European Superstate Single

News about the band.

Re: European Superstate Single

Postby Sapromind » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:10 pm

Possibly the record company is unable to reach the unreleased songs, pretty much like us.\
They're just lost on Youth's laptop somewhere in Spain and will forever be forgotten.
Sapromind

Postby jonnie » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:23 pm

The band don't want these songs in record companies hands,therefore they remain 'unavailable' to fans. the recordings are safe though \;)\
Do NOT use Insure and Go for your Holiday Insurance.They are total wank.
jonnie

Postby Mr.Punch » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:11 pm

Well, at least YOUTH should know about the possibility to sell them online! Won`t earn the Band a Grand..but even better to keep them Save! \;)\ \:P\ \
\
OR: They better don`t talk about how MANY SONGS been recorded!!!\
\
Like back in the days, when in Interviews it was just:..."Well, we`ve just finished recordings..and the releasedate hopefully be...then and then..."\
\
I`ve never had problems with WTF..! or Nighttime or etc. about unreleased material...it started out 2003\
\
In the end it`s nerve killing and wasted energy....\
\
There`s no Sixth Sun, No Feast of Fools; No nothing....\
\
until it makes it`s appereance on the www..God knows when, if ever!\
\
Enjoy the Great Cull and Kali Yuga and Ladbroke Grove instead!!!!!\
These are a few of the powerful and intense output of an Outstanding Band so far!!!\
\
Could it be that the www. produces impation and greedy Fans or whatever they may call themselfs???\
\
You know, in the meanwhile, somehow Bootlegs ( meaning a REAL Gem in the old days) are becoming boring...here`s a download, there`s another one...beeing honest: I`m downloading more than I am actually listening to...that`s odd, innit??? And it´s far from the fun a Bootie meant to be...\
\
tho I`d like to have the Studio Outtakes of Revelations...if they excist!\
\
keep calm, fellas..it`s just KJ! It`s Fun! \:D\
Mr.Punch

Postby PsychoMan » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:49 pm

That's a good point actually! I still remember the pre-internet days when I got into rock and metal after wasting time on chartpop and hardcore techno stuff (forgive me... I was maybe 11 back then). Except for my monthly music magazine (Rock Hard... still read it to this day) I had basically no info about my favourite bands. I used to be a hardcore Ozzy/Sabbath fan and remember picking up a bootleg with unreleased tracks on a flea market. I just can't describe the excitement I felt when holding this gem in my hands. I didn't know anything about the tracks, so I sat at home and listened to them over and over again. I was totally fascinated and living in a rurally area you couldn't get your hands on stuff like this every day, when it happened it felt like christmas, easter, birthday altogether...\
\
So yes... I like the internet and its possibilities, but it also killed the thrill and exictement of finding "mysterious" stuff to a certain point, like finding something by accident and actually holding it in your hands. A bit hard to describe but most of you will understand I guess...\
\
About the "greedy fan" thing. I'm not sure and can only speak for myself. "Greedy" in this case would fit, when someone is downloading irrational amounts of music just for collecting purposes or is not willing to spend some money for art (that's what music is in the end). That's why I concentrate on my maybe 5 favorite bands and totally support them.\
Longing for new stuff by your favorite artist especially if it goes into an excellent direction like on "Absolute Dissent" from a fans point of view is totally normal I would say. It's almost like if you're having a crush on someone and can't get enough of that person. \:lol:\ \
\
Maybe I'm just insane but that's how I'm seeing it... \:D\
Holy is the laughter that overcomes all your fears.
PsychoMan

Postby Mr.Punch » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:00 pm

WOW!\
\
I AM ABSOLUTE SPEACHLESS!!!\
\
How inovative!!!! This must be the work of a Genius Graphic Designer! Hats off to SWINEFARM! They use to chose the Cream of the Cream!\
\
Damn! Colsey must be dying ..even myself I am f...jealous..what an excellent idea...\
\
but: Why Am I reminded on Democracy looking at the Vinyl Sleeve? I can`t get it. Can anybody help,please???\
\
http://www.whatrecords.co.uk/items/57028.htm CD\
\
http://www.whatrecords.co.uk/items/57027.htm Vinyl
Mr.Punch

Postby zomboid81 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:06 pm

so buying that vinyl!!!! \8-)\
zomboid81

Postby cyrilgrey » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:04 pm

this stuff was happening way before the internet. Back then we may not have known exactly what we were missing, but we knew there were missings songs. There was Take Take Take off Ha! and the Fanatic was being played at live shows and Blue Feather appeared on all the singles with the dreaded word "version" next to it, leading us to believe that the version that was recorded as a session might actually exist for the album. And of course the Hive and All Play Rebel and Animal... the list goes on. People speak of greed, but I don't see it that way at all-- maybe if you got the songs and kept them as a sort of power thing or charged people money to get them, but for fans to want the unreleased material-- especially when the band themselves speak so highly of the songs (like Jaz and others claiming Industrial Suicide Tribe and Feast of Fools were some of the best songs ever written), it is natural to want to be a part of that. \
\
What has made this particular batch worse than the others, in my opinion, is the idea that we came so close to getting some of them-- IST was the first single (we even saw the artwork), Feast of Fools was the title track, and Sixth Sun was listed as the next b-side which, at the time, was a mere month away. That is why these songs hurt so bad-- it is pretty much implied that these songs are mixed and ready to go. They won't be rough demos like Four Stations... and Silent Rage, but full-on complete songs. And I love songs like the Party and Future Shock-- so if those songs are that good and still were dismissed, what else could have been shelved? And then the fact that I realy love a lot of these albums; so if I love every song on 2003, it makes logical sense that I will love Tailspin and the new version of Future Shock. Or songs that are not that great, like New Culture become better solely because they were so much harder to find. \
\
so that is why i do it. That is the joy i get from hunting and finding unreleased material. In the end, it is just my love and admiration for the band and the music, and I don't think that is greedy at all and the first thing i always do is make sure my fellow fans hear it too.
Last edited by cyrilgrey on Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"you make a prison of my life, if you became another's wife. With all the prisons blown to dust, my enemies walk free- I'm mad about you"
cyrilgrey

Postby romero » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:29 pm

Well said, Cyril
romero

Postby shooty » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:44 pm

The songs exist but instead we're being offered nothing new.......vote with your wallet!
shooty

Postby Amalgam » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:16 pm

Can't someone here create a poll for us here with the question: \
European Super State single: Redundant or better than nothing?
Amalgam

PreviousNext

Return to News