A song for the memory of Raven

Forum about related bands, artworks, tributes, philosophy...

Re: A song for the memory of Raven

Postby Miche » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:24 pm

Thanks for the feedback!
Miche

Postby Ms. Frenzy » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:50 pm

Hello Everyone,\
I think a song dedicated to Raven is a great idea. In comparing the two bass players, they are both god-like to me. Seeing the original line-up is a dream come true. I am also a fan of Martin Atkins. What he did in the Damage Manual was incredible. I am a Damage Addict! I am envious of anyone seeing the Chicago show. I was a former resident (12 years) and would be nice to see some sort of reunion. Maybe Chris Connelly as well? I shouldn't feel that bad, I am seeing KJ in London and both nights in NY! Can't wait!!!!!
Ms. Frenzy

Postby Miche » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:48 am

Lucky you for seeing the 2 London nights!\
Be with me in spirit!\
I'll be sure to give a full report!
Miche

Postby cyrilgrey » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:00 am

Ms. Frenzy wrote:Hello Everyone,\
I think a song dedicated to Raven is a great idea. In comparing the two bass players, they are both god-like to me. Seeing the original line-up is a dream come true. I am also a fan of Martin Atkins. What he did in the Damage Manual was incredible. I am a Damage Addict! I am envious of anyone seeing the Chicago show. I was a former resident (12 years) and would be nice to see some sort of reunion. Maybe Chris Connelly as well? I shouldn't feel that bad, I am seeing KJ in London and both nights in NY! Can't wait!!!!!
\
\
\
Cool, I'll see you in New York! Maybe we can say "hi" (even though I don't like Martin A;)
"you make a prison of my life, if you became another's wife. With all the prisons blown to dust, my enemies walk free- I'm mad about you"
cyrilgrey

Postby anthony » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:46 am

I find the idea about the tribute song to Paul Raven is great, and also a tribute compilation with some songs written especially would be great too...\
Well yesterday back from paris -with KJ sound still in my head- i read this topic, took my guitar and wrote a piece of music... I just think the result sounds really too close to some KJ stuffs, it would be considered as a "plagiat" if it would be released (it would never be that's sure)... The track finally sounds like a mix of THIS TRIBAL ANTIDOTE, BLACK MOON, and MINOG or EIGHTIES for the drums part...\
Just after finding the different riffs and bass/drums idea i sent a message to Vincent (Paul's son i met saturday after the gig in Paris) who plays the bass too, to ask him if he would be ok for adding his own bass lines on the track, i'm waiting for his answer...\
And regarding how many KJ fans/gatherers who are musicians i'm sure we could do a full compilation... R.I.P. Paul...
anthony

Postby anthony » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:22 am

Well the idea doesn't seem to suit Vincent Feit, i just hope i didn't offense him... If it's the case well Vincent Feit i apologise... "impulsive or instincive" ideas are not the best ones, i will record this song in my own, just waiting for a friend to lend me his bass to record the whole track...\
But i must admit i'm a real crap writing some lyrics, always find it ridiculous when written, so i know some of you are excellent writting some, so if we could write this track in collaboration with someone here it could be great... i can sing it, that's no matter, but let's the talented people bring their lyrics...\
And if the idea is crap well let's forget it... \:roll:\
anthony

Postby Mr.Punch » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:45 pm

Get me the tune , when it`s finished..and maybe a slight of your idea about the lyrics...if ya like...and I would like to contribute some of my elaborations coming from outtaspace ...if you have no idea..then OK...then I let the spirits do the work!
Mr.Punch

Postby anthony » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:40 am

Ok, cool Mr Punch, as soon as recorded i'll send you the whole stuff... \;)\
anthony

Postby Lennonka » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:15 pm

@Anthony: I would love to hear your work, too! \
Well, I understand that Vincent doesn't want to be involved but with all my respect to him and Raven's work, I think that making an album for the memory of Raven by his fans - musicians - is a very nice idea. We just can't count on "help", we're on our own.\
The internet gives us a great opportunity to exchange our works, at least, if not to publish them on-line.\
\
I've written two pieces of lyrics to Raven. I don't consider them to be my best work but they are on the topic : ) The quality should be evaluated rather by others than myself, though.\
\
Interested?
∴ Too much laugh will kill you...
Lennonka
Site Admin

Postby scotty 2 tees » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:23 pm

the link to hear Raven is http://www.myspace.com/scottdthompsonmusic please feel free to leave a comment,always appreciated.
scotty 2 tees

PreviousNext

Return to KJ Tribute