2013 USA Tour CD ?

Unreleased stuff and such

Re: 2013 USA Tour CD ?

Postby Michael » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:42 pm

Amalgam, thank you very much!\
I have asked this, because the prices on these recordings have dropped in the past weeks and I'm thinking of buying one or two.
Life is too short to be taken seriously. (Oscar Wilde)\
Life is too short to share it on facebook. (Michael)
Michael

Postby Mr.Punch » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:55 pm

Narr Nar Nar my Friend! (Hi, Michael) don`t do that. Support the Band and order the Dub Thing!!!! It`s worth it! \:!:\
Mr.Punch

Postby Michael » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:39 pm

Punch, thanks for that advice, but I'm not a fan of Youth-remixes, to be honest....I'm not a fan of his paintings, either! \:|\
Life is too short to be taken seriously. (Oscar Wilde)\
Life is too short to share it on facebook. (Michael)
Michael

Postby LSDMOFRO » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:56 pm

sorry there Michael, I haven't been on the board much. I can give a good detailed review if ya want, \
but I haven't listened to it in a while...so, I'll just give you my top of the head impression...\
if you want details...I can listen and break it down...just ask... Most of the CD is pretty good,\
I like the fact that in most of the tracks...Geordie's guitar is very clear...and you can hear\
the intrinsic chords and rhythms and tempos and timing that sometimes drown out on studio releases\
\
The weakest sounding songs are the ones when Jaz's voice is burnt toast and it's glaring and takes away from the song;\
They are songs that are more vocal intensive like European Superstate, etc...\
And there's probably 2 or 3 tracks like that on it where his voice is a bit strained...\
which is not Jaz's fault or because of the recording...it's just that it's probably\
the 15th time Jaz sang the song in 10 day period and his voice hasn't rested. \
Other than that...it's better than a few"official" live releases...\
I'd compare it in quality to that of Down by the River. Bit's and pieces are extremely dynamite,\
then there's a few tracks that are just so - so... I'd give it a 7 out of 10. I did enjoy it when\
it popped up in the shuffle in the car...I wasn't bummed out that I bought it after it came. \
\
It took forever to come. Reza does cheap ground postage...which is great for the overseas consumer, but that also means\
it is NOT airmail. It comes via boat, sub-marine, or dolphin to USA, hence, taking it 6 to 8 weeks easy before it finally arrived
Last edited by LSDMOFRO on Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LSDMOFRO

Postby Bulging Eyes » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:17 am

Got my copy.\
Musically its good. Tracklisting is interesting. Jaz's vocals are low in the mix. The backing vocals are terrible.\
EES is cringeworthy. I don't this Jaz's voice is bad I think the band made a mistake using auto tune on AD. \
\
Youth and Geordie sound good. Jason Bowld on drums= cannot tell as he does not sound like the drummer I heard/saw in Auckland.\
\
I enjoyed listening to it but would to hear a live show that is as dynamic as the Gathering. Now that's a good sound.
Bulging Eyes

Previous

Return to Bootlegs & Rarities