Letters from Cythera

Letters from Cythera

Postby jameswyndorf » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:41 pm

So, what's up with Jaz's book? Has anybody got it? Is it any good or is it the same bullshit Jaz keeps raving about over and over? And last but not least, what's the order of Kaph?
jameswyndorf

Re: Letters from Cythera

Postby Mr.Punch » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:26 pm

Well, I started reading it a few days ago. (Due to work and various activities) I am not a fast reader. But it`s a very good read so far, Jaz is describing his Life on the island (at the very beginning of the book,that`s where I am at the moment) I like his style to write, there s of course parts where he comes up with topics we all knew too good but in a different way than in Interviews...my opnion...I realy enjoy it yet...oh, and I have moved this topic to the Jaz Section as we already have a Jaz Book Topic there , so this one in the NEWS section will disapear soon...but I have f... forgotten how to move it into the excisting Topic ...Lennonka? Sapro??
Mr.Punch

Postby Michael » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:44 pm

I've got one question: Does Jaz tell anything about having met Ray Manzarek, John Densmore, Robby Krieger and Nigel Kennedy one day? It could have been after the release of Concerto.\
Thanks for looking! \:-)\
Life is too short to be taken seriously. (Oscar Wilde)\
Life is too short to share it on facebook. (Michael)
Michael

Postby LSDMOFRO » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:14 pm

I haven't seen anything about Ray Manzerik yet. I'm about 40 pages in. It's a very dense book. Small font, packed with info and descriptions. Jaz Coleman's diction and writing style are of such a high intelligence, it makes it for a slow, thought provoking read. The physical product is so very nice. It's a wonderful looking book/product. I find I need the whole reference desk set to the Oxford English Dictionary to understand (and I'm an English speaker with a BA in English to boot!). Really, Jaz's diction is insane! I then find myself needing a damn Geometry book, a theologian Encyclopedia set with all gnostic religions, then books on alchemy, geomancy, quantum physics, cosmology, classical composition, psychology, and astrology and several books by Plato to comprehend what I'm reading! Then and only then will I understand what I’m reading. It’s heavy stuff! There really aren't any rants. It's very thoughtful writing so far. I have skimmed ahead. ON when Killing Joke was formed. I found myself laughing outloud for pages! That section is hilarious. Especially the apartment fire. Jaz is one damn good writer! I even found myself stopping reading...looking up Geomagnetic Terrestrial Stations in my area...and to understand the physics of it all. So... that's how the book goes. You find something that's interesting that you don't know alot about...whether you think proposterous or not (I am reading with a VERY OPEN MIND and hope to learn something) and then you stop reading and find yourself in a whole other realm of study to understand what he means and where it's going. It's one hell of a book let me tell you!!!! What is also interesting is that it makes Killing Joke, Music and Lyrics, much clearer...as we know...some lyrics and content can be very ambigious. Those ambiguities become a lot clearer on what the focus and desire of the band is in the relationship of all the music/lyrics (hope that makes sense?). I'm very happy I bought the book. No regrets whatsoever. I'm delighted in fact.
LSDMOFRO

Postby LSDMOFRO » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:21 pm

OH...I posted in wrong area. Sapro, Punchy, Queen Lennonka, can we move this thread? Thanks!
LSDMOFRO

Postby Mr.Punch » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:26 pm

I can`t see a point of a wrong topic! Your description is very fine and on topic...Page 40! Wow..I `ve just reached 14 (what a slow reader I am!) But you`re right..it`s a bloddy good read etc etc..and in general...so to answer Michalels Qusetion...it seems that myself - as a non natural speaker..to get THIS Philosophy...will take as long as it tokk to write/release it..so I`m guessing...7 years on from now? ;P
Mr.Punch

Postby LSDMOFRO » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:50 am

Mr.Punch wrote: to get THIS Philosophy...will take as long as it tokk to write/release it..so I`m guessing...7 years on from now? ;P
\
\
I know! 7 years or so for me too! I think it would help if I wrote all over the book and in all the margins..used a highlighter pen, then notes on reference material... but (1) It makes a nice book look like crap (2) when I die, my kids might open it, and definately think their dad was more insane than they actually realized? I am admitting I'm crazy, not just THAT crazy yet! Not sure if that's a bad or good thing? I can tell you...when I reach the ripe age of 76, I will be stealing AA and AAA batteries from the grocery store. (1) they are too expensive (2) I'll be on a fixed income (3) I definitely will be certified "crazy" by that time (4) I won't get arrested for shop lifting because I'll have dementia and as I said, I'll be certified "crazy"!
LSDMOFRO

Return to Jaz