News about the band.

Re: EUPHORIA!

Postby romero » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:37 pm

romero

Postby LSDMOFRO » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:03 am

romero wrote:Rather excellent new video for EUPHORIA here:

http://www.teamrock.com/news/2016-01-19/killing-joke-premiere-euphoria-video

What's interesting in this song is the Christian Theology...and the play of words on such. The song Euphoria ties directly into
In Excelsis. I noticed this when Pylon 1st came out but I kept my thoughts to my head...

Definition of Gloria in Excelsis: a Christian liturgical hymn having the verse form of the Psalms --Webster Dictionary
So there are many variations of the Christmas song Angels We Have Heard-on-High. aMny allusions to the In Excelsis and Euphoria tracks
to this song in some respects... But I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised. The thing about most religious songs is the repeat of refrain.
And it's a common technique used
in music. Refrain has a hypnotic effect. Killing Joke IS A SPIRITUAL band. Do I need to comment more? Not really.
I do like both tracks very much...get your demons out and see the sunlight! We can wallow in the darkness...but there's hope!
Salvation. Illumination.

So, it's a great trance song to get your mojo back and be grounded. I like when Killing Joke does this...because for me...Killing Joke
is a spiritual band. There's a lot of depth. There's alot of deep seeded transcendence.
It's why I get sick of people saying I don't like this track, I don't like that... It's a surface listening. Well, there's some
Killing Joke tracks that may not be hitting you on a spiritual level. It's funny that I've come back to past albums and because of the growth
and perspective in my life...the tracks and what they are presenting become clear. SO, my motto...Never give up on a Killing Joke song. That's my motto.
Wish I could say that in Latin! LOL!!!!

Ps...except die longpig. The bridge, refrain, and all the other parts are just OUT of Order. If that track and it's elements within had a different juxtaposition
it would have been a far better track. But hey, I wasn't there and could help produce!
LSDMOFRO

Postby Sapromind » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:43 pm

I wonder... Did Mike Coles have anything to do with this video?
Sapromind

Postby Mr.Punch » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:27 pm

I think the same. Either he assisted the Director or Director is very influenced by Colsey`s work. Good Clip tho.

But I wonder why they produce a new Video without a physical release as a single....
Mr.Punch

Postby romero » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:05 pm

But I wonder why they produce a new Video without a physical release as a single....

...and add a couple of unreleased tracks on the B Side...
romero

Previous

Return to News