KJ Live in London 8 September 2012 (New Intimate Show)

Talks about tour dates upcoming and past

Re: KJ Live in London 8 September 2012 (New Intimate Show)

Postby Mr.Punch » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:48 pm

Wise words bros.\
\
As far as I can understand a tolorate some of the reaction..you`re goddamn right! The Bizz ain`t what it was before(tho I told a million times before) and if it`ll get us another great album or DVD why not??? (Personally I can`t afford it, but being based in London and sorroundings.. I would join..as it`ll pay off in the end in any way.I still see that people feeling fooled around by KJ s bizz... (if it`s their bizz and not management/TV Station Deal ---even Jaz doesn`t pull ALL strings)but hey, aren`t we used to it in the meanwhile? And...last but not least...the price increase on petrol the last 5 years??? Anybody switched to a bicycle???\
\
Nobody has to join the gig, but as LSD put it...if you have the chance..go and tell Jaz in the face what a rip off it is ,or was...or enjoy..as you`re enjoying Motor Biking or running a car...or even smoke a fag...tho it`s becoming more and more expensive each day....or just...pssst..and have a second thaught.\
\
Just a hint, fellas
Mr.Punch

Postby Werewolf32 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:24 pm

£50 tops would be better. So too would several days gigs I agree, with some material we haven't heard for ages like Extremities and BTATS.\
\
Seeing KJ on TV again will be great stuff.
Werewolf32

Postby Amalgam » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:29 pm

Werewolf32 wrote:£50 tops would be better. So too would several days gigs I agree, with some material we haven't heard for ages like Extremities and BTATS.\
\
Seeing KJ on TV again will be great stuff.
\
\
Good point. The sensation of seeing KJ on TV is very different from seeing them live at some venue. Even though it may not be taken for granted to see the original line-up (in case Big Paul's behind the drums) play "Wardance" once more, it feels like some kind of public recognition and appreciation for the merits of this band to see them broadcasted (probably on a channel I can't receive, but I guess that's what's YouTube's for). I've seen KJ often enough live and after the euphoria of seeing the original line-up again in Brussels in 2008 (which was better even than the subsequent London shows) I may not want to see them live again, for fear of getting disillusioned.\
\
As for the two albums mentioned: Your best chance will be hearing "Money Is Not Our God", but it will NOT be played at this occassion, no way! And whatever Youth thinks of these albums, I think it goes without saying that these albums are just not band favourites, otherwise songs would have been performed more frequently over the past two decades. \
The best you will ever hear from 1000 Suns will be either the Newcastle Mayflower audio or the Florence video (apart from he much maligned BBC "Live in Concert" CD). The best from "Extremities" will be... anything featuring Martin Atkins, because as much as the 2003 album was in some way a Dave Grohl + guests album, as much was "Extremities" an album that wouldn't work as well with a drummer other than him. Stylistically, both 1000 Suns and "Extremities" are somewhat off the beaten track within the KJ repertoire. Those albums are so excentric, they just couldn't be performed in a way that does honour to the original, if only for the reason that Paul Raven can't be part of it.
Amalgam

Postby centrala » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:01 am

If i pay 200 pound . C\
an i sing in TV you know Jaz is god but i paid so i can do anything i want AS WIP WANKER GUY .\
\
Guys thats stupid i know Jaz is not teenager ... I know they shoul earn the money and if that studio vip shit will be for 50 pounds i will said "ok".\
But why the hell that band is telling me form 2003 about greed coroporates and other stuff (like monotematicministry) when they "is part of it" i could understand if they will slow down with the politics BUT THEY DON'T even in interviews . So what's the matter ?And why the hell jAZZZ hates BONO if he do the things wchich perfectly fit to that ... cou*t . \
\
Im really sorry but maybe it is time to end killing joke before they sell out their souls in exclusive studio album for 20 person ... \
\
\
i'm drunk as fuck maybe i will forgive them later but that vip studio dvd i will steal from internet . LET'S BE HONEST they are NOT POOR BAND TO DO SUCH A SCAM'S LIKE GEMS OF POWER DOWN BY THE RIVER ,VIP GIG;S (LOL ).\
Poor band singers doesnt live in .... New Zeland and don't play's european tours \:!:\\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
Really if there is no money and determination (without ripping off diehard fans ) for run that ship they should take a one or even two year break ...\
\
\
Maybe im not a gatherer but Jaz teach me one thing don't follow and look at the leaders when they are compromised .\
\
\
If wouldn 't love that band i wouldnt write that at 4 morning love is blood sorry Jaz ...
centrala

Postby Lord Mureth » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:18 am

looks like NMA may be the only band left with any integrity, then.... \:cry:\
Lord Mureth

Postby LSDMOFRO » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:13 pm

Lord Mureth wrote:looks like NMA may be the only band left with any integrity, then.... \:cry:\
\
\
I'm getting off thread...I'll keep it short.\
\
Fuguzi has the ultimate integrity! Henry Rollins too by himself or with Rollins Band. And, I remember a post in this forum about Jaz back in the day ripping Black Flag about some Charles Mansion bs... Not true... the mighty Black Flag never would have condoned any thing of such...Englishmen would say, "Poppycock"! Jaz should know the press better than anyone in such matters...
LSDMOFRO

Postby Fonz » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:26 am

High ticket fees aren't unique these days. I am a bit surprised at this escapade though. \
If I lived closer I might be tempted. It would be a memorable experience. \
If total revenue is about £6000 that's peanuts in the overall scheme of things. \
I think you'd get better value then going to an arena show for a really popular performer and getting one of their VIP packages.
Fonz

Postby Icen Killin » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:53 pm

I saw them at the Underworld Camden, 2003 or so, that was a great night and also at the Barfly in Camden a few years later, that wasn't so good.\
If the room is too small, it just doesn't work, the KJ sound is expansive, if it's compressed into a tiny space it loses it's power.\
\
Also depends on the shape of the room, the Underworld is a bit wider, the Barfly was a rectangular box and the sound just didn't work in there.\
\
I'd say if this is being broadcast and recorded it should be a good sound, but I wouldn't pay £200 for the privilege.
Icen Killin

Postby Amalgam » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:02 pm

Icen Killin wrote:\
I'd say if this is being broadcast and recorded it should be a good sound, but I wouldn't pay £200 for the privilege.
\
\
Now let's face it: Who of you guys out there have laid down the full 150 quid for those 8 bootleg CDRs? If none of you here have, then who would cough up even more dosh for JUST ONE BLOODY GIG?! \
I don't know what your monthly rent is, but if you don't happen to live around the corner of the venue in question, the price for a ticket, plus added costs for transport and accommodation might approach just that. \
\
Back in 2003 I travelled to London in order to see a very special set of gigs from the Cardiacs. I went there for two evenings, and both shows were absolutely unique, because they played songs they hadn't played in over 20 years. Those gigs were a true benchmark in that band's history and to this day I think I was part of a once in a lifetime event. In the case of this 'new intimate show' I fail to see the added value if it means that the set will not be much different from what we have heard many many times before. For me, Killing Joke have had their unique event back in 2008 with the reunion concerts. But even those weren't nearly as pricey as this announced event.
Amalgam

Postby Lord Mureth » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:01 am

It'd cost me £200 just in transport to London and hotel, most likely.... will sometimes pay that much if the gig itself is affordable (eg Royal Festival Hall) but I'd be talking £400 for an hour or so of music. Never worth it!
Lord Mureth

PreviousNext

Return to Tours