European Superstate Single

News about the band.

European Superstate Single

Postby romero » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:27 am

romero

Re: European Superstate Single

Postby Amalgam » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:05 pm

Ha, another fail, as expected. \
I see on the page of whatnotrecords that for 4 quid you'll get 1 (one) track that is genuinely new, namely "Sixth Sun".\
Hopefully they won't be using the abomination that must pass for the artwork. Are they serious about that?\
\
http://www.whatrecords.co.uk/items/56709.htm\
\
The rest consists - and it's almost embarrassing to note- of songs that have been available before, being "Kali Yuga" and "Ghosts of Ladbroke Grove - dub". It's the "In Excelsis" single in a way, only without "In Excelsis". And they say that 'some of the other tracks have only previously been available digitally". Not sure about the 'only' bit.\
Maybe better wait until "Sixth Sun" will re-appear on a following single with more genuinely new tracks.\
\
Note also: whatnotrecords spell the 'forthcoming' Killing Joke album as "Absolute Descent". I guess an absolute descent into utter clumsiness and -may I say- shameful stinginess. I bet they're pulling the "limited edition" card again as a cynical marketing trick for the gullable.
Amalgam

Postby cyrilgrey » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:02 pm

not that i trust anything they say anymore, how can the Kali Yuga, GoLG (Dub), etc. tracklist be correct when it says:\
\
"...including a reworking of the title track by Godflesh mainman Justin Broadrick."\
\
who, by the way, was suppossed to have mixed Industrial Suicide Tribe way back when. So one page tells us it will have a remix of the title tracvk, the other says it is the same ass-stupid tracklist as before, so once again we are in the dark. But, it doesn't come out until May, which gives them plenty of time to cancel it. \:roll:\
"you make a prison of my life, if you became another's wife. With all the prisons blown to dust, my enemies walk free- I'm mad about you"
cyrilgrey

Postby Sapromind » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:41 am

cyrilgrey wrote:not that i trust anything they say anymore, how can the Kali Yuga, GoLG (Dub), etc. tracklist be correct when it says:\
\
"...including a reworking of the title track by Godflesh mainman Justin Broadrick."\
\
who, by the way, was suppossed to have mixed Industrial Suicide Tribe way back when. So one page tells us it will have a remix of the title tracvk, the other says it is the same ass-stupid tracklist as before, so once again we are in the dark. But, it doesn't come out until May, which gives them plenty of time to cancel it. \:roll:\
\
I've read many forums in my life and I must admit it was one of the most bitter posts I've ever seen \8-)\
Sapromind

Postby cyrilgrey » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:40 am

Sapromind wrote:I've read many forums in my life and I must admit it was one of the most bitter posts I've ever seen \8-)\
\
\
\
it's pure frustration is all. again, in this high-tech world of instant access information, news should be a lot easier and clearer, but it isn't. and not just in the KJ universe.
"you make a prison of my life, if you became another's wife. With all the prisons blown to dust, my enemies walk free- I'm mad about you"
cyrilgrey

Postby PsychoMan » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:03 pm

‘EUROPEAN SUPER STATE’: THE CD EP\
\
- New EP from the original Killing Joke line-up, reunited for the first time in almost 30 years.\
- Produced by Youth, one of the world’s most sought-after studio gurus.\
- EP to feature bonus tracks that don’t appear on the latest ‘Absolute Dissent’ album, including remixes by Justin Broadrick (Godflesh) and Youth.\
- Some of the other tracks have only previously been available digitally, and their inclusion here is a direct response to fan demand.\
\
Featured Tracks\
\
European Super State’ (Radio Edit)\
Kali Yuga’\
Ghosts Of Ladbroke Grove’ (Dub)\
European Super State’ (Youth Remix)\
European Super State’ (Dubstep Mix)\
European Super State’ (Justin Broadrick Remix)\
\
Brahahahahahaha!!!!!! \:roll:\ What happened to the unreleased studio tracks???\
\
Holy is the laughter that overcomes all your fears.
PsychoMan

Postby Mr.Punch » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:47 pm

>> Brahahahahahaha!!!!!! \:roll:\ What happened to the unreleased studio tracks??? <<\
\
They`ll remain unreleased! Probably they did`nt exist at all....\
\
We`re having those discussons with each Album..and mostly it turned out, that the named twenty odd tunes are just twelfe for real and the unreleased ones turn out to be working titles....so... A sixth sun might be Kali Yuga in the end...\
\
as might Feast of Fools be a Jam of Feast of Blaze..and understandable, the band decidet not to repeat themthelves....\
\
\
at least: Be patient, Folks! If there`s any tunes left, they will appear one day. In 1982 I would`nt dare to think, getting booties of WTF...! etc..and Voila..WWW made it happen...so... nobody need to have everything promto...twenty years is a great time to receive some gems...ey, thats the spice in a collectors life, innit???? C`mon!
Mr.Punch

Postby PsychoMan » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:24 pm

It's not only about the (possibly) unreleased studio stuff (although I've read about how they were arguing which tracks were supossed to make it on the album etc. so something must be left). No. It's the tracklist of the ESS single itself, which is in my opinion, just uninteresting. Kali Yuga and Ghosts (Dub) were already on the In Excelsis EP. A radio edit of ESS, well that's obligatory for a single I guess. The ESS remixes are ok but nothing I would listen to all day. They could've also put some live tracks on it for example, which may not be ideal as well, but would spice up the whole thing a bit.\
I know this sounds whiny and I don't need to buy it but I always believed that KJ are having a really devoted following. Who else would actually buy stuff like "Inside Extremities" or the "Bootleg Vinyl Archives"? \;)\ They are still a very special band and not some mainstream crap act, so stop the remix shit and give us more stuff which can keep up to your status. \
\
Ok enough complaining, though I'm a bit disappointet, I think I'll get over it. \:)\ Who buys the KJ ESS vinyl single? I do! I do! \:lol:\
Holy is the laughter that overcomes all your fears.
PsychoMan

Postby cyrilgrey » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:41 am

that's the headscratcher for me: Singles aren't doing well anymore. The only ones buying them are the core fans. Core fans will already own/have the In Excelsis e.p., so it just seems destined to fail and that will result in reluctance to release further singles. Then there's the whole how many times have they told us these things were coming out and then... nothing. It seems like their answer to diminished sales is to take away any incentive we had to buy it \:?\
cyrilgrey

Postby Bulging Eyes » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:36 pm

It really is a stupid idea put the same tracks on a follow up single. Especially shitty \
electronic mixes. Unless the record company knows the market.Maybe they will\
appear on the new album? \
For me Killing Joke have always been about quality- look at the top b sides that have \
appeared in the eighties. Psyche, Wilful Days,Mass and Goodbye to the Village to name a few.\
Then, when they lose hands on control, or interest we get Another Cult Goes Down bollocks.\
And now this- multi-mixes of the same song a la Pandemonium and Democracy.\
Anyway, this may be the last tour so soak it up while you can.
Bulging Eyes

Next

Return to News