Letters from Cythera (book) by Jaz Coleman

Re: Letters from Cythera (book) by Jaz Coleman

Postby Mr.Punch » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:34 pm

Calm, Mate calm. It`ll be there soon. It depends on -where you are based - and - when you did your pledge...it goes - I think - in a timeline order...he who pledged first -beeing served first...like this... \:roll:\ hmmm\
anyway, it`s worth the wait...wait..THE WAIT! \:D\
Mr.Punch

Postby Werewolf32 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:35 pm

Received the book today personally signed by Jaz! 485 pages long. Can't wait to read it! Well done Colesy for saving the project!\
\
From the inside cover blurb:\
\
"Letters from Cythera traces the author's various metaphysical and philosophical ideas and their influence on his music. Also outlined in the work is the Supersynthesis, a Renaissance principle that has enabled and facilitated Jaz Coleman's many accomplishments, spanning acting, conducting, singing, composing, geomancy, architecture, music production, occult history and Hermetic systems.\
\
http://www.theorderofkaph.com\
\
Letters from Cythera was written from the isolated perspective of the author's residence on a South Pacific Island."\
\
The Order of Kaph sounds intriguing, wonder if it will be a replacement for the Order of the Distant Island Charter (ODIC), or a new occult order?
Werewolf32

Postby Werewolf32 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:29 am

Having read Jaz's book I was interested to see mention of Aleister Crowley and Kenneth Grant, as I have several of their works. Also that Geordie, a Qabalist, goes so far as to wear a different coloured pair of underpants for each day of the week! I also found the London flat fire incident intriguing, after KJ performed a ritual. Jaz also quotes the lyrics to 'Madness' which he says is echoed by "Christ's perplexing remark that you are all Gods." (John 10: 34).\
What particularly struck me is Jaz and Geordie referring to "Lucky" T.P. as a "walking, talking Talisman of misery and doom", and that if you stand next to him a lightning strike will probably hit you! I can confirm this from personal experience, as soon after I met "Lucky", I developed a serious health condition ( I am now fully recovered I am glad to say, as Nietzsche said "That which does not destroy us only makes us stronger"). Jaz points out that "Lucky" is a nice chap, but that he seems to attract bad luck to those he comes into contact with...Coincidence?\
\
What are your thoughts and impressions of Jaz's book, if you have now had the chance to read it?\
\
I hope Jaz will come to London on his proposed Spoken Word Tour, to elaborate on the themes contained in his Great Work, and to tell us more about the Order of Kaph.
Last edited by Werewolf32 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Werewolf32

Postby Amalgam » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:41 pm

Who is "Lucky" T.P.?\
Is it Ted Parsons, the temporary drummer during the 2003 tours?
Amalgam

Postby Werewolf32 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:44 pm

Amalgam wrote:Who is "Lucky" T.P.?\
Is it Ted Parsons, the temporary drummer during the 2003 tours?
\
\
Correct. I bear Ted no ill will, its just that what Jaz wrote and what Geordie said about him really stuck in my mind.
Werewolf32

Postby Werewolf32 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:14 am

"LETTERS FROM CYTHERA" (Signed) by Jaz Coleman - The Story of Killing Joke and their involvement in the Occult:

http://www.killingjokemerch.com/products/24482
Werewolf32

Previous

Return to Jaz