Stand in Drummer in NZ and Oz

Talks about tour dates upcoming and past

Stand in Drummer in NZ and Oz

Postby Bulging Eyes » Fri May 31, 2013 12:22 am

No Big Paul in Oz or New Zealand. He has tendinitis from non music related activities.\
Jason Bowld is on drums. Anyone know of this guy- did he play in Seattle LSDMOFRO?
Bulging Eyes

Re: Stand in Drummer in NZ and Oz

Postby Mr.Punch » Fri May 31, 2013 6:02 pm

http://www.jasonbowld.com/biog.html\
\
Well, it`s indeed, sad news both ways...1. for BP suffering from bad ass pain and 2 for the gatheterers down under ,waiting since aeons to see the original line up and now...\
\
Enjoy the shows Bros & sis. it´s up to you to give the Band a good feel and warm welcome (which you will I `m sure) so that they`ll return quickly, then with BP fully recovered.\
\
\
GET WELL SOON PAUL!!!!
Mr.Punch

Postby Fonz » Fri May 31, 2013 6:24 pm

Jason Bowld is a well-respected modern metal sort of drummer. I think he was in Pitchshifter- a UK based slightly politically orientated band that pioneered the use of samples and electronics in a metal context. I have some stuff of theirs which I rate highly.
Fonz

Postby Lsind » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:03 am

Pitchshifter... That's why the name Jason Bowld rang a bell. Pitchshifter - who I think reformed lately - have always been a good band to see live. Some decent records as well, although I prefer the first three - as Pitch Shifter - which were released way before Bowld got involved in the band. Saw them live with him drumming once and he was quite fit for the part, he should be ok for KJ.
Lsind

Postby LSDMOFRO » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:03 am

Yes...that was him! And he had a smile of his face but he was working his ass off!\
They all seem to be having one damn good time with each other...this guy plays a mean set of drums!\
Viva big paul!
LSDMOFRO

Postby bones » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:55 am

I saw them in Sydney last night and they brought the house down! I also saw them in 2003 and they were very ordinary but last night was an absolute triumph. The venue was packed, the sound was really good and the set was brilliant. And the drummer was a big part of it. That guy can really hit those skins - he broke his snare towards the end of the set. A lot of punters were disappointed that they didn't do Love Like Blood but they played so many great songs, I couldn't have cared less. The only thing I might have hoped for were a few more from the current album but they only played Corporate Elect. Anyway, it was a fantastic show and no-one has anything to worry about with this drummer.
BONES
bones

Postby billynoband » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:59 pm

Jason has played for them before, plenty of times. He knows his stuff.
All the best gig's have no support band and finish early. Time for bed Flowrence said Dougal.
billynoband

Return to Tours