Who told you how?

Forum for your personal announcements, exchanges, accomodation searches and so on

Who told you how?

Postby Mr.Punch » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:21 am

Becoming a KJ follower? gatherer whatever you want...\
I discovered them twice!\
First touch was at a Club in Oberhauen where I used to go to then 79/80...suddenly this Poster was hanging there...(The Mr. Punch, Skyscrapers..lightening. aeroplane one..)\
I was totaly bound! Did`nt knew the Band then...so, did`nt joined the gig (which I will never forgive myself)..and they were playing together with the hot Basement 5 then ( well only of interrest for our Brit Gatheres)..can you imagine missing a gig like that???\
Secondtime around was at a friends...he ought to do the dishes..and left me alone in his room with headphones, a Bong, and KJ 1....was`nt the sameone anymore since then. I recognize Requiem (heard on the dancefloor before,as goes for Wardance)..but again the work of Colsey was the initial blew..hell was I bound to the sleeve...\
Within three days..I got! KJ 1; WTF!and Turn to red EP!

Re: Who told you how?

Postby harleyquinn » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:04 pm

I discovered them thanks to Jester \:)\ \:(\
Remembering Absent Friends Who Live By Love

Postby invocation » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:51 am

Their song "the death and resurrection show" was featured on the 2004 game Need for Speed II soundtrack. I really liked their track, and went from there really. I got hold of pretty much all their stuff and they've been my favourite band since.

Postby Appocalypsa » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:41 pm

Yeah, that's it. How little of KJ is needed to hear to realize that 'THAT'S IT'.\
I saw a piece of Frenzy in the film The Year of the Devil and I immediatelly started to search for more and more and more.. \
And to Puncher:\
I wouldn't stop kicking my ass for not going to that gig \:D\\
(but well, i missed two great gigs in Prague in 2003 as well, plus one private party....)
"Nothing remains" - A.Camus\

Postby Michael » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:53 am

I've heard LLB and my big brother brought an LP of Night Time when it came out....that was it! \:-)\ Before I've only listened to the Sisters Of Mercy, Men at Work and Jean Michel Jarre \:lol:\ Hey, I've been eleven about then \:roll:\
Life is too short to be taken seriously. (Oscar Wilde)\
Life is too short to share it on facebook. (Michael)

Postby soundgardener » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:05 am

Pandemonium on student radio in 1994 in New Zealand, the only thing I was listening to at the time that came close to hitting me as hard as Soundgarden did. Still my favourite KJ album, don't agree with the 'filler' comments at all. Popped my cherry with a popping sound.

Postby killjoker » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:28 pm

A friend played Night Time album for me in 1985 and I have not looked back since.
" The liars are out, they have all the assets, crawling for oil, they were bleeding for gold "

Postby Aja » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:42 pm

I heard "Eighties" on the radio...in 2003 oddly enough and my mom said, "They have better songs than that." So...when my dad came to visit me shortly after I found their self titled debut in his collection and took a listen. Liked it. Then I bought KJ 2003, then Night Time....Then...\
I SAW THEM LIVE! (Nov 13, 2003 at Slim's) Hooked. Absolutely hooked. \:mrgreen:\

Postby SPURMEON » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:45 pm

I heard The Wait at a friends house in 1981 and that was it.

Postby Sapromind » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:06 pm

I didn't get into them because of the music I heard (the first song I heard was "Loose Cannon" and we all know it's not the greatest one), but because of the interview with Jaz and the notions he was presenting. And then came the music - I started with the new stuff, like "Killing Joke" '03 ("You'll Never Get to Me" was the song that became one of my personal anthems) and then I got into older albums. Now I find myself as the only person in the world who likes "Outside the Gate", "Extremities..." and "Hosannas..." at the same time.

Return to The Gathering Family