The Death & Resurrection Show Movie - It's coming!

News about the band.

The Death & Resurrection Show Movie - It's coming!

Postby Lennonka » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:58 pm

It's freaking coming!\
The official teaser is here... http://coffeefilms.com/killingjoke/
∴ Too much laugh will kill you...
Lennonka
Site Admin

Re: The Death & Resurrection Show Movie - It's coming!

Postby clarky » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:23 pm

I'll only believe it when it's in my fucking hand's. This preview mean's nothing !
clarky

Postby Mr.Punch » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:59 pm

Can someone write down, what Youth is saying in the Trayler? I have no damn problem to understand anybody - but him, is he soooo stoned or is it his accent? or both????
Mr.Punch

Postby SpiderMum » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:21 pm

'
Last edited by SpiderMum on Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpiderMum

Postby cyrilgrey » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:56 pm

I wonder if Jana T is THE Jana.
"you make a prison of my life, if you became another's wife. With all the prisons blown to dust, my enemies walk free- I'm mad about you"
cyrilgrey

Postby Appocalypsa » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:33 pm

It's not.
"Nothing remains" - A.Camus\
Appocalypsa

Postby Amalgam » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:37 pm

According to the song "Jana" died. So why would she be up and running again suddenly? Oh, aha, I see: "The Death & Resurrection Show", woohahahaha. \:lol:\
Amalgam

Postby coffeefilms » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:17 am

Hi everyone...\
\
I'm Steve, the new guy on the D&R Show at Coffee Films...\
\
Since getting involved in the film with Shaun (the director from ILC Productions in NZ) and Jaz we've had an influx of e-mails asking the big question; "when's it coming out?" Many of you will know that film release dates shift as often as the sands and even more of you will know that Killing Joke / Jaz Coleman projects can have a tendency to take a little longer than expected to see the light of day...\
\
So I just wanted to let you all know a bit more about the last 6 months or so; we at Coffee Films were specifically asked to come on board to help everyone focus on what needs to be done to finish up. There has been a short hiatus with so much other Killing Joke stuff happening and Jaz writing concertos and books, we've been doing the rounds of meetings to start sorting out things like festivals, screenings and distribution and frankly the legal mess of who owns what rights in what territories to what songs and archive footage is something that would turn any film producer green, but things are back on course, shooting is finally going to wrap in winter, the terrifying mountain of post production is going to be all any of us think about over the new year and early in 2010 we're going to have something approaching a real release date.\
\
Keep an eye on http://www.coffeefilms.com/killingjoke and the Myspace, Facebook and Twitter (links on the website) we've set up as we're going to start feeding through some more clips, previews and general info over winter as the editing progresses, I'm sure some kind of advance preview screenings for the Gatherers will be on the cards too.\
\
I've been fortunate enough to see a lot more of the footage that's in the can and I can promise you all this is not just a live show dvd, it's not just a tour video with some interviews shoehorned in, it's not a documentary which places a fly on the wall and watches the world go by, it's not some expose where everyone just sits around slagging each other off (although, of course, there is a bit of that); this is the Killing Joke M-Theory, the id, the everything; Jaz and Shaun have created something totally unique, illuminating, entertaining and deeply involving, to the extent that calling it a "music documentary" doesn't even begin to do it justice, it is worth the wait and it is going to be finished and out and in your hands before the Tribulation...\
\
\
Oh, and here's what Youth is saying in the trailer;\
"Jaz had had a few other kamikaze moves on the band, just when the band was going to fucking break Jaz would do something to make sure it wouldn't happen"\
\
Then later, referring specifically to Iceland;\
"Snakily they slipped off without so much as a note"\
\
\
Cheers,\
\
Steve Piper
coffeefilms

Postby Mr.Punch » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:52 am

Thanks for the info Steve.\
It`s great to notice you`re passion and involvement on that particular project. And it`s good to know that you probably keep us informed and up-to date..cos we all know Jaz..;P\
\
I just can speak for ´myself, but I guess, some more on here will watch coffefilms in the future...there`s some very interesting stuff to be detected! Great Work - so far. Where to get any DVDs of Coffee?\
\
Cheers
Mr.Punch

Postby Jaggedone » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:40 am

Interesting portrayal of Jaz's demons, and entertainment pure for KJ fans!\
\
I suppose I'm just one of those guys who just love KJ and their music and disregard Jaz's global visions and prophecies, been it, done it, did it, boring!!!\
\
Jaz is a great character but unforunately oversteps his limitations whilst trying to offer his fans "Godly" and "Devilish" messages!\
\
Jaz and his KJ should stick to what they're excellent at, fantastic music with a message and let their fans deal with those messages in their own manner!\
\
Hype and bullshit is in abundance (see Bono and his fucking U2 do goodies!) and I personally don't need a fantastic musician to tell me about his apocalyptical visions, leave that to other forces, nature especially! And fuck his aliens too!!!\
\
Love Killing Joke and always will!!!\
\
JO
Jaggedone

Next

Return to News