Who told you how?

Forum for your personal announcements, exchanges, accomodation searches and so on

Re: Who told you how?

Postby killjoker » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:26 pm

Sapromind wrote:I didn't get into them because of the music I heard (the first song I heard was "Loose Cannon" and we all know it's not the greatest one), but because of the interview with Jaz and the notions he was presenting. And then came the music - I started with the new stuff, like "Killing Joke" '03 ("You'll Never Get to Me" was the song that became one of my personal anthems) and then I got into older albums. Now I find myself as the only person in the world who likes "Outside the Gate", "Extremities..." and "Hosannas..." at the same time.
\
\
You are not alone \8-)\ ...I like them all, even Outside the Gate is amongst my favorites...love that album.
" The liars are out, they have all the assets, crawling for oil, they were bleeding for gold "
killjoker

Postby Appocalypsa » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:24 pm

Sapromind wrote:Now I find myself as the only person in the world who likes "Outside the Gate", "Extremities..." and "Hosannas..." at the same time.
\
\
.... yes, you are \:D\\
(but i hope you'll grow up from that soon \:mrgreen:\ )\
\
\
......Just kidding \;)\ You opinion is your opinion \:)\\
Welcome on the board \:)\
"Nothing remains" - A.Camus\
Appocalypsa

Postby Sapromind » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:01 pm

Come on, can't you see the greatness of songs like "Unto the Ends of the Earth" or "Tiahuanaco"? Yeah, you won't hear there Geordie's smashing guitars, but is it the only reason why you like KJ?
Sapromind

Postby Lennonka » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:08 pm

Sapro, you're not the only one who likes OTG - it's one which I listen to mostly.\
Welcome aboard! : )
∴ Too much laugh will kill you...
Lennonka
Site Admin

Postby Mr.Punch » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:33 pm

I realy think it`s time to change the substances Bros.& Sis. \:P\ \
\
\
@ Sapro: Geords Git is about 70% why I like KJ *. But O.T.G lacks not only the Git....where`s the thunderin`Drums? The Groov`n`kickin` Bass? \
\
Anyway, you`re welcome here INSIDE THE GATE!as any freak is different! \;)\ \
\
But O.T.G. reminds not beeing a KJ Album! (Fact) it was a Jaz thing....and the Rec. Comp. knew why putting KJ on the Sleeve...otherwise it would`ve sold 12 exemplares, only !\
\
* there`s left 10% BP`s Drumming , 12 % Mike Coles`Visuals,and 5% Jaz`Fairytales!
Mr.Punch

Postby Lennonka » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:04 pm

Have you changed the subject, brother Ralle, haven't you? \:P\ \
\
I hear most of the songs from OTG as little symphonies. \
\
Anyway, the music doesn't matter, actually.\
It's ALL about relations and relationships... try to appose! \:lol:\
Lennonka
Site Admin

Postby Mr.Punch » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:28 pm

Lennonka wrote:Have you changed the subject, brother Ralle, haven't you? \:P\ \
\
I hear most of the songs from OTG as little symphonies. \
\
Anyway, the music doesn't matter, actually.\
It's ALL about relations and relationships... try to appose! \:lol:\
\
\
I was about switching SUBSTANCES! Sis! SUBSTANCES! (the ones which use to manipulate the synapse \:P\ )
Mr.Punch

Postby Lennonka » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:36 pm

Like many Czech people, I've seen the movie Rok dabla. (Could be in 2003/2004)\
Jaz took my attention immediately but the very first impression was not really good and I thought:\
Just another typical rockstar?! He seems so arrogant! I don't care...\
\
However, I liked Frenzy and Exorcism by KJ, which were in the movie and also Jaz's solemn works inthere (Pukaea from the Pacifica album, Rape and healing of Nauru from Oceania was also interesting).\
Later (2004), I saw an interview with Jaz and I loved the way he was excited about Arabian music and finally, the way he talked in general.\
\
A year later, 2005, KJ played a gig in a club around the corner of my home in Brno. [Literally!]\
I remember I was watching a poster and I thought: You won't get me yet! I will attend the next time...\
I knew I would come one day but I wasn't ready - there wasn't the right time nor place.\
\
Finally, I got into KJ approx. one year after this gig.\
I remember I was into the Queen a little bit that time - but I wanted something new \
because I was already familiar with the music of Queen and Freddie Mercury \
whom I love, especially for the Arabian influences in rock music.\
That's it!\
I remembered the interview with someone who was so excited about Arabian music, Rok dabla... \
I started to seek KJ since then; and also Jaz's solo works as I expected them to be full of Arabian influences.\
I was completely astounded by Jaz's musical encompas, his abilities and KJ music.\
How I regretted I didn't go earlier!\
\
Finally, I subscribed to the Gathering mailing list and asked about some gigs. \
I wished very much to see them live and meet mr. Coleman, eventually but I reckoned I was asking too much.\
But what happened then... ha, Appo discovered me and she got me to the backstage right at the first gig!\
Finally, KJ appeared in a Czech asshole, Trutnov, playing for few tens of people, the day before the festival started officially.\
My meeting them was too fast and unbelievable.\
\
For me, KJ is mainly about Jaz, honestly. \
I agree they wouldn't be what they are without the other members, \
however I feel that Jaz is the glowing core.\
Now, you can stone me... \:twisted:\
Lennonka
Site Admin

Postby Mr.Punch » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:45 pm

Lennonka wrote:Like many Czech people, I've seen the movie Rok dabla. (Could be in 2003/2004)\
Jaz took my attention immediately but the very first impression was not really good and I thought:\
Just another typical rockstar?! He seems so arrogant! I don't care...\
\
However, I liked Frenzy and Exorcism by KJ, which were in the movie and also Jaz's solemn works inthere (Pukaea from the Pacifica album, Rape and healing of Nauru from Oceania was also interesting).\
Later (2004), I saw an interview with Jaz and I loved the way he was excited about Arabian music and finally, the way he talked in general.\
\
A year later, 2005, KJ played a gig in a club around the corner of my home in Brno. [Literally!]\
I remember I was watching a poster and I thought: You won't get me yet! I will attend the next time...\
I knew I would come one day but I wasn't ready - there wasn't the right time nor place.\
\
Finally, I got into KJ approx. one year after this gig.\
I remember I was into the Queen a little bit that time - but I wanted something new \
because I was already familiar with the music of Queen and Freddie Mercury \
whom I love, especially for the Arabian influences in rock music.\
That's it!\
I remembered the interview with someone who was so excited about Arabian music, Rok dabla... \
I started to seek KJ since then; and also Jaz's solo works as I expected them to be full of Arabian influences.\
I was completely astounded by Jaz's musical encompas, his abilities and KJ music.\
How I regretted I didn't go earlier!\
\
Finally, I subscribed to the Gathering mailing list and asked about some gigs. \
I wished very much to see them live and meet mr. Coleman, eventually but I reckoned I was asking too much.\
But what happened then... ha, Appo discovered me and she got me to the backstage right at the first gig!\
Finally, KJ appeared in a Czech asshole, Trutnov, playing for few tens of people, the day before the festival started officially.\
My meeting them was too fast and unbelievable.\
\
For me, KJ is mainly about Jaz, honestly. \
I agree they wouldn't be what they are without the other members, \
however I feel that Jaz is the glowing core.\
Now, you can stone me... \:twisted:\
\
\
Wot substance are you on actualy??? \:P\ \;)\ \:D\
Mr.Punch

Postby anthony » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:05 am

I first discovered KJ when i was ten with Love like blood -when it came out-, but i didn't know the name of the band, just was totally mad about that song- on one of my dad's tape-... I was already in love qwith guitars and that Geordie's sound blew me away...\
6 years later i was at one friend's, we shared a few drinks and fat joints and he put the record Night Time, the first two songs blew me away too, then i recognized the third song, LLB, and fell in love with that band...\
The guy lend me Brighter... and Extremities on the same day, and i was shocked by the difference between the two records, but i loved them both, loved everything on it, drums, bass, GUITARS, and Jaz voice and lyrics...\
Two years later i wasn't expecting anything from this band, was thinking they splited, but then came out Pandemonium and first the Exorcism remixes... I was collapsed by what i heard, awesome sound...\
And then the Pandemonium tour came, saw them in Paris for this tour, and i was still collapsed, great gig, really loud sound but so goooood...\
Except OTG i love all their albums, especially WTF, Night Time, Extremities, Pandemonium and Hosannas...\
To me Judas Goat is the best song the band has ever written, and as every one of us i can't wait the next tour and album...
anthony

PreviousNext

Return to The Gathering Family