New Album

News about the band.

Re: New Album

Postby Mr.Punch » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:28 pm

Let`s hope they`ll kick the Rec. Comp. up the arse not repeating the In Excelsis/EES Cheat again. Speak: Two Singles/Maxis/EPs whatsoever with the same ..er... B-Sides. \:evil:\
Mr.Punch

Postby cyrilgrey » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:58 am

personally, if they are using leftover songs from the Absolute Dissent sessions, I hope they don't choose Time Wave as one of the songs... I'm really not that into Time Wave.
"you make a prison of my life, if you became another's wife. With all the prisons blown to dust, my enemies walk free- I'm mad about you"
cyrilgrey

Postby Amalgam » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:41 am

Neh, they're not using something for a new recording that was possibly already recorded back in 2008. Time Wave would've been an okay b-side then, but I don't expect they'll be using that on the new album, 'cause new songs are generally supposed to be a step up from the ones on the last album. This song ain't.
Amalgam

Postby Bulging Eyes » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:41 pm

Mike Coles doing new album artwork \:D\
Bulging Eyes

Postby cyrilgrey » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:55 pm

Bulging Eyes wrote:Mike Coles doing new album artwork \:D\
\
\
really!? \:o\ very nice!
"you make a prison of my life, if you became another's wife. With all the prisons blown to dust, my enemies walk free- I'm mad about you"
cyrilgrey

Postby Sapromind » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:23 am

Yep, confirmed on Facebook, along with a handful of other news:\
\
Hello Gatherers, a few words about the next little while\
\
We will be releasing our new album in April 2012 which will be preceded by a UK tour (see below) and followed by a European tour. On the Eve of the UK dates an EP will suddenly appear on both Ltd Vinyl and Download which will contain a variety of Brand new tracks and 'Mixes'\
\
We are delighted to announce that after a short absence Mike Coles will be back in the visuals chair and that the original line up remains in tact.\
\
The album will come out (As did the last) on Spinefarm/Universal records and is 100% finished and Mastered, last minute arguments on track listing aside.\
\
We genuinely believe this is our masterpiece and hope you will too. A few track names to whet your appetite,\
\
Pole Shift\
Fema Camp\
In Cythera\
Glitch\
Colony Collapse\
Sapromind

Postby LSDMOFRO » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:35 am

Thanks Sapromind!!!! Godhead almighty...man do I need a new Killing Joke Album at this point in my life, this time of year. \
Just F#$^@!^%!@^%$ EXCELLENT!!!! I almost want to come over there (im in the States) for a show. Wish I had more of the tool called $.\
I live a fine life, loving family, and enjoy all the sunsets and the green grass...but some $ to experience the mighty Killing Joke on their turf would be magnificent.
Last edited by LSDMOFRO on Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
LSDMOFRO

Postby LSDMOFRO » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:57 am

cyrilgrey wrote:personally, if they are using leftover songs from the Absolute Dissent sessions, I hope they don't choose Time Wave as one of the songs... I'm really not that into Time Wave.
\
\
I had that feeling too, Cyrilgrey. I mean, I think they said they recorded like 25 or 35 tracks for AD? And didn't it get posted that for this new session they recorded another 25 tracks and are battling and whittling them down? I had that same thought just the other day. I've never known this band not to use all their tracks as at least B-sides. I, for one, am psyched what Youth said, that he's at the helm for a large remix project. I know some of you folks aren't that fond of the remix stuff...I for one like the variety, like that trippy stuff. It's the only time my old lady says, I like what you're playing...who is that. When I say KJ...she winces...from now on, I'll just say it's Paul Van Dyke. As much as I love this band Killing JOke...they do suck every last drop of milk from us die hards...they know us Gatherers... we are going to buy the EP like In Excelis..we are going to buy vocal outtakes of grunts from Extremites...shit, we'd buy a loose stool fresh from Jaz's ass if we could put it on a phonograph or in cd player and get sound out of it! Now that I think of it...Jaz's turds probably do play some ancient 7/8 beat that unearths some tune from a gnostic god! I'd love a triple album...wasn't it the Clash, Sandinista, that last pulled that off? SwineSpineless Farm sucks ass! I wish they had another company. What shitty marketing they did for AD. But you get what you pay for. Plastic Head wasn't much better, but at least they do quite a bit of internet marketing. But the the CD set of remaster, plus outtake grunts fell apart just days after I got it. All the glue came off all the jackets...and then stuck to the discs... you get what you pay for... My opinion is that the last good company they hired was Candlelight/Butterfly. That's when we got a wealth of material and remixes. I'm probably in the minority here though. Peace out my Gatherer friends!
LSDMOFRO

Postby Sapromind » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:52 pm

LSDMOFRO wrote:shit, we'd buy a loose stool fresh from Jaz's ass if we could put it on a phonograph or in cd player and get sound out of it! Now that I think of it...Jaz's turds probably do play some ancient 7/8 beat that unearths some tune from a gnostic god!
\
I actually lol'd \:D\
Sapromind

Postby shooty » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:12 pm

This time I'm determined not to listen to anything leaked on youtube or whatever and listen to every song for for the first time when I get the album- spoiled it for myself not doing that.....
shooty

PreviousNext

Return to News