PYLON

News about the band.

Re: PYLON

Postby scotty 2 tees » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:27 am

Six pack of beer,bag of weed,and my headphones on full volume till 3 this morning.What can I say,erm a religious experience as Killing Joke transend into a new form of music,the likes ive never encountered before.Intence incredible and at times,God damn Scary.
OMFG Honour that fire my friends.Incredible album,best ive heard in there catalouge.Manchester is going to crumble on Sunday.wear a helmut :D
scotty 2 tees

Postby bones » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:19 pm

Maybe you need to lay off the weed, dude? It's clouding your judgement.

Frenzy wrote:Haven't been so completely taken with the full experience since 1980. Absolutely incredible that they have taken it back to these heights.

Really? I prefer MMXII, which itself sits around the midway point in my list of favourite KJ albums.
Only change I would make is adding Apotheosis to the main disc, my favorite of the lot, an amazing driving force of a song.

This I definitely agree with. In fact, it is the bonus disc that really works for me because it shows far greater variety. I'd have Apotheosis, Plague and Star Spangled all on the main album and leave some of the same sounding songs for the second disc. It's the one-paced feel of the main album that doesn't work so well for me. That and the fact that, like Hosannas, a lot of the songs are just too long.
BONES
bones

Postby scotty 2 tees » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:02 am

Listened again in the cold light of day and..............Still Buzzed me....but yeah,was hammered last night lol

Theres something very subliminal about this album,it just made me feel something,dont know what,but I never felt it before.

Thats the reason we love KJ,they make us all feel something.

Thought it was good to hear Jaz backing off and singing a bit more,think he sang really well,and the band as a unit, sound better than ever.
scotty 2 tees

Postby LSDMOFRO » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:59 am

I've haven't been this sober in my life. Im not a druggie either but my username breeds.connotations. im saying Im super connected with my environment, personal perspectives. ..and others" sensitivities. This Pylon Lp is so subliminally profound and trippy. ..can cause anxiety and fear and laughter like what's this for. Its dark. But again to sum it up...and i can barely make out lyrics as i have the download now...but.to sum it up...its mature...mean...menacing...and a masterpiece. Relentlessly it has everything in between its cracks and the flanger ripping song after song is brilliance. I cant wait to read the lyrics. If it ain't your cup.of tea...then maybe you shouldn't be sober...and have a different cup.of tea. Ciao...
LSDMOFRO

Postby LSDMOFRO » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:09 am

scotty 2 tees wrote:Six pack of beer,bag of weed,and my headphones on full volume till 3 this morning.What can I say,erm a religious experience as Killing Joke transend into a new form of music,the likes ive never encountered before.Intence incredible and at times,God damn Scary.
OMFG Honour that fire my friends.Incredible album,best ive heard in there catalouge.Manchester is going to crumble on Sunday.wear a helmut :D

U Rock!!!!!

Yeah man. I know. I know. I know. Glad to know someone on this earth who feels the magic magnitude of magnetism!!

U Rock Scotty2Tees!!!!
LSDMOFRO

Postby Mr.Punch » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:27 pm

Blame it to my beloved Mother never giving up telling me : Organisation is half part of mans life...(an old German saying of corse...) ...and I usedto answer: if so,Chaos is the full part...anyway,I give a damn ..from now on I`d like to talk about Pylon here:http://forum.killingjoke.cz/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1031

BEHAVE!!! :D
Mr.Punch

Postby Mr.Punch » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:29 pm

Blame it to my beloved Mother never giving up telling me : Organisation is half part of mans life...(an old German saying of corse...) ...and I used to answer: if so,Chaos is the full part...anyway,I give a damn ..from now on I`d like to talk about Pylon here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1031

BEHAVE!!! :D
Mr.Punch

Postby LSDMOFRO » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:43 am

bones wrote:Maybe you need to lay off the weed, dude? It's clouding your judgement

Bones... who r u to.judge? That's JUDGMENT. Especially being a Killing Joke fan.
Im of the opinionated that believes like Killing Joke a derangement of.the senses and the exorcism is cathartic towards illumination.
LSDMOFRO

Postby bones » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:51 am

And I think you also need to lay off whatever it is you're smoking, too.
BONES
bones

Postby Bluce_Ree » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:35 pm

Not getting the love for Apotheosis at all.

Yet another metal riff from Geordie that sounds average. This sort of guitar playing is so beneath Geordie. He's not even any good at it. When he's being himself, he's the best in the world. But when he's doing metal, there are much better players/writers out there.

The whole track sounds like Hosannas anyway.

And, as with most KJ output in the last twelve years it's at least 50% too long.
Bluce_Ree

PreviousNext

Return to News