For those of you not on the mailing list--9/15/11

News about the band.

For those of you not on the mailing list--9/15/11

Postby LSDMOFRO » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:00 pm

It's appears they left Spinefarm? That's a 1000 percent positive. I do hope that this new live record, Clive doesn't "clip" it too much. It doesn't appear that we will ever see the release of "the movie" by Coffee Films or the new studio album for quite sometime:\
\
SUBJECT: KILLING JOKE ANNOUNCE NEW WEBSITE AND NEW LIVE ALBUM VIA PLEDGEMUSIC \
Dear Gatherers, \
Not only is our brand new website www.killingjoke.com up and running; with a gig history, discography and tattoos board, but we'd also like to announce a brand new live album being released via PledgeMusic. \
'Down By The River' will be released in January 2012 via formats including a download version, CD, double vinyl and some very special editions. This new partnership will provide a direct-to-fan offering giving Gatherers the chance to participate in the making and release of the new album. \
2010 and 2011 have been two of the most successful years for Killing Joke yet and have seen us release 'Absolute Dissent', our most critically well received album to date. In the UK alone it won Album of the Year at The Metal Hammer Golden Gods Awards and the Lifetime Achievement recognition at the Classic Rock Awards, presented to them by long term fan Jimmy Page. \
Live shows also saw a dramatic upswing seeing us play incredible sets at Sonisphere, The Hammersmith Apollo and of course 'The Royal Festival Hall' appearance that is now being released here. \
Geordie Walker, our guitarist and founding member, had a vision to record the show and produce the results himself to give the fan base what he describes as "the definitive KJ live album". Geordie, long term collaborator 'Clive Goddard', and KJ keys player Rezza Udin, disappeared into the wilds of Henley Upon Thames and the wonderful Doghouse Studios and created this amazing piece of work. \
As part of the release we are also making available a range of unique and rare items via PledgeMusic, such as Geordie's customised Warwick guitar, t-shirts, album artwork screen prints, plus much, much more… \
For existing band merchandise, you can also visit. \
We'll be adding more sections, with more ways for you to interact with the band, and each other, to www.killingjoke.com as the months progress… so keep checking back for the latest band news. \
Oh, and of course there's our 2012 Tour which tickets are still available for. Just click your date, and you'll be taken to a ticket buying page. We'll see you all next March. Until then. \
Jaz, Geordie, Youth and Paul.
LSDMOFRO

Re: For those of you not on the mailing list--9/15/11

Postby Mr.Punch » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:51 pm

Don`t think they`ve left Swinefarm* ...the talk is about the Live Album "Down by the River" (I calculate, that Swinefarm refused to invest in a Live Album...anyway...Pledge Music is a very good institution it seems...I pledged for the Double CD/DVD and Vinyl/DVD with asking if I might have a UNSIGNED Version of the Vinyl..as I give shit about Autographs..at least I hate scribblings across sleeve artwork in general ! \
\
* I still think the studio album will be released via Swinefarm.
Mr.Punch

Postby cyrilgrey » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:48 pm

i just love the way they all ignore the fact that the other exists-- in one ad i saw they said "the first live album since 2005", like the whole Hammersmith album never even happened. the old Jedi mindtrick:\
"we didn't release a live album earlier this year"\
"you didn't release a live album earlier this year"\
"this is the first live album we've released since 2005"\
"this is the first live album you released since 2005"\
"there was never any video for European Superstate"\
... \:?\
"you make a prison of my life, if you became another's wife. With all the prisons blown to dust, my enemies walk free- I'm mad about you"
cyrilgrey

Postby Mr.Punch » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:19 pm

The other don`t exist. From the Bands point of view , they`re going to release the first OFFICIAL Live Album since 2005. \
\
And I`m slightly getting tired praying the mantra again and again when I look at most given comments (not on here,and not by you Ciryl - so in general on the whole wide KJ world) that KJ ain`t a Band that need to use Pledge Music etc...BUT THE FUCKING TIMES HAVE FUCKING CHANGED! Either you are the fucking Rolling Stones! Because of fucking FREE DOWNLOAD PIRATHY and FILESHARING OFFICIAL ALBUMS FASTER THAN THEYRE IN THE SHOPS...No fucking Band on Planet Earth is making a f...coin out of record sales alone anymore..not even a Lady called Gagga .. she`s masivly touring... to make a decent dosh.\
\
So, I am a bit leaving the path yet....but all these recordings..like Live at Hammersmith is nothing more than a bloddy compromise, to keep a living out of making music and feeding the Fans with some new things...\
\
And I`m also getting tired of reading...what the band`s done wrong..how great it would be if they`d listen to their devoted Gatherers etc etc...(it does`nt end with the bloddy setlists discussions - absolutely useles - each time the Band anounces a Tour. Hell. We`re now given the opportunity to participate with a Project of a Band we love to bits - don`t we ? \
\
Cyril..I point it out again...this is not against you or your post, man, it was just the kickstart for me to fire away with what I collected on mind towards what I read nearly day in day out on KJ related sites.\
\
Be a musician myself and trying to get my first Solo Album away...shows hard it is nowadays to get a record away..and any fucking alternativity is welcome...so Folks...go and pledge the fuck for Down by the River! (and do me a favour..ask for unsighned Versions!!!)\
\
BTW: To return to the opening line...Down by the River is deff. the first since 2005 supervised from beginning to end by the Band itself...Geordie Walker with asistence from Mike THE VISUAL JOKE Coles! HA!
Mr.Punch

Postby Amalgam » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:29 pm

I think it will feature the songs Wardance, Requiem and The Wait. Nice to finally hear those songs again. They'll surely sound better when the mix is supervised by the band. I guess... \:|\
Amalgam

Postby cyrilgrey » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:02 am

i just find it amusing because who are they marketing to? you and i. the same people who most likely bought the Hammersmith album or, at the very least, know it exists. OK, so this might be the first "official" live release, but then who got my money when I bought the Hammersmith album? are the band not making money off these cds? that would be bad, but hardly the fans fault. They can release a live album every few months for all I care (bands like Dave Matthews do it all the time) and i'll continue to buy them, but don't treat me like an idiot and say "oh, this one's official, that one's not"-- it's all being bought by the same group of people anyway.
"you make a prison of my life, if you became another's wife. With all the prisons blown to dust, my enemies walk free- I'm mad about you"
cyrilgrey

Postby Mr.Punch » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:58 pm

>> They can release a live album every few months for all I care (bands like Dave Matthews do it all the time) and i'll continue to buy them, but don't treat me like an idiot and say "oh, this one's official, that one's not"-- it's all being bought by the same group of people anyway.<<\
\
Good Lord!!! Never ever would I treat you like an Idiot, man, you should know it , ey! All i tried to say is, that the Hamersmith Thingy or the bloddy Gathering 2008 (first Edit) was`nt under the control of the band..as...if I pointed out - is a modern way to make some dosh off a record...captured live.instantly...manufactured,packed and sold the same eve...the Band itself has no influence anymore--if the guitarist was lousy that night...it´s been out...sold.\
\
This time, they seem to took over control (at least Geordie) and than from that point of view...it´s MORE an official Live Album...the others were rather official Bootlegs..are`nt they? \
\
Sorry again, if you got me wrong. \;)\ \
\
Cheers Punch
Mr.Punch

Postby cyrilgrey » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:33 am

Mr.Punch wrote:Good Lord!!! Never ever would I treat you like an Idiot, man, you should know it , ey!
\
\
No, no! Not you! Sorry, little miscommunication there. I was saying that to the advertising people. Not you at all. I'm sorry if it came off that way. It wasn't really said too seriously anyway, i'm just being sarcastic. Like the whole Jedi mindtrick thing-- it's all in good fun. It's a Killing Joke live album. I'll buy it, like always, listen to it a few times and then think nothing more of it (unless it has a stellar version of something like Pssyche on the Ha! EP)\
\
speaking of Geordie's involvement, do you think there will be overdubs? I'm kind of hoping for a live show with the sound quality-- well, of Ha! would be brilliant, but even if it is like Duende, that'd be cool too.
cyrilgrey

Postby Mr.Punch » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:38 pm

Okey \;)\ \
\
You are right, the sound of HA! would be great. I don`t think he will play overdubs. I hope he isn`t too modest and give his guitar a good kick to the foreground in the mix.\
\
BTW: Pledge is by over 50%\
\
Only thing`s still disturbing me is, there are still only SIGNED Vers. of the Vinyl...I don`t WANT that. \:evil:\
Mr.Punch

Postby cyrilgrey » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:14 pm

it's good to see them making some use of the original ESS artwork.
cyrilgrey

Next

Return to News