Killing Joke Guitar Covers

Forum about related bands, artworks, tributes, philosophy...

Killing Joke Guitar Covers

Postby JJAAHH » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:35 am

I had a word with, I think Anthony who is 'KJGuitarTabs' and we play things differently. (I don't know if you know who I'm on about)\
Anthony is the only other person on the internet who plays Geordie Walker, or so it seems. So I wanted some opinions on my interpretations\
\
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY6RB7TRwx0\
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH1YKNX8 ... re=related\
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsmH7PnE4V8&feature=fvw\
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8SuxXOp ... re=related\
etc.\
\
Any replies/comments/criticism would be greatly appreciated\
\
yours\
-Jack
JJAAHH

Re: Killing Joke Guitar Covers

Postby Sapromind » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:35 am

Anthony is also on this board, although lately he lurks rather rarely, I think.\
(Btw, you submitted this thread twice, I allowed myself to delete one.)
Sapromind

Postby JJAAHH » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:50 pm

WOW!\
i'm genuinely amazed that NO ONE at all CARES!\
someone said i posted it twice...that's it\
\
\:D\\
\:D\
JJAAHH

Postby Lennonka » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:57 am

Cheers, \
I listened to a few today - you sound good. I wonder how the guitar sounds without the background or with a drum pad in the background. \
Otherwise, I don't know what to say, I'm not a guitarist, rather a keyboard player... I wish we were in the same country - we could start a revival band \:)\ that would be nice.
∴ Too much laugh will kill you...
Lennonka
Site Admin

Postby cyrilgrey » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:04 pm

this was my first time seeing these-- honestly, i thought it was a joke at first. I watched the first and second videos and i thought you were just pretending to play along and it was meant to be funny. Then i realized "holy shit! it only seems that way because you are playing along perfectly!" THAT is fucking impressive. On tD&RS, you fall behind once or twice and that's how i was able to tell you were actually playing along. \
\
So, i guess that would be my sole criticism: turn the actual album down a few notches so we can hear your guitar better. You said you know Anthony? He's amazing too- the two of you should work together.\
\
i really admire your skills. Excellent job.
"you make a prison of my life, if you became another's wife. With all the prisons blown to dust, my enemies walk free- I'm mad about you"
cyrilgrey

Postby billynoband » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:33 am

Sounds good. I must admit I play most of these riffs to keep my fingers moving incase I ever need them again in a band.\
Have you seen the Unsung Guitar Heroes on Youtube that features Geordie. The guy plays various kj riffs in metal style. hilarious.
All the best gig's have no support band and finish early. Time for bed Flowrence said Dougal.
billynoband

Postby JJAAHH » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:49 pm

Thanks everyone, and yeah I saw the guy doing metal versions of geordie but I thought he was good...\
i know they were no where near as good as geordie... but at least he recognises him as a good guitarist a lot of people don't even know his name \:cry:\ \
\
thanks espcecially to cyrilgrey who seems to think i was too good if anything haha
JJAAHH

Postby billynoband » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:13 pm

These videos are really good. It is quiet hard to get them right as god knows how many guitar tracks geordie puts down in the studio. Sometimes copying what he does live sounds a bit naff at home with just the guitar as geordie only does the basics on stage sometimes as he only has one left hand. There is a lot of noise going on for him to keep up with live. The sg used to sound better live than the es does \:o\ .\
Geordie is brilliant no matter what.
All the best gig's have no support band and finish early. Time for bed Flowrence said Dougal.
billynoband

Return to KJ Tribute