Unknown song

Unreleased stuff and such

Unknown song

Postby scotty 2 tees » Mon May 27, 2013 7:26 pm

Just found this on a bootleg from Markthalle,Hamburg,16th June 1980. Although its terrible audio quality,its not a song ive ever heard before.Has anyone got an idea of what it is.\
For the full bootleg go here guitars101.com its just been uploaded.\
And heres the song http://www35.zippyshare.com/v/81739397/file.html \
OK hoping someone can shed some light on it/ enjoy \:)\
scotty 2 tees

Re: Unknown song

Postby Amalgam » Tue May 28, 2013 7:37 am

That song is called "Killer Dub (a.k.a. Bread & Jam)". The studio version is on the bonus disc of "Chaos for Breakfast" and goes on like forever. The song was played on a few occassions in the summer of 1980, especially during their German tour. \
Oh, and in case anyone cares, it's also going to be re-appear on Youth's forthcoming dub project.
Amalgam

Postby scotty 2 tees » Tue May 28, 2013 9:55 am

Had a hunch it was Killer,but it dont sound like any of the other versions ive heard b4.Anyway its good to have a live version at last.Cheers Amalgam \:)\
scotty 2 tees

Postby Amalgam » Tue May 28, 2013 3:57 pm

The best live version I know is from Haus Blumenthal, Krefeld, a few days after the Hamburg one.
Amalgam

Postby scotty 2 tees » Tue May 28, 2013 4:16 pm

guess you know ide like to hear that boot.Says its very rare and probably very expensive.Thanks again m8 \:)\
scotty 2 tees

Postby Mr.Punch » Tue May 28, 2013 8:23 pm

Amalgam wrote:The best live version I know is from Haus Blumenthal, Krefeld, a few days after the Hamburg one.
\
\
\
This must be in co incidence with the Okie Dokie Gig on the 20 of June 1980...,in Neuss..(round the corner of Düsseldorf or Krefeld) it wasn`t on the set there either or wasn`t recorded...but even before..in Berlin...SO 36 June the 10...I`ll give this one a spin and report later... \;)\
Mr.Punch

Postby Amalgam » Tue May 28, 2013 10:17 pm

I know that a few years ago someone sold on ebay a bootleg tape of the gig at the Okie Dokie. I suppose someone here on the forum must have made the winning bid, but it wasn't me. But back in the early 90s I used to travel all the way to Krefeld, once in a while by train with an old mate of mine. There was a great music shop called "Back From the Grave - Gravest Hits" which was specialized in punk and new wave bootlegs on all formats. That's where we got a copy from the Krefeld gig that has "Killer Dub" on it. Other tapes we found were from Loreley '85 (years before the official release) and a super cool gig from the Tower Ballroom in Birmingham '81. While both the Krefeld and B'ham tapes had good sound, I don't think they are currently circulating in a superior lossless format, taken straight from the masters. \
One of the the funny things about the Krefeld show is how the encore (Complications) was dedicated by Big Paul to "our mate Bob, who was taken by German police this morning and put in jail", followed by Jaz snarling "Yeah...fucking nazis!" after which a girl in the audience asked her boyfriend "What? What did he say?", to which he just replied "He said fucking nazis", apparently assuming that Jaz was throwing abuse at the audience. A nice example of things being taken out of context!
Amalgam

Postby Werewolf32 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:05 am

'Killer Dub' audio videos ( including vocal + instrumental versions):\
\
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlUnVctB8wQ
Werewolf32

Return to Bootlegs & Rarities