Postby scotty 2 tees » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:38 pm

https://youtu.be/RYH62c4L-F0

Thanks to Irvine Bhoy :D
scotty 2 tees

Re: Rockaway,2016 full gig

Postby Michael » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:47 pm

Thank you, mate! I've wanted to say this for a very long time! :D
Life is too short to be taken seriously. (Oscar Wilde)\
Life is too short to share it on facebook. (Michael)
Michael

Postby LSDMOFRO » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:51 am

Geordie's guitar really comes thru on this. I was looking for this and so happy you posted it. What I want is a flac file so I can make a nice disc out of this...

Scotty! Help!
LSDMOFRO

Postby scotty 2 tees » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:50 pm

Theres tons of youtube to flac converters online,heres 1 to try

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... MkIXQsqTvw

I havent personally ever used this so BEWARE,simply paste youtube url into convert box.and hey presto ,a flac file,hope it works

you might have to register to get full features,but there maybe other sites that dont require registration.
scotty 2 tees

Postby Mr.Punch » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:39 pm

Can`t watch it over here cos of the Xoutube/Gema conflictn :(
How could you,Michael? can somebody send me a download file?
Mr.Punch

Postby LSDMOFRO » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:34 am

scotty 2 tees wrote:Theres tons of youtube to flac converters online,heres 1 to try

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... MkIXQsqTvw

I havent personally ever used this so BEWARE,simply paste youtube url into convert box.and hey presto ,a flac file,hope it works

you might have to register to get full features,but there maybe other sites that dont require registration.

Ah...Yes. But then I would be converting a compressed file to an uncompressed file. But thanks brother...and I'll keep this converter in mind for other stuff.
It just sounds like a really good show, hence...someone has the original wav file...somewhere! I'm glad you found this show though, because I was looking and all I found was a dead stream
sponsored by Rockaway Beach. So you found the treasure! And I thank you much!!!
LSDMOFRO

Postby scotty 2 tees » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:18 pm

im a little confused ( slightly of topic sorry ) if you download to mp4 the audio is very clear,clearer than flac in some cases.Why not convert to wav from mp4 then burn a cd. Anyway if I can help,no probs,just say. When I upload to youtube its all in 24bit audio,which is a higher resolution than cd 44.1 ,so when anyone downloads my songs they should be getting a brill sound regardless of the video quality.Im waffling,perhaps go pm m8.

In regards to this gig,it gets very intense,and full of fire from 20 mins onward.Jaz voice very hoarse but rescues it in true heroic fashion
Wish they would stop with requiem every gig though,but its a brilliant gig all in all.

Does Jaz use autotune ? His voice seems to change from being knackered to awesome again.I noticed this in Manchester last year aswel.?
scotty 2 tees

Postby LSDMOFRO » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:21 am

Thanks Scotty. I am under the impression that you tube compresses audio. And when u download you are getting a compressed version. I don't know this for fact so ill try and do a little research. I thank you for all your time and faithful submissions here to the forum and to you tube!!!
LSDMOFRO

Postby LSDMOFRO » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:32 am

Here's a little more information:

https://www.h3xed.com/web-and-internet/youtube-audio-quality-bitrate-240p-360p-480p-720p-1080p

Rex and Jack Ass Joe seem to pinpoint a tad on bit rates vs mhz on this forum. http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=1063371

What I was driving at or had questions about was I think goes into the mystery category as it depends actually what bit rate the user uploaded to youtube?
And when it comes to bootlegs, if you never know the the source and generation, compression upon compression I would "think" sound loss happens,
then again, I'm getting more confused by this stuff by the day.

http://archive.arstechnica.com/wankerdesk/1q00/mp3/mp3-1.html

REGARDLESS, NONETHELESS, you are the man that finally located this gig and I'm downloading it right now and will be making a CD!

But as always, I'm interested in you thoughts on quality or anyone else whom might chime in...I'm that nerdy purist or want 1st generation or 2nd generation sources of bootlegs.
LSDMOFRO

Postby LSDMOFRO » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:43 am

Oh to add some to the mix, pun intended... by what I posted above... It appears YouTube audio is getting close or up to cd quality??? There seems to be quite can be arguments about it:

I can say this. I'm talking about UNCOMPRESSED files...

i.e; from Wikipedia:

There are three major groups of audio file formats:

Uncompressed audio formats, such as WAV, AIFF, AU or raw header-less PCM;

Formats with lossless compression, such as FLAC, Monkey's Audio (filename extension .ape), WavPack (filename extension .wv), TTA, ATRAC Advanced Lossless, ALAC (filename extension .m4a), MPEG-4 SLS, MPEG-4 ALS, MPEG-4 DST, Windows Media Audio Lossless (WMA Lossless), and Shorten (SHN).

Formats with lossy compression, such as Opus, MP3, Vorbis, Musepack, AAC, ATRAC and Windows Media Audio Lossy (WMA lossy).
LSDMOFRO

Next

Return to Bootlegs & Rarities