Introductions

Forum for your personal announcements, exchanges, accomodation searches and so on

Re: Introductions

Postby Violetta Liddell » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:50 pm

Well, wow! Thanks for your hearty welcome! I'm happy to be here, really \:)\ And happy to read I'm not the only one suffering from shyness here \:)\ \
@ LSDMOFRO : I love Rimbaud, I love Baudelaire (especially "Les Fleurs du Mal")! How did you guess? \:D\ Anyway you're completely right about shyness: it's only in our (twisted) minds and we have to feckin' fight against!\
Well I'm glad we are a small community, it's easier and reassuring for me (learning about KJ through real fans and learning to discuss in English about subjects I'm really interested in, not like school exercises \:mrgreen:\ ).\
@ Mr.Punch : thanks for your welcome, and compliments. That's the kind of positive attitude I need \;)\ \
I'll try to post serious things (or questions) as soon as I'll have a little time to spare! (feckin' exams.....)\
\
Cheers everyone!\
Violette
"A red crayon and... a red broach... A red rose and... red blood."\
Jennifer (Rule of Rose)\
"If our lives are already written, it would take a courageous man to change the script."\
Alan (Alan Wake)
Violetta Liddell

Postby OWEI » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:58 pm

'Ow do - long time fan (1980), only just stumbled across this board.
OWEI

Postby Mr.Punch » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:21 pm

Welcome! Feel like òme and contribute. Cheers.
Mr.Punch

Postby OWEI » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:41 pm

Thanks - will do!
OWEI

Postby Psy68 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:14 am

Hi everyone,I'm Simon originally from Leicester I now live in Mundesley on the North Norfolk coast. work as a Support worker in a care home.looking forward to the new album
Psy68

Postby Mr.Punch » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:18 pm

Welcome on board. Looking foreward for your contributions. :)
Mr.Punch

Postby IntravenousExorcism » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:43 am

Hi, I'm IntravenousExorcism. I'm relatively new to Killing Joke, I just started listening to them in November. I'm a huge fan though, already, because I absolutely love their music. I still haven't bought all their albums yet (unlike most people of this generation, I prefer to buy physical product over streaming), but what I have heard is great. I hold a semi-unpopular opinion on the band in that I think their best albums are the three released in the 90s: Extremities, Pandemonium and Democracy (most people don't like this one much, I don't know why. Sounds great to me, I especially love the way the acoustic guitars are intertwined with Geordie's guitar). But I love all their albums I've heard so far, every one has lots of great songs. My favorite KJ songs would be "Labryinth", "Inside the Termite Mound", "Requiem", "Kings and Queens", "Are You Receiving", "Pilgrimage" and "In Cythera", but you could pick basically any song by them and I'd probably like it. Anyway, that's all I have to say, I hope to see you guys around the forums!
IntravenousExorcism

Postby Michael » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:21 pm

Hi IntravenousExorcism, welcome on board! It is very, very, very quiet here these days, but you can be sure, that there are still some people reading, although they have no news to tell and they don't post at the moment. And the board will be more active in the futuere, when there are more news, a new album etc (I hope). Meanwhile, have fun reading old posts, ask questions etc. There some real big experts on the board and I think they'll answer them (Mr. Punch, Scotty...) And, hey, we share a love to Democracy, it's one of my favourites! I love the atmosphere on that one, it's the darkest of all KJ-albums in my opinion.
Have fun!
Life is too short to be taken seriously. (Oscar Wilde)\
Life is too short to share it on facebook. (Michael)
Michael

Postby Mr.Punch » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:23 pm

Hi, IntraExo...welcome aboard.
Nice to see younger generations turning up on here (I am guessing you`re younger cos of your physical vs, download sentence), well as Michael putted it it`s more than quiet on here, but I cannot help, I m thinking that ther won`t be any more action at any time..as I tried to open a discussion about Jaz`Book...nothing happened...about the DVD..nothing happened...even Pylon doesn`t created an exchange of views etc etc as it was in the glory days...FACEBOOK is the death of all Forums!
Glad that you`ve joined...but don`t expect too much....sad but true...btw. I like your choice of your fav, Albums,,but to me...AND THAT`S HOW OLD I AM!!! :D The first 4 Albums (incl. HA!) I would take to an isolated Island..especialy What`s this for...!
cheers and enjoy the silence
Mr.Punch

Previous

Return to The Gathering Family