Letters from Cythera (book) by Jaz Coleman

Re: Letters from Cythera (book) by Jaz Coleman

Postby Michael » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:04 pm

No, of course Jaz doesn't care, but I DO! So: What's your opinion about the book? \:?:\
Life is too short to be taken seriously. (Oscar Wilde)\
Life is too short to share it on facebook. (Michael)
Michael

Postby Sapromind » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:00 pm

I haven't read it, I just browsed through some pages and saw lots of mysticism/occult, philosophy, saving planet Earth and other things typical to sir Coleman. It seems like a never ending interview in which Jaz rambles about said topics without really being asked about them \;)\ And here he has the absolute freedom, not being restricted by, say, the time limit of the interview.\
Of course, there's lots of stuff about the band itself, but I'm not sure about reading the book "from cover to cover" as I believe it might be quite a painful experience, with all due respect to our beloved Jester. It simply seems like a tough read and we have no confirmation about the book being legit. I mean, seeing what I saw, I doubt it being 100% fake - all the photos, poems and Jaz's style of "lecturing"... But it still might be some unfinished version.
Sapromind

Postby Michael » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:02 pm

Sapro, that could have been my comment, too. I've read some pages to find out, that it's hard to read for me, because I'm not interested in all these theories very much. I would have bought it for all the musical stuff, but there's not very much in it. I think this is the version he has given to someone for editing.
Michael

Postby renny » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:41 am

does anyone know if we can expect the actual book soon ?
renny

Postby Mr.Punch » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:45 pm

God only...I am afraid! Typically KJ shite Organisation!
Mr.Punch

Postby Violetta Liddell » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:45 pm

Hey,\
Anyone here has experienced PledgeMusic before? I understood the system roughly, but from what I can see that's quite worrying... Many pledgers are not very happy because they have pre-ordered the book and apparently, they have been told the release/shipping date was 28th february and nothing happened... We're on 8th April and nothing happened yet \:roll:\ And on the website we can read "171% of goal". I think they're not completely honest about the schedule: if Jaz and the band are busy doing anything else it's quite understandable, they are on tour, but at least Pledge could be honest instead of making empty promises to the fans. Apparently Jaz has finished writing (and proofreading?) his book and it should be for the production to do the rest of the work... I'd really like to pledge knowing that the money will go to Jaz for his work but I don't trust pre-ordering systems and specially this one. Life teached me to never ever advance money haha. Anyway, I'm just asking in case someone would know a bit more about this...?
"A red crayon and... a red broach... A red rose and... red blood."\
Jennifer (Rule of Rose)\
"If our lives are already written, it would take a courageous man to change the script."\
Alan (Alan Wake)
Violetta Liddell

Postby Mr.Punch » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:37 pm

Hey,\
Anyone here has experienced PledgeMusic before? I understood the system roughly, but from what I can see that's quite worrying... Many pledgers are not very happy because they have pre-ordered the book and apparently, they have been told the release/shipping date was 28th february and nothing happened... We're on 8th April and nothing happened yet \:roll:\ And on the website we can read "171% of goal". I think they're not completely honest about the schedule: if Jaz and the band are busy doing anything else it's quite understandable, they are on tour, but at least Pledge could be honest instead of making empty promises to the fans. Apparently Jaz has finished writing (and proofreading?) his book and it should be for the production to do the rest of the work... I'd really like to pledge knowing that the money will go to Jaz for his work but I don't trust pre-ordering systems and specially this one. Life teached me to never ever advance money haha. Anyway, I'm just asking in case someone would know a bit more about this...?\
\
\
Hi! Violetta!\
Well, the System of Pledge on the first hand is a realy great thing to came alive last year or so...and we all have our "special" experience with KJ onPledge..it all started out with the Live Album Down by the River, which was the first ever connex between Pledge and KJ..and it took about a year..(tho due to "Circumstances") before it was delivered..and I had a talk to Geordie about it..and he was..."I hope it`ll see the light of the day...it DID! \
So, as yourself..I and many others too I `m sure were disappointed once more..as the 28th of February arrived and no sign of Letters on the horizon...but beeing into KJ ...since god knows when...and meeting the guys several times...it will come! It`s just, KJs clocks are turning different from normal ones...AND! MOST IMPORTANT! You take no Risc by pledging..cos the system is this: Pledge for a Project! If it is not coming up..you`ll payed back your pledge..so...he who dares wins! \;)\ \
\
Cheers!\
\
PUNCH
Mr.Punch

Postby Violetta Liddell » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:17 pm

Hi Mr. Punch!\
\
Well you reassured me a little. Yes I've heard about the "Down by the River" affair \:mrgreen:\ Obviously you know the system - and the guys - much better than I do. I guess I'll get used to it \:)\ \
Oh and I learned from the official page on facebook, someone asked the question to Pledge and the answer was: "We're waiting on delivery of the final book from Jaz's team. I'm sorry it's delayed but there is actually nothing we can do to help get the book printed until we actually have it.".... You must be right. KJ's clocks are turning different and the schedule must be quite messy \:)\
"A red crayon and... a red broach... A red rose and... red blood."\
Jennifer (Rule of Rose)\
"If our lives are already written, it would take a courageous man to change the script."\
Alan (Alan Wake)
Violetta Liddell

Postby Sapromind » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:47 pm

You're smiling now... but you'll be raging hard when they cancel gigs near your town when you have everything already planned! Been there, done that \:lol:\ That's the life with KJ - don't expect much, otherwise you're in for a big, bitter surprise \8-)\
Sapromind

Postby Michael » Sun May 19, 2013 8:43 pm

Any news here, have the books been sent? \:?:\
Michael

PreviousNext

Return to Jaz