Who told you how?

Forum for your personal announcements, exchanges, accomodation searches and so on

Re: Who told you how?

Postby Lennonka » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:37 pm

Icen Killin wrote:a strong sense of destiny
\
That's a very nice and pretty fitting expression.\
\
Honour to meet you! Welcome.
∴ Too much laugh will kill you...
Lennonka
Site Admin

Postby The Disciple » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:02 am

Killing Joke came into my life in two waves really, seems weird but very true.\
The first wave was like this.\
I went to visit my mate down his local youth club; we got chatting and he said listen to this and put A New Day dub on. I was instantly hooked by the drums and the grandeur of the guitar and afterwards he played Eighties and that was it; it was like a wake up call and things were never the same again. Much to the disgust of my parents, Killing Joke errupted into my musical life, filling my room with their beloved tunes, my collection grew tenfold and my appearance changed as well. Supposedly it was just a phase I was going through; well it's been a long bloody phase! LOL\
\
The second wave...\
By now KJ had been in my life for a long time and I had just joined the internet. I went searching for fellow KJ fans just like me and came upon a forum that literally shook my world.\
It was Jester's forum.\
I was welcomed by a certain Mr Punch shortly followed by the legendary man himself and a world of Killing Joke which I never knew of, tidal waved into my life.\
Many a friendship was made and I soaked it up like a sponge until it ran through my veins freely; the info, the stories, the laughter and the quarrels; but most of all the Jester himself.\
Truly a amazing time and ended well before it should of done; but never forgotten.\
\
I took a time out for various reasons, but now i'm back and ready to scream at the world again (C'mon Jaz I need new material!!!!!!!) And so I ended up here. A New Day.
How the hell did Mr Punch get 620 odd posts?
The Disciple

Postby scotty 2 tees » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:11 am

I remember being an 8os lad,big hair,big ego.and then i heard 80s.i think that track kinda got me into them and then fire dances sealed the deal.Yeah me and me mates used to do this cocky chicken kind of dance to those tracks.(probs looked liked idiots)and then the wait.(We f...in loved the wait_)used to go beserk when that track was played.\
and the rest they say is history.I sometimes wish I was there again.(I know im not alone) but since those first days ive always loved em.(nice to know im not alone after all) \:D\
scotty 2 tees

Previous

Return to The Gathering Family