wilde)\
Life is too short to share it on facebook. (Michael)
Michael

Postby Mr.Punch » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:01 pm

Of corse he mentioned such thaughts,but it ain`t the main topic,he mentioned such phenomena just like some adventures/funny happenings he had (for example) with Raven on a Plattform in London.
It was a very complicated read for me as it is so complex and full of guesses (from my point of view - as I will never find the time to proof the footnotes)
but the general aspect he aims to,is the freedom of personality...with all it`s pain and joy...and loads of his perspectives are based on physics and spiritualism and philosophy...and there`s something to be detected in his scribblings,but don`t dare to ask me to explain any detail...if you don`t dare to pilgrimage the KJ way of St. James...it`s hard,but worth. And in the end...you feel
free and powerful,that you`ve managed this challange...phew

..and as I mentioned earlier: something old,something new,something borrowed and something blue...

...and for the sceptics:What`s this for...!
...going on in perfect coherance...as it`s my fav Album...but still haven`t got the meaning in all it`s glory..

and for the chemtrails etc. ...nothing`s for real until it`s proved!

So: Freedom of speach,freedom of thoughts!

Btw. Got me the film :Visions of Paradise,a 15 year documentary of Lee Scratch Perry...very recommendable...but compare to his Visions,Jaz `s are like an alter boys one... :D :D :D
Mr.Punch

Postby LSDMOFRO » Sun May 27, 2018 5:44 am

Punch! I'm 1/2 way thru the book. I put it down as it was too thick --thought wise for me at the time. I should finish it in June. If you still wanted to discuss a few matters about it... let me know.. Peace brother... btw, I asked you if you had some rarities in the boot section...let me know, friend...ciao for now...
LSDMOFRO

Return to Jaz