Killing Joke, Post-Punk and Fascism

General forum about the band

Killing Joke, Post-Punk and Fascism

Postby Werewolf32 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:38 am

Killing Joke are quoted extensively in this blog article. I wonder how much of that was actually said by KJ, and how much was made up by journalists?

http://theeuroman.blogspot.co.uk/2012/1 ... first.html
Last edited by Werewolf32 on Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Werewolf32

Re: Killing Joke, Post-Punk and Fascism

Postby Mr.Punch » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:11 pm

1.They are a Band. They were on Drugs. And last but not least they origin from a "Democratic" Country... \:D\ \
\
I`d like to see a Blog that deals with The US/UK Goverment and Fascism since 1933..or even earlier...oops (Do I name Prescot Bush? ) \:o\
Mr.Punch

Postby Werewolf32 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:04 pm

Mr.Punch wrote:1.They are a Band. They were on Drugs. And last but not least they origin from a "Democratic" Country... \:D\ \
\
I`d like to see a Blog that deals with The US/UK Goverment and Fascism since 1933..or even earlier...oops (Do I name Prescot Bush? ) \:o\
\
\
Good points Mr Punch. Recently it was revealed in the UK media that the Bank of England helped sell gold for the Nazis before the war, and what about Prime Ministers Tony Blair and David Cameron supporting US bombing of Iraqi and Afghan civilians?!
Werewolf32

Postby Mr.Punch » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:07 pm

Believe me, evry fucking Goverment back then knew "exactly" what was going on in Germany even or especially before the war! You can see it nowadays again..the secret service`debacles and how they try to tell us it is not that bad as some journas are trying to tell us etc etc...they knew exactly what was going on! Why has nobody intervened?\
\
Well there`s the main question that explains anything to this day! And should be first on mind! : For whom is it of use? \;)\
Mr.Punch

Postby LSDMOFRO » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:20 pm

Well... when unemployement rises...so does nationalism and facism. We see that here in the US. Especially the dumb ass nationalist who vote against their own interests...it's amazing... \
\
With that said... and I say EVERYONE here should watch EVERY documentary by these guys at VICE. They will blow you away and really capture what is going on in the world. They have some funny episodes...the political and cultural ones are just some of the best reporting I have EVER seen. And if you want to see facism on the rise\
as we speak. PLEASE WATCH this episode of vice. Wow!!!!! Does the "democractic" media let us know some serious shit is happening more than ever in the world?\
Of course fucking NOT! Hocus pocus baby! Slight of hand... keep your mind on cheeseboigers! The magnificnent 7! It can't get better, only worse! And I think this shit will spread. And you know what...I like the anarchists POV in this doc.. It explains alot. And they seem very smart and realistic. And it seems they are fighting the fight NO ONE gives a fuck about? Is anyone from Greece on the forum? Speak up and let us know what you think! Peace out: \
\
http://www.vice.com/vice-news/teenage-r ... ull-length
LSDMOFRO

Postby Amalgam » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:06 pm

Oh well, I was just stumbling over this thread. My two pence worth? I think every country gets the democracy it deserves. The less effort people make to think for themselves, the more their gouvernment will take advantage of them. \
I also believe that democracy is not a right, but merely a concept that may or may not be effective, depending on the country. Also, despite the freedom people may have in western countries, they still are restricted by the need for capital, career and conformity. Freedom is relative. I wouldn't want to live in a country like North Korea, but neither will I rule out that people over there can be happy the way they live. I'm sure there must be a certain degree of arrogance in the idea that democracy is the best state model. If people feel they're being looked after by their leaders, does it matter what defines the gouvernment? I'm aware that this may sound a bit sarcastic though.
Amalgam

Return to The Killing Joke