The Death & Resurrection Show Movie - It's coming!

News about the band.

Re: The Death & Resurrection Show Movie - It's coming!

Postby LSDMOFRO » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:49 am

BUMMER!!!!! Alas...\
\
Hi all, everyone keeps asking and we didn't really want to say it but yes the release will now be in 2013, which is colosally disappointing and we're really sorry to everyone who has been so patient with us.\
\
This was always going to be a tricky project just because there's so much history there with KJ. Winding it up has been a huge challenge fitting it all into a couple of hours, affording things, tracing rights owners through decades of contract-less deals and company shut downs and buyouts, eventually it just got too late to make a 2012 release possible, it would have been rushed, half the music would have to have been cut etc.\
\
So where are we? We're still very much on for UK theatrical release and selected major cities worldwide early next year, quickly after that we'll get the DVD/BR out in the market, a fairly simple one first then one flooded with extras a while later once we've had time to sort them all out, there's a lot of footage. We still have some sound mixing to do and are figuring out the fees for all the archive clearances, that won't take too long.\
\
Shaun has finished the picture grade and graphics which look fantastic, you've had a taste of them the last few days, and once the sound is done he (Shaun) is going to put a book together filled with photography work on the film, stills, these graphics and lots of info on how it was all put together over almost a decade which is a great story in itself and will be a beautiful thing as Shaun is wonderfully focused on quality.\
\
We may do some kind of Pledge/crowd fund type thing for a special edition DVD/BR, early copy Shaun's book etc? Let us know what you think...\
\
It is a very different film, as it had to be, simply shooting talking heads with some live footage as most music docs tend to be wasn't going to do the story justice, we needed to speak with that inventor building a spaceship in his caravan, fly over the Nazca Lines in a balloon, shoot an entire sub plot that got cut, many people had to see all that happen to feel right about getting onto camera themselves and the project itself forced us to let it all simmer through numerous major revisions in a long post production to make something that feels "right". Film projects are always demanding mistresses and this one had a thousand paranoid demons that needed to be worked through before she got what she wanted.\
\
So, our collective love and thanks for waiting it out, our deepest apologies for another missed release date, our guarantee of release in 2013 even if it means making copies one by one from my desktop PC and posting them to every single one of you; the wait will be over, we have put everything we can into it and I hope that all shows when it finally flickers into life in front of you.\
\
Steve (Coffee Films)
LSDMOFRO

Postby Michael » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:01 pm

Thank you very much for the infos, I'm still looking forward to that one!\
"We may do some kind of Pledge/crowd fund type thing for a special edition DVD/BR, early copy Shaun's book etc? Let us know what you think..."\
Please, no more pledge-thing like this! Just fill the DVD and BR with your bonus-stuff, outtakes, live-stuff etc. and raise the regular price a bit and everyone here will buy it! This special-edition-package-thing is for Pink Floyd and Genesis-fans. I just want the recordings and will not pledge for one or two special-features and a deluxe-package....and cigar wrappers.\
\
If the band wants do do more plegdes: Count me in for unreleased audio by KJ or Geordie solo, unmixed demos aso.
Life is too short to be taken seriously. (Oscar Wilde)\
Life is too short to share it on facebook. (Michael)
Michael

Postby Bulging Eyes » Fri May 10, 2013 8:15 am

The world premier is in Auckland on the 12th June- the night before the gig!\
I am gonna try to get a ticket and change flights. Wish me luck \:D\
Bulging Eyes

Postby Lennonka » Fri May 10, 2013 5:35 pm

Good luck, Bulging Eyes!\
I wonder if I will be able to attend an European premiere.
∴ Too much laugh will kill you...
Lennonka
Site Admin

Postby LSDMOFRO » Sat May 11, 2013 7:40 pm

Some star gazing gatherers who have their toilet water spin counter clockwise get All The Breaks!\
Envious and jealous I am! But you have faithfully waited along time and you derserve the double shot. Happy for you Bulging Eyes!
LSDMOFRO

Postby Mr.Punch » Mon May 13, 2013 4:30 pm

Ooohooo counting the days.... \:D\ \
\
\
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2339703/\
\
\
and a new snipped: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNLhwQwB4Ys
Mr.Punch

Postby Sapromind » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:25 pm

A review:\
http://www.offthetracks.co.nz/the-death ... cumentary/\
\
One of the best music documentaries I’ve seen in years. Hilarious, baffling, brilliant, bonkers. Post-punk’s clown prince of faux-evil darkness won’t disappoint. You have to get to this. It will totally get to you. I already can’t wait to see it again. I just know it’s going to reward repeat viewings.
Sapromind

Postby Lennonka » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:41 pm

I really hope there will be a screening in Prague.
∴ Too much laugh will kill you...
Lennonka
Site Admin

Postby Mr.Punch » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:26 pm

For our LUCKY U.S. Gatherers: Screening in October!\
\
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... -announced\
\
\
Thanks to the fella from the gathering List.
Mr.Punch

Postby Werewolf32 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:52 pm

Apparently the screenings of the KJ film in New York were cancelled due to a cock up, when the film wasn't delivered to the venues on time. Hope a possible screening in London would go better. I for one am looking forward to the DVD release!
Werewolf32

PreviousNext

Return to News