Rune Songs (with Daniel Landa)

Rune Songs (with Daniel Landa)

Postby Lennonka » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:09 pm

This photo appeared on Landa's official FB page:\
\
Image\
\
with this description (originally in Czech, of course):\
Until the end of 2013 a duo "Zito44" and Coleman will prepare a special set of 14 rune songs (in Czech, English, German and perhaps Russian) not only for rune wizzards and warriors (fighters).
\
Plus a comment by a Czech fellow Gatherer Pavel:\
Daniel Landa was a singer in a fascist band Orlik which inspired a lot of racist and politically motivated violence in early 1990s. "Zito" means "rye". But it is a name in Czech ancient mythology. 44 is claimed to be Landa's age but it is clearly a reference to 88 symbol.
\
\
I would not expect much. Both Jaz and Daniel have in common that they talk too much and do a little. But Landa is not a bad musician although his music is simple and lyrics primitive; I think their cooperation would be worth it.\
\
I'm also translating an article about Landa on a request - coming soon.
∴ Too much laugh will kill you...
Lennonka
Site Admin

Re: Rune Songs (with Daniel Landa)

Postby Lennonka » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:11 pm

After reading the post by Landa, I remembered that I read about their friendship in an interview with Jaz - so this is not really news. But I have no idea where and I cannot find it because the search results are full of recent acrticles about their "upcoming cooperation". Does anyone have any clue?
Lennonka
Site Admin

Postby Lennonka » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:45 pm

The article about Landa can be found in a separate thread: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=938
Lennonka
Site Admin

Postby Werewolf32 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:03 am

It will be interesting to see what Jaz and Daniel's 'Rune Songs' album sounds like. I know Jaz was/is interested in Norse mythology, ever since he visited Iceland and met local pagan Odinists. He has also researched the links between Nordic and Hindu mythology.\
\
And do we know whether Landa still has racist or fascist views, or has he moderated his opinions in recent years?\
\
Jaz and Daniel mentioned here:\
\
http://theeuroman.blogspot.co.uk/2012/1 ... first.html
Last edited by Werewolf32 on Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Werewolf32

Postby Werewolf32 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:33 pm

"I have no problem with anybody who is good at something. Look at my friend Daniel Landa who tends to be right wing. Believe me, I know him, and when I introduced him to my black friends he was absolutely alright. But even to him it happend that somebody smashed his car...Daniel is not fundamentalist by associating with black people and gypsies...these people, on the left or on the right in the political spectrum, who I mentioned as an example, are adults, responsible men. I don't understand why they still suffer because of prejudice. And that's the reason why I say that some national conciliation on every front will be needed."\
\
- Excerpts translated from a 2007 interview with Jaz, in the Czech newspaper 'Lidove Noviny':\
\
http://www.lidovky.cz/In_noviny.asp?c=A ... noviny_sko\
\
http://kultura.idnes.cz/landa-chysta-pi ... 7_hudba_ts
Werewolf32

Postby Lennonka » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:04 pm

Thanks, Werewolf! That's the interview I was talking about.
Lennonka
Site Admin

Return to Jaz