Who told you how?

Forum for your personal announcements, exchanges, accomodation searches and so on

Re: Who told you how?

Postby Gambit » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:09 pm

When I was 14 LLB hit the charts. I immediatly loved the song, so loud, but yet so sereen. I did not have a lot of money round that time. Fortunatly my older sister liked LLB too, so she bought (by accident) Revelations. Where she was not to keen on it, I really got blown away. The Hum, Empire Song, I could not get them out of my head. So every time she wasn't at home, I would sneak up her room and play Revelations. (lot's of times she caught me and gave me a severe punishment \:D\ )\
\
Got addicted from then on, and it never got away. KJ is a religion, I am a believer........ \:twisted:\
"Looks like the Gambit is here.........."
Gambit

Postby iceworm999 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:33 am

I know nothing...Geordie sent me.
iceworm999

Postby ahosek » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:57 pm

killjoker wrote:A friend played Night Time album for me in 1985 and I have not looked back since.
\
\
\
Ditto here, although I think I heard it a year or two after its initial release. No looking back.
ahosek

Postby NOF » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:18 pm

I'd heard all the commotion with Nirvana when I was sixteen, but didn't give it much thought until May 2005 when I was in HMV looking for a Husker Du album. I saw the cover for the first album sticking out. Impulse purchase. It had started raining when I put it on. First song Requiem knocked me for six. Although I had been a fan of Joy Division before , I had never heard anything like it before. Next song made me a believer. \
\
Saw them five months later in Liverpool.
'I'm not a jukebox'\
\
Al Jourgensen
NOF

Postby anthony » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:12 am

\:roll:\
anthony

Postby NOF » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:17 am

anthony wrote::roll:
\
\:?\
'I'm not a jukebox'\
\
Al Jourgensen
NOF

Postby Whiplash » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:49 am

A good friend of mine had Revelations on Cassette. I was 18 at the time in college and it was a fall day. I borrowed it from him and in those days we used Walkman's. I think Sony coined the name. I put it on and bagan walking around on the campus at the college I was going to and couldn't believe what I was listening to! I never heard anything like it and to this day I still get chills when I listen to it, but now it's on my MP3 player. I was a fan instantly!
"I'll never let you get to me, survival is my victory"
Whiplash

Postby anthony » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:35 am

NOF wrote:
anthony wrote::roll:
\
\:?\
\
sorry, it's just because i was beginning to tell my KJ love story untill i realized i already posted it months ago... I know i should stop to smoke...
anthony

Postby Icen Killin » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:45 am

It was late '79 in London and on a cold winters night in Ladbroke Grove, a friend of mine invited me to a rehearsal room near Shepherds Bush Roundabout to see this new band that were happening. We were buzzed in and found ourselves in a large warehouse space with four figures gathered in the centre of the space, who were just quietly sitting and chatting. They welcomed us, offered us a drink and a smoke and a seat and then asked if we would like to hear the latest piece they were working on.\
They got to their feet and picking up their instruments, Jaz started the intro pulsing on the Oberhiem ......Requiem.....Geordies guitar took the top of my head off......Pauls drums tanked in with Youths dub bass......and then Jaz starts foaming at the mouth...full on like a gig.\
As you guys will understand, for a 16 year old, this was a life changing moment, literally right before my eyes.\
Since then KJ has informed my life on many different levels, as a true alternative to popular culture,and the people I've met, still friends long years later.\
So much more than just a rock band, KJ always had an aura about them, a vibration....a strong sense of destiny.\
It's great that here we are nearly 30 years on (where did the time go..?) and they are still happening.....let's hope we've a few more years of joy....\
and yeah.....Requiem still raises the hairs on my back.\
Great.\
\
Icen
Icen Killin

Postby Mr.Punch » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:44 pm

Great! So you`re a true follower from the very first start!\
\
Welcome on board.
Mr.Punch

PreviousNext