Guitars

Forum for your personal announcements, exchanges, accomodation searches and so on

Re: Guitars

Postby anthony » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:43 am

I play a big hollow-body DEAN PALOMINO that sounds great with 3 P-90 PU, a very small amp Vox DA-5 at home that i find amazing for a so little amp -5watts-, a line 6 delay echo-park, and a multi-effect Boss GT-8 that i don't use with any amp but with a pair of amplified stereo speakers... This one allows to use two different pre-amp at the same time -2 channels-, I use one on the left out and another different one on the right out, with 30ms delay between the two, and it just sound awesome, a big big sound my friends....
anthony

Postby billynoband » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:49 pm

Is it my ears or has Geordies live sound lost a lot of top end over the years. I recon he is using multi effects now instead of the old analoge stuff. I remember someone on the old forum wondering why his sound is buried in the mix live nowadays. The pa guy should have to listen to the first three albums before being allowed to do the gig. Probally thinks he is doing a disco.
All the best gig's have no support band and finish early. Time for bed Flowrence said Dougal.
billynoband

Postby anthony » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:20 am

On stage i find Geordie's sound is strong enough, but on the live videos it's true that it's really weak, as on the XXV Gathering vid... The Astoria 94 vid is an exception, listening to Wardance played on this live i was amazed to hear so well Geordie's sound...
anthony

Postby Timer » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:24 pm

anthony wrote:I play a big hollow-body DEAN PALOMINO that sounds great with 3 P-90 PU, a very small amp Vox DA-5 at home that i find amazing for a so little amp -5watts-, a line 6 delay echo-park, and a multi-effect Boss GT-8 that i don't use with any amp but with a pair of amplified stereo speakers... This one allows to use two different pre-amp at the same time -2 channels-, I use one on the left out and another different one on the right out, with 30ms delay between the two, and it just sound awesome, a big big sound my friends....
\
\
\
cheers for the GT8 tip there Anthony, I use one in a similar fashion , but haven't tried splitting the pre amps into two individual channels as you have to good effect.\
I just channeled left into a Traynor amp and right into a Marshall , being driven by a Gibson LP studio, the traynor amp giving a clean sound and the Marshall for some grunt!\
I need to set all my gear up tomorrow as I have an impending Band CD recording coming up this month so need to practice.\
\
\:)\
Timer

Postby anthony » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:21 am

Timer wrote:
anthony wrote:I play a big hollow-body DEAN PALOMINO that sounds great with 3 P-90 PU, a very small amp Vox DA-5 at home that i find amazing for a so little amp -5watts-, a line 6 delay echo-park, and a multi-effect Boss GT-8 that i don't use with any amp but with a pair of amplified stereo speakers... This one allows to use two different pre-amp at the same time -2 channels-, I use one on the left out and another different one on the right out, with 30ms delay between the two, and it just sound awesome, a big big sound my friends....
\
\
\
cheers for the GT8 tip there Anthony, I use one in a similar fashion , but haven't tried splitting the pre amps into two individual channels as you have to good effect.\
I just channeled left into a Traynor amp and right into a Marshall , being driven by a Gibson LP studio, the traynor amp giving a clean sound and the Marshall for some grunt!\
I need to set all my gear up tomorrow as I have an impending Band CD recording coming up this month so need to practice.\
\
\:)\
\
I love the slicer effect on the GT-8, it allows to play some modern trance-like phrases, awesome...\
The thing that is cool too is that we can set the different effects on the tempo of the songs you play... I had the boss GT-5 a few years ago and it wasn't easy to set the depht of chorus for exemple on the song tempo... \
I*
anthony

Postby wardance » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:45 am

Georgie is one of my favourite guitarists \8-)\
wardance

Postby anthony » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:34 am

wardance wrote:Georgie is one of my favourite guitarists \8-)\
\
\
It's Geordie, not Georgie...\
He's my fav guitar player too, and i think he's underrated even if a lot of guitarist are influenced by Killing Joke...
anthony

Postby den_toxic » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:47 pm

Geordie is the best post punk guitarist... I think \:twisted:\
den_toxic

Postby anthony » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:31 am

Here is a really interesting interview of Geordie from the 80's... \
He talks about augmented fouths and sevenths chords to make his own chords structure and about his gear...\
http://www.anirrationaldomain.net/artic ... k0684.html
anthony

Postby anthony » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:24 pm

I added two vids of myself playing Sun Goes Down and Night Time -so the next one should be Darkness before Dawn!-...\
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=66284406
anthony

PreviousNext

Return to The Gathering Family