Introductions

Forum for your personal announcements, exchanges, accomodation searches and so on

Re: Introductions

Postby Michael » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:29 am

Mr.Punch wrote:
Michael wrote:
harleyquinn wrote:hey DL\
\
why cant you go to any of the shows?
\
\
Hi Harley! Nice to see you here! I can't go to any of the shows (it seems so far), because in Mid-Europe all shows are during the week and I can't take free days in the week. Work sucks...
\
\
Could`nt you catch a cold? \;)\ or even diarrhea...for three days? \;)\ \
\
Think: Maybe the last Chance ever to see the Original Line-Up!!!!! Such a historical moment..you already missed the Mauerfall... \:P\ so... \:o\ \
\
\
Cheerz
\
"Mauerfall"...? What are you talking about? The Wall....isn't there ANYMORE??? You're joking.... \;-)\ Back to the topic: If I'll have a chance of 1%, I'll take it...thumbs up!\
If I can't go there, you all have to record your shows and send me copies to stop me from crying \:-P\
Life is too short to be taken seriously. (Oscar Wilde)\
Life is too short to share it on facebook. (Michael)
Michael

Postby anthony » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:22 pm

Yo I'm Anthony, still there since Jester's forum...\
Killing Joke fan since 15 years, totally addicted to their sound, and especially Geordie's tunes that i'm still figuring out on guitar tabs...\
Cheers everybody!
anthony

Postby Timer » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:31 pm

anthony wrote:Yo I'm Anthony, still there since Jester's forum...\
Killing Joke fan since 15 years, totally addicted to their sound, and especially Geordie's tunes that i'm still figuring out on guitar tabs...\
Cheers everybody!
\
\
Its all in the tuning Anthony, I know you have done some extensive work in figuring the chord structures to many KJ tracks and I applaud you for your efforts.\
My band decided to do a cover version of New Day a couple of years ago, was tgrying to figure that out for weeks untill I dropped the tuning then it all fell into place.
Timer

Postby killjoker » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:26 pm

Congrats with the forum and it is great to have a home for Gatherers again.\
\
I used the name GeorgPétur"65" on Jester´s old messageboard and some might know me from there.\
\
I got into Killing Joke when I heard Night Time album in 1985 and was instantly hooked and have a huge passion for this amazing band, some days I hardly listen to anything else \:roll:\ \
\
Favorite KJ albums;\
Extremeties, Dirt & Various Repressed Emotions\
Hosannas From The Basements Of Hell\
Brighter Than A Thousund Suns\
what´s THIS for...!\
\
http://www.lovelikeblood.blog.is
" The liars are out, they have all the assets, crawling for oil, they were bleeding for gold "
killjoker

Postby wardance » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:54 am

Watcha all, wardance here, from Feltham, big fan of the Joke since 1980, seen them many times. Thanks for the forum \8-)\
wardance

Postby Cormac » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:25 pm

Hi All,\
\
My name is Cormac. Am living in Prague now so lucky enough to bump into the boys from time to time!\
\
First saw them in '82; the rest is history... \:D\\
\
Well done for setting this up Lennonka \;)\
Cormac

Postby killjoker » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:12 pm

Forgot to mension that I have seen the band 3 times, all in the same week in England 2006 and got to meet some Gatherers then, Scarlet Woman, Jayne, Matt and Jon Chapman to name a few...and the Black Jester himself before the Koko gathering in London wich was a plesant surprice indeed, failed however to use his invite to come backstage after the consert \:(\ ...due to waisted condision after a bit too much drinking and spending the hole consert in the moshpit.
" The liars are out, they have all the assets, crawling for oil, they were bleeding for gold "
killjoker

Postby den_toxic » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:29 pm

killjoker wrote:Forgot to mension that I have seen the band 3 times, all in the same week in England 2006 and got to meet some Gatherers then, Scarlet Woman, Jayne, Matt and Jon Chapman to name a few...and the Black Jester himself before the Koko gathering in London wich was a plesant surprice indeed, failed however to use his invite to come backstage after the consert \:(\ ...due to waisted condision after a bit too much drinking and spending the hole consert in the moshpit.
\
\
I'll be there in London Georg ! hope to see you with many gatherers !
den_toxic

Postby killjoker » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:36 pm

Well, I am praying for more UK gatherings as I moved to slowly and did not secure tickets for the 2 London dates in Oct. in time, thinking of other options as well.
killjoker

Postby Sapromind » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:54 pm

Hey everyone, I use a nickname 'Sapromind', maybe some of you know me from last.fm (Killing Joke shoutboxes, etc.), I'm from Poland and I'm 20, so it seems that I'm from the younger generation of KJ fans.
Sapromind

PreviousNext

Return to The Gathering Family