Interviews

General forum about the band

Interviews

Postby Fancyjoke » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:42 pm

As I didn't see it on the mainboard yet: here's Interviews,the KJ-words.\
\
Stumbled across this find :http://www.archive.org/details/KillingJokeInterview\
I went into Archive.org several times,lovely catalog,loads of (still) undiscovered artists and all,but KJ in there??
The Great Cull is coming down!\
\
http://www.youtube.com/user/VOIDMK20
Fancyjoke

Re: Interviews

Postby jonnie » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:00 pm

Thanks for finding that - shame there was no date/place title with it.
Do NOT use Insure and Go for your Holiday Insurance.They are total wank.
jonnie

Postby Lennonka » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:47 am

Another video of interview with Jaz: http://exploremusic.com/video/interview ... ling-joke/
∴ Too much laugh will kill you...
Lennonka
Site Admin

Postby Sapromind » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:09 pm

Poor guy didn't know who he was interviewing, when he asked Jaz about his favourite KJ cover.
Sapromind

Postby cyrilgrey » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:20 pm

didn't know where to post this. Saw it on the Paul Raven Blog:\
\
"still trying to finish off the remaining tracks of the absolute dissent sessions, particularly a track called "This is War", difficult pinning Jaz and Geordie down and were discussing plans for a new KJ album starting early Feb,possibly with a more Tribal orientation( I recently saw Femi Kuti in concert and the combination of Magic, politics and sex was intoxicating and reminded me, in a weird way of KJ)" - Youth\
\
sounds promising-- highly unlikely, but promising
"you make a prison of my life, if you became another's wife. With all the prisons blown to dust, my enemies walk free- I'm mad about you"
cyrilgrey

Postby Sapromind » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:08 pm

Early February... In the interview Lenny posted above Jaz says it would be summer of 2011. I'd expect the new album around 2013 \:o\
Sapromind

Postby Amalgam » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:22 am

jonnie wrote:Thanks for finding that - shame there was no date/place title with it.
\
\
The interview was conducted by a Frenchman. Jaz speaks of 27 years since they began, of a new young drummer (Ben Calvert) and of his love for Prague. Very 2006. Hence it must have been recorded in April 2006. My bet would be in Lyon before the band would play at the Trans-Club on the 24th. That evening they played 3 new songs of the Hosannas album.\
I'm also under the impression that this tape recording runs a bit too fast. Btw, It's funny to hear Jaz announces the KJ documentary will be finished the next year (meaning in 2007).
Amalgam

Postby jonnie » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:06 pm

Amalgam wrote:
jonnie wrote:Thanks for finding that - shame there was no date/place title with it.
\
\
The interview was conducted by a Frenchman. Jaz speaks of 27 years since they began, of a new young drummer (Ben Calvert) and of his love for Prague. Very 2006. Hence it must have been recorded in April 2006. My bet would be in Lyon before the band would play at the Trans-Club on the 24th. That evening they played 3 new songs of the Hosannas album.\
I'm also under the impression that this tape recording runs a bit too fast. Btw, It's funny to hear Jaz announces the KJ documentary will be finished the next year (meaning in 2007).
\
\
\
If the interviewer was french then i'm a chinaman. if he mentions a new drummer it's more likely to be 2005,and if he says they've been going 27 years that'll be 2005 aswell then won't it?
jonnie

Postby Amalgam » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:39 am

jonnie wrote:if he mentions a new drummer it's more likely to be 2005, and if he says they've been going 27 years that'll be 2005 aswell then won't it?
\
\
You may be right about the interviewer not being French. On closer hearing I think the interviewer is more likely from Switzerland. The way he pronounces the Beethoven piece "Freude Schöner Götterfunken" is unmistakably Swiss. \
Apart from this Jaz says that his near future plans are finishing the new (Hosannas) album. So yes, it could well be a date in 2005. And the line-up that evening included Raven, who wasn't at the 2006 shows. But did they play in Switzerland in 2005?\
\
Funny thing also is that Jaz suggests the band formed in 1978, although it is generally assumed it should be 1979. Otherwise the 2008 shows should not have been a celebration in terms of the reunion, but also in terms of a 30th anniversary.
Amalgam

Postby jonnie » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:50 pm

i thought he sounded Japanese ! they were probably based in Switzerland for a short while in 2005 ( geneva ) . i think Jaz and Paul met in 1978,but i'm pretty sure Killing Joke lifted off in '79.
jonnie

Next

Return to The Killing Joke