Bands who have influenced KJ?

Forum about related bands, artworks, tributes, philosophy...

Bands who have influenced KJ?

Postby firedance » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:02 pm

Maybe some gatherers know better but this is not something they seem to readily admit to.\
\
I'm pretty sure for example that they were very aware of King Crimson's Red (1974), the title track in particular. Hell it could almost be Killing Joke. Great track.
Left my conscience way behind ... tumble tumble, here we goooooo!
firedance

Re: Bands who have influenced KJ?

Postby Mr.Punch » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:59 pm

I know that Jaz was introduced - by a girl he met,(who used to wear only black cloth - and that was far before Bauhaus ) to CAN in combination with Pot,which > sic.< totaly changed my view on popmusic, I went to exchange my violine for an ARP Syntheziser and was dressed up in black only since then...\
\
Youth was into Glam as far as I know..he liked G.Glitter very much as goes for T.Rex and hmm David Essex lol\
\
Geordie was heavily influenced by Zal Climenson of The Sensational Alex Harvey Band..and and the likes of Bowie (he told me in Berlin when a Bowie No. was played in the club we`ve been and I think some Roxy Music too etc..he went.."Ahh all that great stuff from my youth")\
\
Raven - I know from a chat way back when I saked him about Wolverhampton...ergo! He liked Slade .." I always liked Slade a lot, still do" (That was around 2003/4)\
\
and, I think I have to listen to Red by KG....don`t know that particular track...
Mr.Punch

Postby firedance » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:05 pm

Thanks for the info.\
\
Here is Red for anyone who is interested: \
\
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P58v0mRUWJo&feature=related\
\
I have seen KC described as "prog rock for serial killers" and "heavy metal as imagined by a Harvard maths professor" \:)\ \
\
Great band but if investigating them, be warned, they are as guilty as any prog band of self indulgence and 20 minute "songs" too.
Left my conscience way behind ... tumble tumble, here we goooooo!
firedance

Postby Mr.Punch » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:53 pm

Good Lord! Thanks for the warning mate. But I had to finish after 1.23 mins and could`nt make out any connex to KJ \
Prog`s never been mine. Tho The Fripp played some absolutely outstanding Solos on Eno`s Recs.
Mr.Punch

Return to KJ Tribute