Auckland

Talks about tour dates upcoming and past

Auckland

Postby Bulging Eyes » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:05 am

Well I am here in Auckland with the missus. Quite excited at just a few hours before the show. TDARS was shown last night- I didn't go cos I had already booked flights etc. The band apparently did not do a Q&A after the film cos the was issues with flights from Oz to NZ. \
Will relay some of my more lucid thoughts after the show.
Bulging Eyes

Re: Auckland

Postby Bulging Eyes » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:49 pm

Sound was not the best- too loud! It settled down after a while. The venue was over capacity which meant the mosh pit pretty much covered the entire floor. Set list was very good and I heard Rapture and Corporate Elect for the first time- which were fucking throbbing.\
All the band were on top form with Jaz not that chatty but Geordie was loud- I particurly liked his intro to Chop Chop. \
The drummer, Jason Bowld, was unreal. I thought at one point he was going to pound his drums into the Northern Hemisphere. He was fucking lethal. \
The police arrived at the show later for an incident and I managed to get a review of the TDARS movie. I was quite pissed by then but the movie is really good apparently.
Bulging Eyes

Postby Bulging Eyes » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:57 pm

http://www.witchdoctor.co.nz/index.php/ ... ve-review/\
\
Glad it's not just me being an old fart.
Bulging Eyes

Postby bones » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:55 am

What a shame, they were awesome in Sydney and played in my favourite venue, The Metro. It was at around 90% capacity, I reckon, and everyone could see, thanks to the tiers of standing room in the back half of the venue. It really did make up for all the disppointment of their last tour.
BONES
bones

Return to Tours