Pre-Listening Party in Prague held by Jaz

Forum for your personal announcements, exchanges, accomodation searches and so on

Pre-Listening Party in Prague held by Jaz

Postby Mr.Punch » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:35 pm

Hi there. Just be back from Prague, where I was invited to (look at the topic title) last minute.\
\
It was held by Jaz at a private Music Club. Well, nuff...I arrived at my friends house around 4pm...she was still buisy with some arrangements, as she helped Jaz with the organisation, and got me in it as a little working wheel within a few Mins \:D\ \:D\ around half past five we`re off to the club.\
Big entrance, big hello. Jaz was already there and in a fucking good mood. Little chat-a chat and then he gave sign to the soundman to let it roll (a test of course) here we are Folks! Fucking intim...four people in the room and full blast...KJ MMXII Track 1 and I tell you...narr later \:mrgreen:\ \
\
So after a first and immense dosis..Jaz ,and not only him, were in a even better mood than just 15 Mins before. He was raving...Geordie will come and Youth etc etc\
\
Long story cut short...loads of people arrived by and by..might be around thirty something or so..not one familiar face for me so far but a lot of nice people...sitting around chatting, listening to Jaz`anecdotes..or just talking about music and stuff, joking and laughing, well there were some -Very Special Handmade- Promo Kids to be finished by time (which were sold for..erm let me burry out my minimalistic mathematic skills...for 200 Cz Crones ,which must be around 5-7 Euros, to cover the costs for the rent and the excellent food served by our Prague based Friend Appo (God bless her)which inholds handwritten lyrics, an Autograph of Jaz..all MMXII lyrics in print and some surprise \:o\ )\
\
Well, in the meanwhile (Yeah,c`mon Punch, leave out the anecdotes and tell us about the f...album! \:evil:\ ) It was getting ready... another good fellow gatherer Gormack ahd the brilliant idea to start the performance at 20.12 pm...sadly nuff it was already 20.16...Ok..jaz decided do star it at 21.11pm \8-)\ \
\
And now...hold your breath:\
Poleshift coming out of the speakers...very spacey...keyboards floating 1.2.3 bang bang bang here we are a fucking brill stakkato kinda rhythm, hard but not metal Great Vocals and switch /change of Rhythmic I had the impression, that this is the sound Democracy should have had...\
\
Now it`s becoming hard to tell..as I and anybody else was so impressed...I realy made my mind up how to report to you...I was prepared to write down comments to each track...forget it! Within seconds (and thistime around the atmo was different to the intimate beginning) I just could shake my head move my feet and enjoy the soundfilm..turning round seeing Friends flipping...seeing Jaz dancing..I came to the conclusion...I just can type down: WOW!\
\
Another new friend (thanks Dasha) talked me around to go more into detail.\
\
And I repeat myself...it`s becoming difficult...Fema Camp...is hard too, hard but full of Rhythm...Rapture...here it full Blast..it`s FANTASTIC...absolutely in the tradition of Exorcism..everybody was hypnoticed...so Collony Collapsed I remember Hard too..but everything crystal clear....you know what Imean...Corporate Elect...If I remember correctly it´s growling Jaz par excelance AND TRICKY TEMPO changes..In Cythera...A balladesque earworm...to me it has a winter landscape feel on it....mixed wise... a catchy tune..full of soul..Primobile....must be the one (fast and furious) wher Geordie shows his god given skills on Flagolettes (I can be wrong, and its on another track...so) GLITCH...dunno..another heavy hard trip...Trance mus be the second balldesque No of the beast (and I tell you what..I used to have my probs ith KJ going mellow or somethin) but thistime they managed to create fantastic slowones..All hollows eve... mid - slow tempo stomper..HEAVY HEAVY...but absolutely rhytmic...catch you by the balls within a sec.\
\
ladies and gents...I ( and this will ever be a subjective point of view..except 90% of the people around me at the party...la la la)\
\
This IS A KILLER ALBUM! BANG BANG BANG! The other moment you might think..oho, they`re going Pop again...at the smae moment BASH! Right in the fucking face... leaving you open mouth...LOOK foreward people! It`s Class KJ!\
\
BTW: Geordie joined us later...Youth did`nt...some more "news" and anecdotes..later! K?\
\
Yours\
\
a tired Punch
Mr.Punch

Re: Pre-Listening Party in Prague held by Jaz

Postby Amalgam » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:50 am

Lucky you! Say, can you maybe give us an impression of one of those "promo kids"?
Amalgam

Postby Mr.Punch » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:56 pm

Sure I can...\
as i told..it was made,better handmade with heartblood and sweat by our beloved Prague based Sister Appocalypsa...it`s in Din A 5 Shape in Hardpaper available in Black,Red and Blue inholding printed lyrics of MMXII, two handwritten lyric sheets by Jaz, the whole thing signed by Jaz, and top of the Pops some surprise stuff, which in my case is a used flight ticket to Geneva from Coleman ,Jeremy Seat 17F and a card pentant saying: New Zealand Badge...??? Dunno\
\
So it is more or less a fun kinda thing..just to keep the costs low...I just can guess..that Appo payed for the whole food and Jaz was giving this and thatas a supplie ..anyway...about 7-8 Euros I mean...it was a nice guesture...and I`m thinking about to give my flight ticket from this Trip to Prague to Jaz in Dortmund... \:D\ \:D\ \:D\ \
\
All that happened with best intensions from both sides..KJ and gatherers/Supliers and that`s fucking brilliant,I think \:)\ \
I will probably show some scans...when my PC will be already working propper...by which date... \:?\
Mr.Punch

Postby ahosek » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:10 am

I heard about this from a friend of a friend who was there (who isn't really even that much of a KJ fan - they went with someone else who was, apparently). I had no idea this little shindig was taking place even though I'm in Prague. Oh woe is me... \:?\ \;)\
ahosek

Postby Mr.Punch » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:02 pm

Amalgam wrote:Lucky you! Say, can you maybe give us an impression of one of those "promo kids"?
\
Here we are: Front: http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h158/ ... moKid1.jpg\
\
In the middle http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h158/ ... ides-1.jpg\
\
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h158/ ... hGifts.jpg\
\
\:D\
Mr.Punch

Postby Michael » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:10 pm

Hey, you've had a great day, I'm jealous! \:-)\ Thanks for the nice report! \:)\
Life is too short to be taken seriously. (Oscar Wilde)\
Life is too short to share it on facebook. (Michael)
Michael

Postby Mr.Punch » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:22 pm

You`re welcome.\
\
To be precise: I had two great days in Prague...the Historical Part of the City is phenomenal!Roaming on Charles Bridge listening to Rapture on your mp3 player while sunset...short before you have to leave is another special feeling. \;)\
Mr.Punch

Postby Michael » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:43 pm

...so what about another Gathering in Prague in summer? The last I've been to was years ago and with very nice people!!!
Michael

Postby Appocalypsa » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:10 am

Hello friends,\
\
I still have few of those memorial envelopes. If anyone is interested in having them, let me know. The price is 8EUR plus postal shipping which makes it 2,6EUR to Europe.\
They are all signed by Jaz plus contain, besides the lyrics, his handwritten notes or parts of the lyrics which regard to the new MMXII album.\
The envelope is a quite nice handmade piece, the front cover contains a picture which was designed by Odessa, Jaz's daughter, originally as a propsal for the album cover.\
\
Contact me via PM or my email appocalypsa at gmail dot com\
\
Take care\
\
Edita
"Nothing remains" - A.Camus\
Appocalypsa

Postby Michael » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:38 pm

Very recommended, they're very nice! \8-)\
Michael

Return to The Gathering Family