Exorcism - full length version ?

General forum about the band

Exorcism - full length version ?

Postby tricky1963 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:28 pm

After 14 years it has just dawned on me that I have never heard the "full" version of Exorcism.\
The "Live In The Kings Chamber" version on that EP was subtitled "Edit" and is 5:26 long on the singles triple-cd. It seems the same as the album version\
\
Does anyone know if there is a "non-edit" version of this ? ie a longer version\
\
(I know about all the other versions, as I have the 10" EP but have never seen a longer version of the "Live In The Kings Chamber" version)\
\
Cheers
tricky1963

Re: Exorcism - full length version ?

Postby LSDMOFRO » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:55 pm

The full version is on the Pandemonium release coming in at over seven minutes.\
\
Exorcism 7:27 \
\
\
All other versions are the same, whether on the 10 inch, the 12 inch promo, or the CD Maxi Single.\
I own all copies.\
\
Happy Killing Joke Compare and Release Viewing! I've mindf---d\
myself on all the variances of releases with "pandy" and "democracy" during the time period\
as well and of course, discogs helped me sort it all out; here is your reference. \
\
http://www.discogs.com/Killing-Joke-Exo ... ster/17563
LSDMOFRO

Postby LSDMOFRO » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:16 pm

So to reiterate. The "kings tomb" full version is the 7.27min. off the LP release on Pandemonium. They didnt label it yet. The others on the 10 inch...12 inch, cd maxi single are just the edit. Not that any radio stations would play that song, but the idea of shorten versions are for potential radio airplay. There's just less phlegm. ..bubbling. ..rising to the surface. ..and hacking lougies on the edit version. U can still expell the demons with all versions!
LSDMOFRO

Postby tricky1963 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:34 pm

I feel such a fool now, as of course I have the album, but didn't notice the length of the version on there ! (Or notice that it was 2 minutes longer than the 10" that I have)\
\
Doh !!\
\
Thanks for making it clear though, appreciate it.\
\
\:)\
tricky1963

Postby LSDMOFRO » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:26 am

U aren't the fool... it's the ambiguity of killing joke. I bought the 10inch and 12inch thinking I was getting different versions too! Then...I listened and went...ohhhhhhhhh! that's my only explaination why I own the promo 12inch and the 10 inch and the damn CD version! Ha! \:lol:\
LSDMOFRO

Postby Sapromind » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:47 pm

LSDMOFRO wrote:U can still expell the demons with all versions!
\
Ok, this made me laugh \8-)\
Sapromind

Postby Amalgam » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:00 pm

Did anyone of you ever hear the version of Exorcism from the 1994 Mark Radcliffe session? It would make you laugh too. \
Possibly the worst ever rendition ever, probably because Jaz was under the influence of something very non-supernatural.\
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc2tpvx_OCY\
(Too mucha ganja can lead to a severe phlegm o.d., sir)
Amalgam

Return to The Killing Joke