Cult/Mish/Joke

Talks about tour dates upcoming and past

Re: Cult/Mish/Joke

Postby scotty 2 tees » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:38 pm

according to this,its all being downsized http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/
scotty 2 tees

Postby billynoband » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:42 pm

Looks like Birmingham is sold out, and London I think, unless they are keeping a few back. No tickets are available on the 02 Brum site and they are starting to appear from both venues as leaches try to sell them for £70 odd quid on eaby.\
Cant say I can be bothered to drive to Leeds or Newcastle where it's not sold out yet but if you are thinking of going I would get a ticket quick.
All the best gig's have no support band and finish early. Time for bed Flowrence said Dougal.
billynoband

Postby Lord Mureth » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:21 am

sounds like KJ MIGHT have pulled out...\
\
(I've removed the quote from KJ's Facebook page, as it's been taken down by them...) hmmmm.!
Last edited by Lord Mureth on Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Mureth

Postby renny » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:51 pm

glad i prevaricated over getting a ticket now - a narrow escape !\
\
now i just need to sneak into this 'secret' gig......
renny

Postby billynoband » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:04 pm

Had a feeling about those gig's not happening.\
\
What secret gig.
All the best gig's have no support band and finish early. Time for bed Flowrence said Dougal.
billynoband

Postby warr » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:20 pm

Is it all officially off ? Does that mean we get some 'normal' KJ gigs later in the year instead ?!! In optimism ......
warr

Postby Michael » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:16 pm

Sorry, this is old (24.07.12), but I've missed this one before, so i thought I should share it: It's Wayne Hussey's statement about KJ not playing and he shows much respect towards KJ. He seems to be very fair and understanding.:\
"Well, we’ve been asked a few times over the last few days if we know what, exactly, is happening with Killing Joke and the Cult tour. The simple answer is no, we don’t. \
We only know as much as any of you that have read Jaz Coleman’s (alleged) outburst on Facebook the other day and in light of that statement (that has since been taken down from the Killing Joke Facebook page we must add) I think the promoters have conceded that Killing Joke ARE puling out of the shows. \
We have tried to contact the band through their management, agents, and promoters and it seems that no one is any the wiser and the band have gone incommunicado. I haven’t seen or spoken with Jaz for getting on for 20 years but always got on very well with him and we enjoyed a lot of mutual respect, I believe.\
And I, personally, empathise and echo some of Jaz’s sentiments. Agreeing to play these shows was always about the event for me, 3 great bands for the price of one. And, like KJ, the opportunity to extend our audience by playing to people that maybe wouldn’t ordinarily come and see us play. Now, I wouldn’t call that ‘stealing’ as such but I’m certainly looking forward to ‘converting’ a few. I’m as disappointed as anyone that it now seems KJ won’t be there as I was looking forward to seeing them again, and looking forward to following them onto stage every night for a week. I know they are a formidable live band and most bands would be full of trepidation knowing they had to follow KJ every night but I was looking forward to the challenge and believed it would actually make us raise our game. It was The Cult I felt sorry for, having to follow Killing Joke AND The Mission. Now that would be tough for any band but knowing Ian and Billy I’m sure they’ll have the same attitude as us and it’ll make them raise their game. \
Whilst it’s true that if we’d have been asked in the first place to play the venues we are now playing after the downsize from arenas we certainly would’ve thought twice as, just like Killing Joke, these are venues that we could easily play on our own but we committed to the tour and now aim to see that commitment through. And we are looking forward to it. I emphasise, WE, THE MISSION, ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO IT. \
Now, in the event that it is finally confirmed that KJ have pulled out, the promoters are searching for another band to take their place. I, personally, hope they don’t find anyone else. People that have already bought tickets have bought tickets to see The Cult, The Mission and, admittedly, Killing Joke. The fact that KJ aren’t now gonna be there should be looked as an opportunity for us and The Cult to actually be able to play for longer to people that have bought tickets to see us, not a miscellaneous band that has been drafted in at the last moment to fill a gap. Let The Mission and The Cult fill that gap by playing longer sets. Logistically it would make life a lot easier with the changeovers etc. Makes sense to me and I’d prefer it now that it seems Killing Joke aren’t gonna be there. \
If, by chance, this message gets to Jaz, or any of the Killing Joke boys, I’d just like to say that I will miss you at these shows and I was looking forward to reacquainting myself with you all. And, I understand your motives for pulling out. It doesn’t surprise me and it was something we did consider ourselves, although only fleetingly, when the venues were downsized. Hopefully our paths will cross again at some other time in the not too distant future.\
OK, on a more upbeat note I’d just like to say a quick thank you to all the people that came and helped make my solo show in Sao Paulo a week or so ago such a good night. I hope to be playing more of these before the year’s end. And, just in case you hadn’t heard, during a Tv interview that I did here in Brazil (see link below) I did let it slip that Craig, Simon, Mike, and myself are planning to record a new Mission album over the next 12 months. Before we all get carried away just let me say that we first have to write the songs and that’s usually quite a lengthy process. We anticipate starting to record the album in Spring time hopefully in time for an autumn 2013 release. We’d be interested to hear what you’d expect from a new Mission album, not that we’ll take any heed……. \
And lastly, I’m particularly looking forward to the two upcoming Blood Brother shows, that band is going places. Well, Southampton and Nottingham for a start…….I’ll be able to see the white of your eyes, not that you’ll be able see mine……\
Cheers, \
Wayne\
P.S. I’ve just heard that the Facebook statement that was allegedly from Jaz wasn’t at all but from a fan that was hanging out with the band recently in Prague who paraphrased some of the comments made by Jaz and the band and took it upon himself to post it online. Apparently KJ are preparing their own statement which we wait for with bated breath and which will also confirm that they are still apparently pulling out of the tour. And Jaz, if it’s true you are recording in Argentina in the new year let me know and I’ll pop over and see you. Not far from here."\
\
http://themissionuk.com/wp/2012/07/kill ... D4TzlLQiI4
Life is too short to be taken seriously. (Oscar Wilde)\
Life is too short to share it on facebook. (Michael)
Michael

Postby Werewolf32 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:13 pm

Recently Ian Astbury of The Cult had this to say:\
\
Interviewer: "There has been a lot of press about your UK tour with Killing Joke and a rather nasty tirade that was supposedly attributed to Killing Joke frontman Jaz Coleman. What exactly happened?"\
\
Astbury: "We made a decision try to let everything settle before we say what we want to say. We simply decided to sit back for now. Apparently, the webmaster for Killing Joke's website wrote the statement on their behalf, the band immediately issued an apology. Jaz wasn't even in the country when all of this went down. But the fact of the matter is by people taking sides, nobody cares about Jaz Coleman and nobody cares about Ian Astbury. It is easy to get caught up in the triviality of it all. For now, I will tell you that we've given Killing Joke the opportunity to get their house in order. I have friends that are friends with Jaz and so I felt it was right to offer a little cultural diplomacy."\
\
http://musicnerd.ca/the-cult-return-fro ... ilderness/\
\
I thought a KJ fan called Cormac (not the KJ webmaster) claimed to have chatted to Jaz in Prague, and supposedly posted the Facebook post which was subsequently removed? But then later an Official KJ Facebook statement said someone had been impersonating Jaz and he wanted to find out who? Jaz wished The Cult and The Mission all the best with the tour. KJ apologised to their fans but Jaz and the band would never 'apologise' to The Cult, particularly as he says it wasn't him.
Werewolf32

Postby Michael » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:37 am

For me this is a very ugly example of a fan, who thinks something like "Hey, I've talked to JAZ, I have the right to speak IN his name, I know his thoughts, I know everything, I'm almost him..." blablabla. And: "I've bought all their products, have been to every concert, I OWN this band and I can tell them what to do with just posting it online!!" \:evil:\ I don't know, what's wrong with these people...
Life is too short to be taken seriously. (Oscar Wilde)\
Life is too short to share it on facebook. (Michael)
Michael

Postby Mr.Punch » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:24 pm

Sorry, Micheal, but in this case you`re wrong. I met Cormac in Prague in Feb. And he`s a fabulous nice bloke as far as I can rate him. And he is /was indeed very close to Jaz and Co.\
\
So, whatever happened or been talked between both of them...only they can tell. I can imagine, that his real intention was to inform people that there`s trouble with these showsshowing up on the horizon...and in the end it turned out... \;)\ \
\
In general you`re right. There`s loads of wanna be`s and I AM INNER CIRCLE maniacs out there causing enough trouble...\
\
\
PS: Köln hasn`t happen, cos of private issues... \:roll:\
Mr.Punch

PreviousNext

Return to Tours