Favourite KJ bassist

General forum about the band

Re: Favourite KJ bassist

Postby tricky1963 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:56 am

this is a tricky one

when Raven first joined I don't think he was that good a bassist tbh (listen to his playing on Ha !)

but as time went on I think he became a better "live" bassist than Youth, and seemed to have a clearer sound on stage

Youth doesn't seem to play live as well as he used to, and doesn't sound as good on stage as Raven

But at the end of the day, Raven isn't here any more so I would have to vote for him over the current version of Youth.
tricky1963

Postby Amalgam » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:17 pm

I think I'd vote for Taif Ball, the only Killing Joke bassist who never appeared on any album with lesser moments. As a result, one can't fault him. Now how great is that? A faultless KJ bassist! He also was the +2 guy: He could play the bass parts of songs which featured either Youth or Raven, which technically requires more insight than Raven or Youth playing their own parts and a few of "the other guy". Therefore, both in terms of studio and live, the winner is Taif!
Amalgam

Postby Bluce_Ree » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:37 pm

Mr.Punch wrote:I read in several Interviews that on 2003 it`s except for about two or three songs Geordie on Bass.

makes sense. It sounds like a Geordie bassline (based on his demo work).
Bluce_Ree

Previous

Return to The Killing Joke