Samples

News about the band.

Re: Samples

Postby scotty 2 tees » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:47 pm

Tomb, theres not a band in the world than can pull off the record live.But killing Joke catch the energy,to me thats what makes them so incredible.All these bands today just rely totally on computer developed enhancement(.Im guilty myself as a musician and producer) but to catch the energy is paramount,and K J allways deliver. \:D\
scotty 2 tees

Postby cyrilgrey » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:30 am

Amazon U.S. has the release date as 10 April. Is that an official change or just a "later for you because you're American" date?
"you make a prison of my life, if you became another's wife. With all the prisons blown to dust, my enemies walk free- I'm mad about you"
cyrilgrey

Postby tomb » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:23 am

scotty 2 tees wrote:Tomb, theres not a band in the world than can pull off the record live.But killing Joke catch the energy,to me thats what makes them so incredible.All these bands today just rely totally on computer developed enhancement(.Im guilty myself as a musician and producer) but to catch the energy is paramount,and K J allways deliver. \:D\
\
\
True indeed - but I do think something blasting like 'The Great Cull' might be easier to get across than something more nuanced (like Pole Shift sounds from the samples). \
\
That's what makes 'Love Like Blood' such an awesome track - it works perfectly both on record and live - always sounds clear and powerful...
tomb

Postby cyrilgrey » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:01 pm

i'm still not seeing it on U.S. Amazon or iTunes. So because I live in the United States I'll have to pay $35 for a cd that the rest of the world only has to pay $12 for? Also means I can't get the In Cythera single for a reasonable price and it also means I can't get the iTunes bonus track (through legal channels) New Uprising. AND, it means that we will have to wait an extra week or so to hear any of this stuff. \:evil:\
"you make a prison of my life, if you became another's wife. With all the prisons blown to dust, my enemies walk free- I'm mad about you"
cyrilgrey

Postby Bulging Eyes » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:21 pm

cyrilgrey wrote:i'm still not seeing it on U.S. Amazon or iTunes. So because I live in the United States I'll have to pay $35 for a cd that the rest of the world only has to pay $12 for? Also means I can't get the In Cythera single for a reasonable price and it also means I can't get the iTunes bonus track (through legal channels) New Uprising. AND, it means that we will have to wait an extra week or so to hear any of this stuff. \:evil:\
\
\
I am in a similar position but I have a plan- which works for me. My friend in Britain is sending me the album and single which I will get later than most \:cry:\ but I still have a GB account with iTunes which I have been unable to switch to the New Zealand Store because I have 58p credit.I will download the whole album, including the exra track whilst I await the delivery of my cd's \:D\ \
\
A Joker will certainly assist you I'm sure.....
Bulging Eyes

Postby cyrilgrey » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:30 pm

yeah, that's similar to what I have planned, but I was talking with someone else here and I just kinda wanted to do the whole artwork in hand, mood set, possibly consciousness altered, and listen to the album from start to finish. But I can't wait a week or more for an import to arrive so now I'll have to listen to the album sans artwork, which is fine, but... just miss the old days of going to the cool record shop the day of release and buying a copy before they even get it onto the shelf and rushing home to sit down and grrove out for an hour or so.
cyrilgrey

Previous

Return to News