Introductions

Forum for your personal announcements, exchanges, accomodation searches and so on

Re: Introductions

Postby zomboid81 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:41 pm

Hi!\
\
I'm Astrid, from N.Ireland. Got into Killing joke with the new album, had heard a couple of their songs and heard they were playing so got the new album and liked a lot of what i heard. Went to see them in Dublin, they totally blew me away! Since then i've been getting into their older stuff and just seriously hoping they play a lot more UK dates in 2011 because they're were intense live!
zomboid81

Postby Sapromind » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:48 pm

Hey Astrid, welcome \8-)\
Sapromind

Postby Freddie » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:03 pm

Welcome Astrid \:)\
Freddie

Postby Mr.Punch » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:16 pm

Welcome aboard Astrid. Let me put it this way, you chose the most spectacular Band ever emerged on the scene!!! There`s loads of stuff for you to explore. KJ world is a fascinating world by all means, honest!\
\
Lets hope they will play more Europe Dates by 2012, cos they`re going to record a further album next year, which - will take more than a few month. \;)\ \
\
Anyway, Enjoy!\
\
Cheers\
Punch
Mr.Punch

Postby zomboid81 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:46 pm

Cheers folks! \:D\ \
\
Yea as much as i'd love to hear more stuff, obviously would love to see them live again. Seen absolute dissent getting lots of good reviews so hopefully they'll be booked for at least a few UK dates \:)\
zomboid81

Postby intelektchrist » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:02 pm

Hello every body , \
quick introduction , kj fan since the age i could choose music for myself year off 1994 i guess . \
\
only managed to see them 3 times tho. Hoping i can add to that . I love the new album .\
\
Fave kj album = kj2003.\
fave kj track = kali yuga\
I was drawn here in the search for rareties and remixes etc but found a whole community of hardcore kj fans.\
\
I also love Fields of the nephilim in equal measure and im a member of their dawnrazor forum.\
\
Other bands im into \
pop will eat itself , ministry , new model army , my dying bride , type o negative , nfd , mayhem , nefilim , nile , skinny puppy etc etc \
\
i also love travelling (italy , jordan , egypt , turkey , greece , finland , germany , malta , sicily , ireland etc in the past couple of years.\
i also love ancient history egyptian , roman , greco , sumerian and mesopotamia in general .\
Well thats me in a nutshell as it were .. excuse the punctuation im typing with one hand (holding a guinness with the other)
intelektchrist

Postby Sapromind » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:01 am

Hello and welcome \;)\ Hope you'll enjoy this board as much as the guinness \8-)\
Sapromind

Postby intelektchrist » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:21 am

well thank you \:)\
intelektchrist

Postby Michael » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:58 am

Welcome, Intelekt! Have a great time here and offline with this crazy bunch! \:)\
Life is too short to be taken seriously. (Oscar Wilde)\
Life is too short to share it on facebook. (Michael)
Michael

Postby Fonz » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:27 am

Cheers Lennonka for setting me up!\
I've been lurking for ages since I found this board, and been getting frustrated at not being able to sign up. I have arrived!\
\
I've been into Joke since '85, aged 16. The Nighttime tour was my first ever gig. It was totally transformative! I have been chasing that exhilaration ever since!\
Seen them several times. My favourite era is still Firedances/Nighttime/BTATS. \
OTG was a disappointment but oddly not as much as a disappointment as the Pandemonium/Democracy era. \
They have entered a great new era since AD ...\
\
I will add to these thoughts in the relevant sections, but for now, hello.
Fonz

PreviousNext

Return to The Gathering Family