New Youth Blog

News about the band.

New Youth Blog

Postby Sapromind » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:40 pm

Those of you on Facebook probably already saw it: http://cultofyouth.wordpress.com/
Sapromind

Re: New Youth Blog

Postby Bulging Eyes » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:55 pm

There is a lot of info on this - if you read between the lines.Anyone like to posit a theory
Bulging Eyes

Postby Mr.Punch » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:39 pm

Democracy Vol. II \:roll:\\
\
\
From what I read, I am not that confident in knowing Youth on the Producers chair when it comes to a KJ Album. Except Pandemonium....Democracy was ruined (Geordie mentiont why,several times) and it seems the new one`s born under similar circumstances...Spain, great view...loads of Keyboards..acoustic guitars...diff. points of view about sounding live - rough and ready - or sounding like a classical studio album...hmm hmm double hmm
Mr.Punch

Postby Sapromind » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:51 am

Jaz once said the album is going to be "darker still". I put my trust in this sentence.
Sapromind

Postby cyrilgrey » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:12 am

i don't know, as this is just one person's side of the story, but generally I find the more struggle there is between members in a band, the more intense the result, so we could see some good things. He only mentions acoustic for one song, so that might just be it. I hope they don't go with Geordie's "live takes" method of production again. I love the guy's guitar work, but it just seems like he keeps blocking songs or holding up releases because he wants KJ to sound raw and live, which, as we saw on Hosannas really isn't that great. Maybe he doesn't want the over-production that Andy Gill insited on, but there must be a happy medium, right? With song titles like The Great Uprising, I suspect it will be kind of like Absolute Dissent Part II. I hope they aren't going with "2012" as a title though...
"you make a prison of my life, if you became another's wife. With all the prisons blown to dust, my enemies walk free- I'm mad about you"
cyrilgrey

Postby Lord Mureth » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:38 pm

yup - 2012 as a title is pretty crap, really! MInd you AD had a few name changes along the way; though if the album is out to coincide with the tour, there's not a lot of time left to change it. Let's hope the tour's not cancelled just cos the album has a pants name \:lol:\ \
\
But if there's even a HINT of Democracy about this album, I'll be happy. An underrated gem, in my opinion - Aeon is one of my favourite songs of all time.
Lord Mureth

Postby Sapromind » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:36 am

It's written plainly, the title is 'tentative', I wouldn't be afraid of this.
Sapromind

Postby firedance » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:54 am

Sapromind wrote:Jaz once said the album is going to be "darker still". I put my trust in this sentence.
\
\
Yep. Sounds promising, whatever form the darkness will take!
Left my conscience way behind ... tumble tumble, here we goooooo!
firedance

Return to News