Whats your favourite song of all time

General forum about the band

Re: Whats your favourite song of all time

Postby Lord Mureth » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:11 pm

If I had to chose just one: \
\
AEON. Firstly, cos it's nice and long song you get VFM \:lol:\ and secondly, cos Geordie's riff is perhaps the best thing he's ever done. And that's saying a lot.\
\
Close runners up:\
\
Intravenous, Inside the Termite Mount, Twilight of the Mortal, Rubicon, Age of Greed, The Great Cull, Here Comes the Singularity, The Raven King.
Lord Mureth

Postby shooty » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:47 pm

Money is not our god- after btats and otg it was just such a relief to put the record on and hear that
shooty

Postby zomboid81 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:30 pm

bit of a new fan so really i'm just learning some of their immense backlog but the songs that really stand out for me would be :\
\
off absolute dissent: 'the great cull' - when i first put the album on, it was the song that made me instantly think 'i have to hear this live!!'\
\
killing joke '03 - the house that pain built\
hosannas - this tribal antidote\
bbc live ('85 is it?) - pssyche\
hammersmith oct '10 - madness
zomboid81

Postby Mr.Punch » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:46 pm

Check out the Vers.of Pssyche on "HA"...it`s the "one" live interpretation,..it`s so close to the original...I `m sure anyone on here will agree..\
btw: I herad this version before I used to own the Wardance Single....that was around 1982 or so...but I`m still preferring the "HA" Version mostly...It`s jus Rough n Ready!
Mr.Punch

Postby Amalgam » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:34 am

Mr.Punch wrote:Check out the Vers.of Pssyche on "HA"...it`s the "one" live interpretation,..it`s so close to the original...I `m sure anyone on here will agree..\
btw: I herad this version before I used to own the Wardance Single....that was around 1982 or so...but I`m still preferring the "HA" Version mostly...It`s jus Rough n Ready!
\
\
I fully agree with you. The version on "HA!" is even better (faster & more intense) than the studio one.
Amalgam

Postby killjoker » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:30 pm

A hard pick, but think I name Mathematics Of Caos.
" The liars are out, they have all the assets, crawling for oil, they were bleeding for gold "
killjoker

Postby Amalgam » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:30 pm

\:shock:\ Among everything else they've done? I'm stunned!\
In my perception it's like a 50%KJ song, with the other half being Youth's rave/dance/techno production.\
If a Pandemonium song would be chosen as one that has his mark all over it, it would be precisely that one.
Amalgam

Postby Fonz » Fri May 11, 2012 2:46 pm

Fall of Because (live)\
Europe\
Twilight of the Mortal\
Exile\
The Raven King\
\
Any of those are right up there. There's obviously loads more great stuff but the above are my absolute faves. \
\
But. Probably my desert island tune would be 'Yo Mama' by Frank Zappa. Much as I like KJ I like plenty of other stuff too. Europe was prolly my fave track when my Joke obsession peaked in the eighties. \
FWIW I think Joke are/have reached another peak. The last two albums have been incredible.
Fonz

Postby Amalgam » Sat May 12, 2012 8:36 am

Yeah, I like Exile a lot too. I always found it funny how the beginning of Goodbye to the Village sounds almost exactly the same, but apart from that they never did a song like Exile again.
Amalgam

Postby bones » Tue May 29, 2012 3:49 am

There are some really interesting (and diverse) choices here but I must be the only one who thinks Fire Dances and Nighttime are Killing Joke at their peak. If someone put a gun to my head and forced me to name just one, I'd probably choose Darkness Before Dawn, with honourable mentions to Let's All Go, Requiem and Eighties. As you can probably tell, I am torn between the slower, churning stuff and the flat-out post-punk material.
BONES
bones

PreviousNext

Return to The Killing Joke