This Board`s dead as a Dodo !

Announcements, admin's and moderators' information, rules and forum-related topics

This Board`s dead as a Dodo !

Postby Mr.Punch » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:27 pm

Proof me wrong!\
\
Shall we keep it going with postings every 5th day by a single person if ever? Or are we bowing over for a FaceFoock???\
\
Tell you wot, it`s getting so boring on here, I am about to leave... \:?\ \
\
Dodge the bullets or carry the gun.\
The choice is yours.
Mr.Punch

Re: This Board`s dead as a Dodo !

Postby Sapromind » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:37 pm

Chill, the board is quiet everytime there's not much going on in the KJ camp. Once the release of the album or the tour dates get closer, everyone will start posting again. It happened before, it'll happen again.\
Facebook is not an option. It's not a place for discussion, as there's too much mess and only the most current posts are active - it's neither an archive of news nor a place for loose discussion or whatever. Its only value is that it has lot of users which is a fault at the same time since you don't know anyone and no one cares about your post.
Sapromind

Postby Appocalypsa » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:12 am

Hi,\
I think the problem is this website is just abandoned in the web space, not connected to any domain as it used to be with the messageboards before. Not many people know about this, there is almost 0 probability that someone who is not connected to the old gathering crew or the common users will find it and join. I have always thought it is the best when a main website has its own messageboard so then every fan can easily find it and participate in a discussion and therefore make it alive and interesting for everyone else.\
\
So my idea is to ask the main website (www.killingjoke.com) administrators to involve this forum under the website, so anyone can reach it easily and the forum comes alive. What do you think? Shall I ask?\
\
Edita
"Nothing remains" - A.Camus\
Appocalypsa

Postby Michael » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:46 am

I think this is a good idea, Appo.
Life is too short to be taken seriously. (Oscar Wilde)\
Life is too short to share it on facebook. (Michael)
Michael

Postby Mr.Punch » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:23 pm

Yes! Good idea Appo!
Mr.Punch

Postby Lennonka » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:47 pm

I agree, Appo, that's a great idea!
∴ Too much laugh will kill you...
Lennonka
Site Admin

Postby Sapromind » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:53 am

When it comes to "finding" this forum, it's not all that tragic: when you google "killing joke forum", this website is the first link it finds. So don't be that pessimistic with the forum being "abandoned in the web space" - it's just... in these days not so many people are interested in any forums at all, since they believe Facebook is a sufficient substitute for a place for discussion, which is not, btw.\
\
I still support the idea of asking kj.com, though.
Sapromind

Postby Appocalypsa » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:23 pm

As you say, facebook is not a substitute for a forum. You can not have discussion there on various topics sorted so clearly as on a forum like here. The point is, when the forum is on the main website, people just click on it because they are curious. Just because it is there, an instant source of communication on a topic you like to share, killing joke. But i dont think no one will put in a google: killing joke forum. No one. So i am going to ask.
"Nothing remains" - A.Camus\
Appocalypsa

Postby PsychoMan » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:00 pm

Appocalypsa wrote:But i dont think no one will put in a google: killing joke forum. No one. So i am going to ask.
\
\
That's exactly how I found the forum... \:(\ \
\
Greetings,\
The nerd \:lol:\ \
\
btw.\
I also think it's a good idea to ask the official KJ site. Facebook... I don't like it.
Holy is the laughter that overcomes all your fears.
PsychoMan

Postby LSDMOFRO » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:37 am

Man...I can't even believe the discussion. I simply love it here because it is obscure and esoteric and then the bonus-- no bitching at my drunken rants...\
pretty much like Killing Joke: It's a side bar discussion circus show where enigmas and truth lie as bed buddies.\
Ah...if you are looking for updates on when a release is or show or simply, you want to jack yourself off, then facialbook is surely \
your bet. If you want the collective kafka-esqe termite mound of encyclopedic information about something as mundane\
as "what's the best bridge by Geordie", then fuck, you come here and dig the song and dance. Your sorrows will be definitely be consoled here...\
your glory--appraised and forgotten. It's only as dead as the die-hard gatherer...and I see this place alive and fucking well!\
\
With that said, If Jaz offers all of us on the forum an exclusive ticket and accomodations to the end of the world party in some far off \
island in the south pacific, then maybe, just maybe, we'd move this cosmetic joker clown make-up palette to facialbook, because, poof, it doesn't matter,\
per calander, we all go down in the giant fissure like the fall of the house of Usher! So, I hope I'm having a pint with all of the, one and only, Killing Joke Forum!
LSDMOFRO

Next

Return to Board Information