European Superstate Single

News about the band.

Re: European Superstate Single

Postby LSDMOFRO » Fri May 13, 2011 4:53 pm

You folks must know this? Right? Spineless records delayed the release of the ESS EP...\
to conincide with the NOW non-existent North American Tour.\
\
The EP came out on May 9th. Also, several 12 inche's also came out.\
Check out Whatrecords. What kinda sucks, is, ok, I love the remixes. Heck, I was even gonna buy\
the Japan version of A.D. just to get that one remix....but alas...it least it's on here.\
But no, no more unreleased tracks. Here on the ESS EP release we pretty much get\
the same old olds...from In Exlesis or already out digitally on amazon on itunes.\
\
And I read a Jaz recent interview...it was from last month( if anyone wants me to find it, PM, and I'll\
find it on the net), that they will NOT be releasing any of the mentioned tracks that were left off\
of Absolute Dissent. He said it sort of, well, not in a friendly matter...which was surprising for\
me knowing that we just fans that really crave more...but it could have been directed at the reporter,\
as Jaz usually is a smart ass to most reporters...he's not fond of them. But you know, all these delayed,\
releases, all these posponements...no official word on a cancelled tour...there website still states\
it's happening...no real unreleased tracks at all.... HEY I LOVE THESE GUYS...but man, I do feel some\
Absolute Disrespect here as a faithful fan that has bought everything from them under the sun \
since 1983!!!!
LSDMOFRO

Postby cyrilgrey » Sat May 14, 2011 4:11 pm

Like you, I'm waiting on details about this cancellation, but the way Jaz put it, the unreleased AD songs were shelved because Geordie wasn't happy with the mixes, which puts Geordie in the dog house as far as I'm concerned. Add to that the fact that he is the guy who refuses to play stuff from 2003 and HftBoH and Democracy and now the rumor that he may be the member who pulled out of the tour... I mean Geordie is 1/2 of Killing Joke, so damned if I know what to do, but I do know that when a part stops working or is screwing up the function of the rest of the machine, you replace said part. Or else you shut down the machine.
"you make a prison of my life, if you became another's wife. With all the prisons blown to dust, my enemies walk free- I'm mad about you"
cyrilgrey

Postby cyrilgrey » Mon May 16, 2011 2:14 am

Ideal Copy has it listed for the 17th, but still has the old tracklist (with Sixth Sun). That sucks for fans who don't know what's going on who will go and order the single expecting a new song and then getting the current version. I feel like I should write to Ideal Copy so they don't run into trouble, but I don't really have any sources to cite.
"you make a prison of my life, if you became another's wife. With all the prisons blown to dust, my enemies walk free- I'm mad about you"
cyrilgrey

Postby zomboid81 » Tue May 17, 2011 1:09 pm

someone on ebay is selling it.... \
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KILLING-JOKE-Euro ... 48407c48b1\
\
\
...?
zomboid81

Postby cyrilgrey » Wed May 18, 2011 1:07 am

zomboid81 wrote:someone on ebay is selling it.... \
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KILLING-JOKE-Euro ... 48407c48b1\
\
\
...?
\
\
the info says "includes Sixth Sun", but then the tracklist is the other one... \:roll:\
cyrilgrey

Postby zomboid81 » Wed May 18, 2011 10:16 am

noticed that, i might message them and ask about it...more to the point if the product is actually available or would they be one of these sellers that take your money then tell you 'oh we we're waiting on stock coming in' and subsequently take 2weeks to refund
zomboid81

Previous

Return to News