Guitars

Forum for your personal announcements, exchanges, accomodation searches and so on

Re: Guitars

Postby Mr.Punch » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:13 pm

anthony wrote:I added two vids of myself playing Sun Goes Down and Night Time -so the next one should be Darkness before Dawn!-...\
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=66284406
\
\
\
Well done, mate! Damn, I would like to hear your guitar full blast! Another excample that a guitar has to be played to come alive. On your fotos it just looked good. On the Vids, beeing played, it is simply great! \
\
\
Cheers
Mr.Punch

Postby anthony » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:42 am

Thanx Mr Punch... I'm totally statisfied of this guitar, she sounds great even on these vids where the sound quality is horrible i think we can hear the P-90 type of sound... But during the recording i put the amp too far from the cam, i will add some soon -Kings and queens, Slipstream, Intravenous and maybe Love like Blood and Communion- putting the amp closer to the vid recorder... Hope it will sound better...
anthony

Postby guitarplayer12 » Tue May 27, 2008 7:54 am

anthony wrote:Here is a really interesting interview of Geordie from the 80's... \
He talks about augmented fouths and sevenths chords to make his own chords structure and about his gear...\
http://www.anirrationaldomain.net/artic ... k0684.html
\
That's a great article Anthony especially what he says about Boss stuff being synthetic LOL. I love the Line 6 POD X3 Live and use a Jackson Dinky with Seymour Duncans for that metal guitar slim neck easy playing thing, if I could just get it set up right tremolo and all
guitarplayer12

Postby SPURMEON » Sat May 31, 2008 8:33 pm

Just bought a Fender Jaguar bass, nice.
SPURMEON

Postby guitarplayer12 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:18 am

anthony wrote:Thanx Mr Punch... I'm totally statisfied of this guitar, she sounds great even on these vids where the sound quality is horrible i think we can hear the P-90 type of sound... But during the recording i put the amp too far from the cam, i will add some soon -Kings and queens, Slipstream, Intravenous and maybe Love like Blood and Communion- putting the amp closer to the vid recorder... Hope it will sound better...
why don't you go straight into the camera from one of the outs on the ampl. what effects are you using to get the Geordie sound?? the myspace demos sound like he is using some wah lately
guitarplayer12

Postby anthony » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:59 am

I used a small Vox DA-5 amp with its chorus and its delay (700ms) and a "Crunch 2" sound , and a LINE-6 ECHO PARK delay pedal (on Night Time) to get this slapback delay (100ms), and i added a bit of this pedal chorus...\
I got only one out on this amp (line out) and if i use it i won' t hear what i'm playing...\
I'm trying to find a closer "Geordie sound" with my Boss GT-8, but for the moment i only found something close to the later KJ stuffs, more "metal" in a way...
anthony

Postby Mr.Punch » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:57 pm

Well, you could place a NEUMANN Tube Mikrophone \:D\ somewhere in your room and plugg it into the cam!\
\
Geordie use them (as everybody) in the studio! \;)\ \
\
http://www.musik-service.de/neumann-m-1 ... 020de.aspx\
\
\
C`mon, some extra shifts.... \:mrgreen:\ \:mrgreen:\ \:mrgreen:\
Mr.Punch

Postby guitarplayer12 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:00 am

Anthony, dude forget the Boss GT stuff, even the gt10 that was just released is garbage compared to the Line 6 POD X3 LIVE!
guitarplayer12

Postby anthony » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:43 am

No, i like the GT-8, loads of possibilitys with it...\
I had the GT-5 around 1997-1998 and that's the reason why i bought the GT-8, i was totally enjoying it, i left my Marshall amp at home and was plugging it in the PA, big sound...
anthony

Postby Diddyboy » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:52 pm

I play:\
Fender US strat with rosewood fingerboard and Seymour duncan hotrails in the bridge; Marshall TSL 100 head; Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab; Marshall 1936 2x12 cab; Boss delay, chorus, noise gate and tuner pedals; TC Electronic delay pedal, Blackstar HT dual distortion/overdrive pedal; Line6 MM4 modulation pedal; MXR Custom audio electronics line booster pedal. Taylor 114CE acoustic.
Diddyboy

PreviousNext

Return to The Gathering Family