Connection Killing Joke members and Bollock Brothers

Forum about related bands, artworks, tributes, philosophy...

Connection Killing Joke members and Bollock Brothers

Postby Michael » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:13 am

...the Bollock Brothers (or Patrick O'Donnel aka Jock McDonald in person). I don't know very much about the "4 be 2" project in the beginning of the 80s. Some bootleg-albums have been released (e.g."The Lydons and The O'donnels Family Album", this consists of 4 be 2-recordings)...what info do you have about these years? Youth was involved (we know), Geordie was involved (I guess), Jock was involved (he hates to talk about it...)... and a lot of stuff from wikipedia. Anything more? \:|\
Life is too short to be taken seriously. (Oscar Wilde)\
Life is too short to share it on facebook. (Michael)
Michael

Re: Connection Killing Joke members and Bollock Brothers

Postby Mr.Punch » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:40 pm

As far as I know, Youth played on the first 4 be 2 single....the vers. on the Lydons etc. Family album is a re-recorded vers of it, without Youth. Geordie as well did not appear on this album. Compere to John Lydon was Jock using his and others names for buissiness/cash reasons...and there`s a kinda myth around the Basing Street Recording Studios in London...PIL recorded there, as KJ did their first recordings there..I think Joy Division too..and right or wrong, the family Album was recorded there too, so....\
\
more: http://www.fodderstompf.com/DISCOGRAPHY ... lmisc.html\
\
\
PS: I have the album...and after all these years,I think I can tell when Geordie is playing on obscure recordings,and there´s no title on the album where it could be him...except one thinks that the Echoing Guitar on one track,that sounds a bit like Turn to red stuff..is Geordie...which I doubt, cos any Guitarst can do this.
Mr.Punch

Postby Michael » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:19 pm

Thanks for the infos, Punch! Are you sure that it's a rerecorded version of The lads on the Family Album? The version Youth plays on his podcasts is the same as on The Family Album, isn't it? Can anyone help with the 4 be 2?\
Jock is a very nice guy, but he always has some problems with telling truths... \:roll:\
Life is too short to be taken seriously. (Oscar Wilde)\
Life is too short to share it on facebook. (Michael)
Michael

Postby Jaggedone » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:49 pm

Never cease to be amazed at the info some of you guys have stashed away, most interesting stuff. I always think of Mr Peel when reading some of it, he knew everything and more. I can't even remember some of the obscure bands he introduced on his superb shows (shame about his Top of The Pop appearances though!). \8-)\ JO
Jaggedone

Return to KJ Tribute