Absolute Respect

Forum about related bands, artworks, tributes, philosophy...

Absolute Respect

Postby Mr.Punch » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:54 pm

...This Version of Pssyche works for me!!!! Captures the spirit, aggression etc etc...well done.\
\
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XQcO2p_2BY\
\
never heard that one before. I used to like the Nouvelle Vague one...essential...both of them and Foofighters and maybe the Finn vers. of panda are ok..the rest fails. \
\
Absolute Failores:\
\
Metallica (first thought when I first heard it...in the ninetees? right?? It`s so sterile! Totaly constructed! No feel, no connex to the original....comercial aspect only!!!!! No passion at all!)\
\
Amen (What the fuck does that mean ?????? The absolute and final low point!!!!!)\
\
Helmet ( Bearable Rehearsal Room Version imho. I `ve heard better ones )\
\
Dead by April (Good God...this song is so often violated inna half-hearted untalented Goth style!!! WHY??????)\
\
Mad Capsolute Markets (Why do some people think that you can push a perfect song foreward, turning it into a boring Metal Something???? Every Song has a spirit...capture it or leave it, please!!!!)\
\
Fear Factory (Look above)\
\
\
So Absolute Respect ain`t the right title.\
\
More: KILLING JOKE: Shamelessly Raped. Plus: Four artistical tributes.
Mr.Punch

Re: Absolute Respect

Postby firedance » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:44 pm

I almost completely hate it.\
\
Dead by April is the only one I kinda like. I like the Mobyish piano notes replacing the guitar riff.\
\
I don't think KJ are easy to cover - generally their style is so distinctive and economic that you either need to do a pretty faithful version or change it completely. This is true of any cover in my opinion but even more so with KJ.\
\
I mean look at FF's Requiem "ooh, I'm singing it an octave lower and as if I'm half asleep". It's bloody awful.\
\
Apart from everything else, Metallica have over simplified the guitar for the chorus - not a good move. It just sounds really basic.\
\
Primitive isn't too bad (faithful) but the vocals utterly suck. And as for Europe? words fail me. That guy should be locked up for a vocal delivery like that.
Left my conscience way behind ... tumble tumble, here we goooooo!
firedance

Re: Absolute Respect

Postby Michael » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:03 pm

Only listened to it once. I don't like any of that versions.
Life is too short to be taken seriously. (Oscar Wilde)\
Life is too short to share it on facebook. (Michael)
Michael

Return to KJ Tribute