Jock McDonald's Indecent Exposure Show????

Unreleased stuff and such

Jock McDonald's Indecent Exposure Show????

Postby LSDMOFRO » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:12 am

GathererMOFRO Calling Question???

So, I was looking that this Jock McDonald EP or Single (whathaveyou?) online in various places...
On one particular release, it alludes that Killing Joke and The Sex Pistols are "I suppose" participating
musically in some way? Kinda odd...some drunken debauchery esoteric avant garde punk thing going on here?

Anyone with background on this one? hoax? :? thanks much!!!!
LSDMOFRO

Re: Jock McDonald's Indecent Exposure Show????

Postby Mr.Punch » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:29 pm

Guessing wot ya on about is this http://www.discogs.com/The-Lydons-And-T ... se/2322406

Got it, funny Album...but no Geordie to be detectect , nor Lydon..Youth probably....as Jimmy Lydon is involved and Jock o`Donnel aka Jock Mc Donald from the BollockvBros which were the origins of 4 be 2..feat. Jimmy Lydon and Youth...to me a Gimmick with a kinda Collectors worth....dunno

Cheers
Mr.Punch

Postby Michael » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:46 pm

I have it, but it's just a rerelease of two 4" Be 2"-tracks. No Sex Pistols involved, but Youth (maybe). I know Jock, he has lived in Cologne for many years. He's a funny guy and he loves to tell stories from his past in the London Punk scene, but lies notoriously, when it comes to his own history. In fact he has never played with any of the Pistols, but with Jimmy Lydon, John's brother. And he has played with Youth, yes. The Pistol's thing has always been a marketing gag for getting money. But Jock has promoted the first PIL-shows ever, but that's the only musical connection to John Lydon.
If you are looking for 4" Be 2"-tracks, get "The Lydon's and the O'donnel's Family Album"-bootleg on vinyl, it contains all tracks they've recorded. Patrick O'Donnel is Jock McDonald's real name, that's where the album title comes from.
A few years ago I've sent Youth greetings from Jock after a concert backstage, but Youth hasn't been very happy about it, he just made a face and said "Oh....Jock...". Jock has never been good in making friends with The Joke. ;-)
PS: It took me so long to write this damn entry, that Punch has already answered your question, when I've pressed "submit"! :lol: :lol:
Life is too short to be taken seriously. (Oscar Wilde)\
Life is too short to share it on facebook. (Michael)
Michael

Postby scotty 2 tees » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:10 pm

this is interesting,not sure if ive posted in correct section,but here goes.https://theamazingkornyfonelabel.wordpr ... g-ud-6533/
scotty 2 tees

Postby Michael » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:23 pm

Scotty, that's a nice one, thank you.
"Probably the most infamous John Lydon / 4″Be 2” “collaboration” is the trip to Dublin in 1980, where John ended up in Mountjoy Prison after being beaten up by a barman." A few years ago (maybe 2013 or 14) Jock and is brother have told me about this incident, that they've paid the money for John to get him out of prison and fetched him from prison, and that he just walked by and said "Fuck off!" to them. Maybe it's true, mabye it's a lie, some stories Jock tells sound too much like a cliche, but one has to believe it or not. ;)
Life is too short to be taken seriously. (Oscar Wilde)\
Life is too short to share it on facebook. (Michael)
Michael

Postby LSDMOFRO » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:55 am

Michael wrote:PS: It took me so long to write this damn entry, that Punch has already answered your question, when I've pressed "submit"! :lol: :lol:

Great post! Funny shit. And thanks Punch. I might give it a whirl...a spin...I'll at least put it in my want list. thanks again, sorry for the delay in thank you!
LSDMOFRO

Return to Bootlegs & Rarities