This Board`s dead as a Dodo !

Announcements, admin's and moderators' information, rules and forum-related topics

Re: This Board`s dead as a Dodo !

Postby LSDMOFRO » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:15 am

Addendum:\
Basically, it's a freebie, this forum linked. The current Killing Joke site is already\
dreadfully abandoned (but can be argued, more active than past sites), never really updated, and most all Killing Joke affiliated sites\
later become non-entity websites. So, it's a gift, this forum, to their ineptness from something from that is alive. Administrators? \
Email them and see if there is an answer? Ha!\
But--a Gatherer WILL find this forum. It is that easy. \
I found it. If you are that dumb, then, good...I don't think you really get good discussion\
found in facebook type "comment" flash of the pan posts by a dumb ass that can find the forum...\
and that's what will happen, diluted flash of the pan postings. \
But I guess some people feel this gift, this freebie should be granted. I get that.\
The beautiful owner of the forum thinks it's a good idea. That's my buddy's \;)\ prerogative.\
But it will get diluted. And it will lose the underground grassroots feel.\
Call me egocentric, but I believe it will lose an underground gatherer community.
LSDMOFRO

Postby Michael » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:28 am

"but I believe it will lose an underground gatherer community." It will be still like that....hey, KJ's homepage is not Lady fuckin Gaga's!
Life is too short to be taken seriously. (Oscar Wilde)\
Life is too short to share it on facebook. (Michael)
Michael

Postby Appocalypsa » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:21 am

Well LSD,\
Michael has said it well by one sentence.\
My opinion is, that once someone is interested into Killing Joke, he is no dumb empty sheep but probably an interesting person who could be welcomed in here with opened arms and please current users by joining in into a discussion and bringing his own opinions and ideas. Most of all, I see no value in maintaining an 'undergound' forum. If you have a feeling this is something rare and special just because there are five people checking the posts, then this is some strange disillusion about what a discussion should look like. I don't think you have to be afraid of thousands idiots posting notes about themselves 'having a great day' as it goes on FB. \
\
Killing Joke connects all these wonderful people all around the world so why not to meet some more of them and offer a well working platform to share thoughts. I believe you won't have to name this forum boring or ordinary then, it can never get ordinary.\
The forum will stay as magical as it has been until now, because the band is and the people are. Bringing bit of life and swarm here might be blessing for some regular users who like to talk about various things without repeating themselves.
"Nothing remains" - A.Camus\
Appocalypsa

Postby LSDMOFRO » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:34 pm

Well, i'm open minded. I hope it works out. I guess part of my skepticism might be if things,\
like demos won't come around as much because, they shouldn't have in the 1st place. Or it's frowned upon.\
Or something unauthorized that many of us think is cool, might get policed. You would hope not.\
I suppose that's what I mean about that underground community. Will that aspect go by the wayside?
LSDMOFRO

Postby Sapromind » Sun May 06, 2012 5:16 pm

LSDMOFRO wrote:Man...I can't even believe the discussion. I simply love it here because it is obscure and esoteric and then the bonus-- no bitching at my drunken rants...\
pretty much like Killing Joke: It's a side bar discussion circus show where enigmas and truth lie as bed buddies.\
Ah...if you are looking for updates on when a release is or show or simply, you want to jack yourself off, then facialbook is surely \
your bet. If you want the collective kafka-esqe termite mound of encyclopedic information about something as mundane\
as "what's the best bridge by Geordie", then fuck, you come here and dig the song and dance. Your sorrows will be definitely be consoled here...\
your glory--appraised and forgotten. It's only as dead as the die-hard gatherer...and I see this place alive and fucking well!
\
These are the words of truth, my brother.
Sapromind

Postby Bulging Eyes » Fri May 11, 2012 8:57 pm

I find it difficult to disagree with LSDMOFRO we are a niche fanbase after all. However, as App suggested, if we were allowed to attach ourselves to the main website then that would be the most logical place to be and would probably attract the odd passing visitor/newbie.\
\
I can see Mr P's veiwpoint too but I can remember how I felt when Jester's Board disappeared. I hardly know anyone on this or Jester's board but the feeling of not being part of the KJ Collective Conciousness was uncomfortable for me. \
\
Unlike many I do not use "boards" to spout off so its good for me to interact with people who share a passion 'cause I sure as hell do not meet anyone in my world\
who are passionate about music.\
\
Anyway Long Live The Board where ever it may be.\
\
P.S. Although I have a very small house in New Zealand the garden can take a few tents so if there is a party at the end of the world........................ \:D\
Bulging Eyes

Postby LSDMOFRO » Thu May 24, 2012 7:32 pm

PsychoMan wrote:
Appocalypsa wrote:But i dont think no one will put in a google: killing joke forum. No one. So i am going to ask.
\
\
That's exactly how I found the forum... \:(\ \
\
Greetings,\
The nerd \:lol:\ \
\
btw.\
I also think it's a good idea to ask the official KJ site. Facebook... I don't like it.
\
\
\
How did it turn out, asking? I suspect, like I stated, you would not get a response at all from whomever updates their facebook page or from the administrators on the official KJ site?\
I only say this because it wouldn't be the first time at all when one of us attempts to contact, even for website administrative issues, they don't seem to respond?
LSDMOFRO

Postby LSDMOFRO » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:46 pm

I assume someone, either L........ or A ..........tried to contact them regarding the link...and just as I expected,\
no one at KJ HQ, or the Disappointment (fullfillment) company ever responded...becasue, they don't exist!\
There is no one behind the green curtain.\
\
All in Vain! Woe is the board... us measley little gatherers... But honestly, i'm happy with it..\
I like our own little nerdy gathereer corner of the universe here!
LSDMOFRO

Postby jameswyndorf » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:30 pm

This Board`s dead as a Dodo, yeah right but I feel like I'm sent here to revive it, what a mission to accomplish, ha ha ha ha!
jameswyndorf

Previous

Return to Board Information