Okay Jokers- how do I get my hands on this? I haven't a clue.\
\
It was announced on their Facebook page.\
\
Its done by Youth so its probably wank
Bulging Eyes

Re: This World Hell Remix

Postby Sapromind » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:07 pm

I just downloaded it and was going to post news about it, but you were faster ^^\
Ok, so I'm uploading it to Megaupload.\
Here it is folks: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YK0YG9SB
Sapromind

Postby Bulging Eyes » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:25 pm

Its shite
Bulging Eyes

Postby Sapromind » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:35 pm

To me it's pretty cool, but the vocals are really really weird.
Sapromind

Postby shooty » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:48 pm

Youths posted possibly very recent pics on his myspace of Jaz and Paul at his studio in Spain. It would be a shame if this was all they were doing....
shooty

Postby LSDMOFRO » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:14 pm

I like it...it's pretty trippy...reminds me of something off the Clash's Sandinista, but a bit harder...just as psychedelic...I certainly like it better than the regular studio cut...as for me, the chorus just wears on me after a while. This is remix is more subtle on the chorus. I received an email from the fan club sign up to download the song. I do know that a lot of my fellow gatherers aren't that keen on the remixes of KJ...but I've always liked them...everyone of them over the years...and it's nice to have a dance trip session in the comfort of my own home...and, my old lady doesn't like KJ, too hard, but she loves the remix dance stuff...so I get to listen to my favorite band and she just loves the electro-dub/club stuff...win win when we are part-EE--ang!
LSDMOFRO

Postby Mr.Punch » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:05 pm

I totally agree with you LSD. I like it. Use to like all of them remixes,Dubs etc etc. They will never replace the original version of a song but usually open up a different view. And I am glad that this action is a child of the 80s. It`s never been done before and brought a hell load of great versions to daylight.\
\
I just wish that there were all the promised NEWS on the official site..like..." We`re recording a new album and will tell you more by end of this summer (which is now !) and about the re-re Issues of the back-catalogue...tellin that they`re playing gigs in March is considered old hats as far as I am concerned.
Mr.Punch

Postby LSDMOFRO » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:07 pm

Mr.Punch wrote:I totally agree with you LSD. I like it. Use to like all of them remixes,Dubs etc etc. They will never replace the original version of a song but usually open up a different view. And I am glad that this action is a child of the 80s. It`s never been done before and brought a hell load of great versions to daylight.\
\
I just wish that there were all the promised NEWS on the official site..like..." We`re recording a new album and will tell you more by end of this summer (which is now !) and about the re-re Issues of the back-catalogue...tellin that they`re playing gigs in March is considered old hats as far as I am concerned.
\
\
Finally...I have a witness! Quite honestly, the remixes open a whole new world. While I can understand we don't need 12 remixes of Democracy... a few of those batches are pretty damn tight...and really, I never would have picked up any Orb stuff without KJ letting him take his hand. Granted, Trance, Dub, and remixes can get a little old after a while...but it's not like I'm jumping from couch to couch all over my living room all the time. I do need HUMAN music. But with remixes and dub... It's really the only type of music say besides some Coltane or intrumental jazz where I can have it playing in the background and do other things that require concentration. It's stimulating that way. It always puzzled me why some gatherers knock Youth for the remix stuff...or Geordie does on occasion...over the years...his stuff is pretty dope. I certainly wish we would have mixed Absolute Dissent (not in all dub, of course). As much as I love many many songs on Absolute Dissent...it really is missing that signature killing joke with minimal and subliminal background stuff going on...I can't hear the keyboards at all! I brought up the topic of "clipping" out here...which appears to be just loudness and missing the highs and lows...but I guess no one really hears what I hear. I find Youth's mixes interesting and very textured...and well, when I'm starving...and burned on the same "re-re issues" and "another live album" or broken promises as you've said Mr. Punch...I certainly welcome anything that's remixed, dubbed, or in the "trip" zone... Peace to you Mr. Punch!
LSDMOFRO

Postby warr » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:28 pm

Personally I find the original a bit intense and a chance to go for a beer break when played live !\
\
This is good though and it is great to get some stuff ahead of whatever new recordings are around the corner in 2012 ... AD will still do for a while yet thou.
warr

Return to News