General Anouncement!!!!!

General forum about the band

Re: General Anouncement!!!!!

Postby NOF » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:21 pm

Sapromind wrote:\
Or removed. When you're a moderator on a messageboard and you see a thread that has no point and is meant to be ignored, you remove it.\
And for you it was easy to ignore, maybe for others it wouldn't be.
\
\
No, you remove the thread when people post racist,sexist etc views that have no place on a KJ messageboard. The Cyril the Squirrel (what a daft name for a thread. How is it meant to be offensive?) thread could simply have been moved to the off topic section, where it could be ignored.\
\
How exactly did it display "a provocation for further arguing"?
'I'm not a jukebox'\
\
Al Jourgensen
User avatar
NOF
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:40 pm
Location: Belfast, Norn Iron

Re: General Anouncement!!!!!

Postby Sapromind » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:31 pm

Oh dear. Once again I'm asked about personal stuff, and then you'd probably tell I'm accusing you in public... Please PM me if you have anything more to add/ask.\
NOF wrote:The Cyril the Squirrel (what a daft name for a thread. How is it meant to be offensive?) thread could simply have been moved to the off topic section, where it could be ignored.
\
Not really. Every board has its capacity and if you're aware of it you're not making doubleposts, doublethreads or threads that are meant to be ignored.
User avatar
Sapromind
 
Posts: 695
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:53 pm
Location: Danzig, Poland

Re: General Anouncement!!!!!

Postby NOF » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:35 pm

Sapromind wrote:Oh dear. Once again I'm asked about personal stuff, and then you'd probably tell I'm accusing you in public... Please PM me if you have anything more to add/ask.
\
\
How am I asking you about personal stuff? It was posted on a public forum. That thread had one line and it was something along the lines of "Where are you?" Hardly offensive stuff.\
\
This is getting boring, but as no one can give me an answer:\
\
For fuck's sake, it's a messageboard. How old are all of you?\
\
If it's racist etc, then by all means delete it. Otherwise ignore it or have a decent comeback.
'I'm not a jukebox'\
\
Al Jourgensen
User avatar
NOF
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:40 pm
Location: Belfast, Norn Iron

Re: General Anouncement!!!!!

Postby NOF » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:38 pm

Sapromind wrote:\
Not really. Every board has its capacity and if you're aware of it you're not making doubleposts, doublethreads or threads that are meant to be ignored.
\
\
Delete the 2 year old threads in the news section.
'I'm not a jukebox'\
\
Al Jourgensen
User avatar
NOF
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:40 pm
Location: Belfast, Norn Iron

Re: General Anouncement!!!!!

Postby Sapromind » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:38 pm

Your question wasn't personal, but my answer would be, that was my point.\
NOF wrote:Delete the 2 year old threads in the news section.
\
I'd rather have an archive of news than a massive off topic section. Just my point of view, though.
User avatar
Sapromind
 
Posts: 695
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:53 pm
Location: Danzig, Poland

Re: General Anouncement!!!!!

Postby markesmith » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:23 pm

Just for the record. \
\
I created a thread called Cyril the squirrel. I then wrote underneath it "where are you"? In my own stupid way goading him to come out and have a sparring match online. What followed is a fucking joke, I was genuinely worried I had posted something offensive!\
\
Punch came back with his big outburst, which has now been edited. There was a line in there saying, "what's next, the Jews?" Now that is offensive, very offensive and has nothing at all to do with anything! He knows he has fucked up because he has had to edit the rant.\
\
I know Cyril lives in the US, New York I think. I live in fucking Ruislip in West London, it's a bit of a jaunt to NYC even though I do live close to Heathrow just to discuss our differences.\
I have no intention of visiting Cyril, no intention of attacking Cyril, no intention of fuck all. \
\
I seriously thought I had suffered some kind of blackout because, due to the reaction of my outrageous thread, I thought I had racially abused someone. The confusion, on my part, came from the fact that I would never even dream about racially abusing anyone. I have been worried since last night that I had created the post to end all posts, that I had become the Anti Christ (I am not religious so I use this as a figure of speech). That I had abused someone purely on the grounds of race, religion, sexuality or gender.\
\
In case I cause further offence to anyone I am leaving this site. \
\
Moderators, administrators etc, you seriously need to get a fucking grip. \
\
über und heraus.
User avatar
markesmith
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:26 pm

Re: General Anouncement!!!!!

Postby NOF » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:26 pm

markesmith wrote:Just for the record. \
\
I created a thread called Cyril the squirrel. I then wrote underneath it "where are you"? In my own stupid way goading him to come out and have a sparring match online. What followed is a fucking joke, I was genuinely worried I had posted something offensive!\
\
Punch came back with his big outburst, which has now been edited. There was a line in there saying, "what's next, the Jews?" Now that is offensive, very offensive and has nothing at all to do with anything! He knows he has fucked up because he has had to edit the rant.\
\
I know Cyril lives in the US, New York I think. I live in fucking Ruislip in West London, it's a bit of a jaunt to NYC even though I do live close to Heathrow just to discuss our differences.\
I have no intention of visiting Cyril, no intention of attacking Cyril, no intention of fuck all. \
\
I seriously thought I had suffered some kind of blackout because, due to the reaction of my outrageous thread, I thought I had racially abused someone. The confusion, on my part, came from the fact that I would never even dream about racially abusing anyone. I have been worried since last night that I had created the post to end all posts, that I had become the Anti Christ (I am not religious so I use this as a figure of speech). That I had abused someone purely on the grounds of race, religion, sexuality or gender.\
\
In case I cause further offence to anyone I am leaving this site. \
\
Moderators, administrators etc, you seriously need to get a fucking grip. \
\
über und heraus.
\
\
Don't leave lad. It was a load of balls. Sapromind and Punch know it was. \
\
It was a stupid thread, but the mods have blown it out of proportion.
'I'm not a jukebox'\
\
Al Jourgensen
User avatar
NOF
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:40 pm
Location: Belfast, Norn Iron

Re: General Anouncement!!!!!

Postby keeef » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:30 pm

which is the point i have been trying to make all day, thanks NOF, way O.T.T.
keeef
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:16 am

Re: General Anouncement!!!!!

Postby jonnie » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:44 pm

This is better than Eastenders......... \:lol:\
Do NOT use Insure and Go for your Holiday Insurance.They are total wank.
User avatar
jonnie
 
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:36 pm
Location: Nottinghamshire

Re: General Anouncement!!!!!

Postby NOF » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:16 pm

Punch has been very quiet. Maybe he'd like to take the time to explain why he felt the need to make a song and dance out of nothing.
'I'm not a jukebox'\
\
Al Jourgensen
User avatar
NOF
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:40 pm
Location: Belfast, Norn Iron

PreviousNext

Return to The Killing Joke

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron