4 Minute Warning Zine

Forum for your personal announcements, exchanges, accomodation searches and so on

4 Minute Warning Zine

Postby Werewolf32 » Thu May 31, 2012 11:28 pm

'4 Minute Warning' is a UK Punk zine. Back issue number 7 includes a review of Killing Joke's Camden Underworld and London Astoria gigs in 2003, with photos of Gatherers posing with Geordie and Raven after the shows, and an interview with Mike Coles. Issue number 13 (out soon) will feature a review of 'MMXII' and a gig report of KJ's London Roundhouse gig back in February 2012.\
Price £3 each UK/£5 overseas - payable to 'M. Elsden' and send to:

Mitch Elsden, Editor, 4 Minute Warning, 31 Fir Grove, Marton, Blackpool, Lancashire FY1 6PJ. England.

http://punkrocker.org.uk/miscproduct.html
Last edited by Werewolf32 on Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Werewolf32

Re: 4 Minute Warning Zine

Postby Werewolf32 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:11 pm

"Why don't KILLING JOKE perform the whole of 'REVELATIONS' or 'FIRE DANCES' live?? They've played their first two albums to death. Both albums are often overlooked. The stripped down heavy tribal drumming and guitars are at their best on these albums. 'BIRDS OF A FEATHER' and 'LET'S ALL GO TO THE FIRE DANCES' singles are sadly forgotten, wouldn't it be great to hear them live again??!! The Joke should get rid of the ambient trance keyboards and get back to basics like 'FIRE DANCES' or 'EXTREMITIES'. Does anyone else agree? Or am I just stuck in the EIGHTIES??"\
"In a VIVE LE ROCK interview Jaz mentions hanging out with Italian Anarchists, was this DEZERTER old 80s Anarcho Punksters, or the Womble Anarchists? (They used to turn out for the Anti-Capitalist demos). Check out 'CARIO GIULIANI' by CONFLICT. I'm sure Jaz will have heard of the song, possibly from one of his daughters."\
"Bumped into WOLFMAN (ex-4 Be 2/Bollock Brothers) today in Blackpool HMV. He talked a lot about YOUTH of KILLING JOKE and JIMMY LYDON (JOHN LYDON-JOHNNY ROTTEN'S brother) who were also in 4 Be 2. He said YOUTH was a top guy along with STEVEN SEVERIN (Siouxsie and the Banshees)."\
\
- Mitch, Editor, 4 MINUTE WARNING punk zine (No. 14).
Last edited by Werewolf32 on Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Werewolf32

Postby Mr.Punch » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:10 pm

Well, Extremities were the nineties, so you`re deffo not stuck to the eighties \;)\ \
\
For the two albums, yes they`re overlooked in general...but that I think has to do that the first two were so SO massive..and on the other hand as a musician, you sometetimes don`t like to play stuff that reminds you on bad/difficult times, which might go for Revelations...see? The Band split up ..Jaz disapeared..followed by Geord...leaving Youth and Big Paul without any clue wthat had happened..I could understand that they rather drop the album more or less from the live set just because the other member doesn`t feel very confortably playing `em again. (a guess) and for Firedances...I remember that in one of several Interviews Geordie said: It needed to be remixed completely..and Jaz: We were doing too much of Cocaine at that time, so the mix /Album suffers from the fact that we were so stoned all the time ( or the like)..that might be from my point of view good reasons why they didn`t play them so often..\
\
Funny enough...on the Interview series with Geord on Youtube..he answers a question to a fan about why they don`t play BTATS..."Well, because Youth doesn`t like that Album"...but they never played it again , even with Raven on Board..so...\
\
I am happy that they are back together and serving great work almost each year since the reunion! How many Followers of Bands existing for more than 30 years can say that!? \
\
Personally I got used to the fact that they are a great bunch of Yobbos prettending to be artists...with a lousy management behind them, even when it has changed recently...it seems to go on the same ol`way...dilletatism on a high level! \:D\
Mr.Punch

Postby Werewolf32 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:03 pm

"...great bunch of Yobbos pretending to be artists" hahaha!\
\
Mitch (Michelle) the Editor of 4MW is not a member of this forum, but she has seen it.
Last edited by Werewolf32 on Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Werewolf32

Postby jameswyndorf » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:18 pm

Most punks are total assholes, I coudn't agree more!
jameswyndorf

Postby Mr.Punch » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:04 pm

I can`t agree less! I wasn`t pointing towards any social movement or tribal...In general I make no difference in between Gender,Movements, etc etc.except some political...narr nearly any political activity... but: to qoute Zappa : With each day of my life the number of who can kiss my arse increases. WHAT A STATEMENT!\
\
Regarding KJ..well...they are artists but they are as well a bunch of Yobs...but fuck me...I`ll never count `em in the Zappa Qoute..as they`re guiding me since 30 odd years,with the best music ever been played on planet earth and each year with surprises or absolute silence of agony...but in the end it used to come up Top Notch...mostly \:D\ \
\
It`s like we`re married...how to tell this to my Guitar collection...and GFs??? \:?\
Mr.Punch

Postby Werewolf32 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:10 am

'Most Punks Are Total Arseholes' is the name of a punk zine listed on the above website. KJ still play punk festivals such as Rebellion. Speaking as an ex-punk myself, KJ's early fanbase was heavily punk orientated. KJ's 'Eighties' video has film footage of UK punks wearing Killing Joke emblazoned leather jackets outside a KJ gig. Although strictly speaking KJ emerged from the post-punk genre and have gone on to produce Industrial Metal music etc.
Werewolf32

Return to The Gathering Family