Ghost or Ghosts?

General forum about the band

Re: Ghost or Ghosts?

Postby cyrilgrey » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:29 pm

Sapromind wrote:I think I finally learned to accept the plural name. Jaz's note helped a bit.
\
\
\
I'm sticking with the singular since the subject of the song seems to be the location of Ladbroke Grove and how it has become corrupted over time, so the memory of the old Ladbroke Grove would be a singular memory or Ghost. I know Jaz wrote that list, but I've seen setlists where it reads Ghost, and I imagine he wrote those too.\
\
unless... he does seem to sing about the people in LG and how they have become seemingly empty vessles, so maybe it is Ghosts... i guess because I got the ep first so I came to know it as Ghost of LG, just as I came to know Savage Freedom as This Savage Freedom from an early tracklist given in NME or MM.
"you make a prison of my life, if you became another's wife. With all the prisons blown to dust, my enemies walk free- I'm mad about you"
cyrilgrey

Postby Sapromind » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:50 am

cyrilgrey wrote:personally, i think that order is terrible. Depthcharge is one of the last songs I'd have as the closing track.
\
I just wanted to go a little offtopic here and say that I'm starting to get into this track. True, it's a bad one for a closer, but I'm finally starting to notice some really awesome things about it. Apart from the sinister guitar in the verses and the powerful chorus, I love the ending:\
\
No.. more.. beautiful, no.. more.. terrible\
No.. more.. beautiful, no.. more.. terrible\
NO MOOORRRE\
\
The song has many 'tricks', the things that Hosannas album missed, which made it so dull. I smell Youth's influence here. He made Depthcharge (and every other song on AD, actually) exciting when it comes to arranging.
Sapromind

Postby firedance » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:42 am

Wait a minute, re ghost/ghosts, surely the actual lyrics on the CD sleeve will tell us whether or not he is saying singular or plural?
Left my conscience way behind ... tumble tumble, here we goooooo!
firedance

Postby cyrilgrey » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:17 pm

firedance wrote:Wait a minute, re ghost/ghosts, surely the actual lyrics on the CD sleeve will tell us whether or not he is saying singular or plural?
\
\
\
the lyrics are written Ghosts. So are the setlists, which are typed out, not handwritten. Going by the album/lyrics i have doubts because it is Spinefarm, so who knows. I mean the ep said Ghost, album says Ghosts. single says Superstate, album says Super State, so obviously there is not much effort there, but the setlist is done by the band and then Jaz's printed tracklist seals the deal: it is Ghosts of Ladbroke Grove... or is it Ladbroke Grave? \;)\
"you make a prison of my life, if you became another's wife. With all the prisons blown to dust, my enemies walk free- I'm mad about you"
cyrilgrey

Postby jonnie » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:50 pm

follow the leader or follow the leaders ?\
\
changed from original title to single.
Do NOT use Insure and Go for your Holiday Insurance.They are total wank.
jonnie

Postby cyrilgrey » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:02 pm

Kings and Queens (Knaves Mix) or ...
cyrilgrey

Postby Sapromind » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:09 pm

Twilight of the Mortal or Twilight of the Mortals? \:(\
Sapromind

Postby cyrilgrey » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:06 am

Democracy (Hallucinogen Mix) {Sleeve} - Mass (Hallucinogen Mix) {CD} - Four Stations of the Sun (Hallucinogen Mix) {Actual Song}???
cyrilgrey

Postby Sapromind » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:10 am

Yeah, and the worst thing is Jaz doesn't give a damn - "it's all about the music, who cares about single letters", while I need my damn tags fixed! ;P\
Also, how can we make a KJ altar if we're not sure how to carve the song titles. It is important. And I am drunk \:(\
Sapromind

Postby firedance » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:49 pm

"You'll never get to me" or "Pile of complete shit"\
\
Hard to tell sometimes.
Left my conscience way behind ... tumble tumble, here we goooooo!
firedance

PreviousNext

Return to The Killing Joke